New Stax 007tII vs Old Stax 007t?
Jul 26, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianS
YES, are you thinking along the lines of OMEGA III Adrian?

eek.gif
blink.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis
The SRM-007tII have at least got a new front layout. Power and Input buttons have a new placement and look.

Internal changes:
* Support for "Normal" headspeakers have been removed. It now support Pro only.
* It now have three input channels. While the old one have two.
* ...?

I have an original SRM-007t and it doesn't have a "Normal" headphone output. It's got 3 "Pro Only" outputs.

Jul 26, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac
I have an original SRM-007t and it doesn't have a "Normal" headphone output. It's got 3 "Pro Only" outputs.

Then they have produced two different SRM-007t models.
Cause mine have two "Pro Only" (the left ones), and one "Normal" (the right one).

Strange!
rolleyes.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad
I might end getting it. The SR-Omegas are easier to drive than the O2 and if a smallish one-box solution is still very good then that would be perfect. I have kind of space limitations.

Besides I had hard time dealing with British customs with custom amplifiers from USA in the past. If you later on want to send it back for tuning you are likely to need to pay around 20-33% of the value of it again on the way back if you are not careful. And it is not cheap. And even being careful it is a pain of paperwork. Perhaps I was unlucky but I had similar experiences purchasing gear too. That makes me think twice the order of a custom amp.

I might end doing it after all, though. The ES-1 is really tempting as the T2 is. I must say that although they are reports of Omegas2 improving a lot with the ES-1 over the 007t, the SR-Omegas seem to be far easier to drive (I'm quite happy even with a SRM-T1 and I use to be quite picky) so perhaps the improvement is not that huge. I still expect improvement, though.

Consider the SR-Omega like an HE60 on steroids, but kind of similar sound signature, and the 007t has a very good synergy with it. That's why I was thinking that perhaps a 007t (or 007tII) could be quite good for the SR-Omegas, being even a better fit that for the Omega2s. I guess I won't know until I try...

I've also heard the McAlister offering is a great competitor for the SRM-007t, but it is a bit large looking from the pics. :/

Jul 26, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #36 of 38
Later production runs of the 007t removed the normal output and replaced it with a pro output.

Jul 26, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Does anyone else notice the color change in the 007tII? It moved from a 'champagne'-like color to silver.

Could this be a sign of a new pairing to come?

That'd be pretty amazing. It'd still be really cool even if all they did was give us a silver metal SR-007, honestly.

Jul 26, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
That'd be pretty amazing. It'd still be really cool even if all they did was give us a silver metal SR-007, honestly.

Or better yet, reissue the SR-Omega in silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back