New speakers here!!!!!
Jul 24, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #31 of 61
WOW. Very nice pictures and speakers. Hope you enjoy them!

Jul 24, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #32 of 61
Congrats on the new speakers and on being that much closer to "almost done" with your system . . . yeah, right!
wink.gif
Speaking of your signature, seeing this little piece of wisdom:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Hankins
"Buy it now...and then you got it." (My vinyl buying rule to live by)

was pretty much the last straw that broke me down into placing an order for a new VPI TT and Lyra cartridge from Todd. At least Sleestack's former XR-10B will have a more fitting mate coming soon. Thanks for the assist!
cool.gif

Jul 25, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #33 of 61
Voltron, Way to go!! Let me when your (PM me) table gets there. I would love to hear your impressions with the RS phonostage. How long before Todd gets it out to you? My Scoutmaster has been with VPI getting upgraded for about 2 1/2 weeks now should be back and setup by Sat. (Please GOD I been good)

Jul 25, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Voltron, Way to go!! Let me when your (PM me) table gets there. I would love to hear your impressions with the RS phonostage. How long before Todd gets it out to you? My Scoutmaster has been with VPI getting upgraded for about 2 1/2 weeks now should be back and setup by Sat. (Please GOD I been good)

LOL. I have been very bad, so I don't know when the table will arrive.
evil_smiley.gif
Todd hasn't even responded to my email yet. I went back and forth with Todd and a few other Head-Fiers on what table to get, and it ended up not being the SSM although it was a very close call. I will PM when the setup is set up, plus I am sure that I will feel compelled to post some pics here in speaker land. Ray's phono stage is truly an excellent piece, and can even make my Dual 505 sound pretty decent. Before he shunned vinyl, Sleestack had the SSM and XR-10B and they sounded great together.

Jul 25, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #35 of 61
Tom>That is a lovely set of speakers you have. I do like the look of them. Maybe I should get a job driving a zamboni. I get to watch hockey games and get paid, so that I can spend it on audio stuff
rs1smile.gif
What more could you ask for.

Jul 25, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #36 of 61
Tom,

I just had to comment...

THAT's the way to get things done around here... go big or go home. Congrats on the Thiels! I heard the 2.4C before and I thought they gave out a pretty good sound.

Congrats again and you look pleased with your gear if I say so myself.

Oh... btw, thanks to mulveling, your exploits have reached as far as the Polk Forum.

Jul 26, 2006 at 10:13 AM Post #37 of 61
Well after living in front of these things for the past few days, Ive come to realize they do three things as good (if not better) than any speakers, in any system, I have ever heard.
They are so detailed in a way that makes it so easy to follow and hear the details without ever showing signs of listener fatigue. Pure music (and all of it) in a relaxed manor that is so sweet. I cant stop listening.
The ease of which they create music is so easy without strain. It the first thing everyone who has heard them notices.
The best for last. The soundstage in the best and most focused I heard. Better than any I have heard at any price throughout years of auditions and friends and my own gear. It never changes. No matter where you are in the room. Even sitting right in front of one speaker or the other, you still hear the players were they are from the swet spot. If you move in the room its like you changed seats at a show. Never do the players move.
Also the stage is huge and deep very 3D.
The only problem I could see with these speakers is they live between 2.7-4 ohms and have a sensitivity of only 86db. They need LOTS of good power. The parasounds have had no problem. Life is good and I am lucky!
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #38 of 61
Did you get rid of your SDS-XLR? I still have mine, but it literally has seen 1or 2 hours of use in the past year. I just can't let it go.

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #39 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
LOL. I have been very bad, so I don't know when the table will arrive.
evil_smiley.gif
Todd hasn't even responded to my email yet. I went back and forth with Todd and a few other Head-Fiers on what table to get, and it ended up not being the SSM although it was a very close call. I will PM when the setup is set up, plus I am sure that I will feel compelled to post some pics here in speaker land. Ray's phono stage is truly an excellent piece, and can even make my Dual 505 sound pretty decent. Before he shunned vinyl, Sleestack had the SSM and XR-10B and they sounded great together.

Glad to see you are getting a table worthy of that wonderful phono stage.
I've gone off the digital deep end.

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #40 of 61
Congrats to you Tom and thanks for leting me hearing them on Monday. Absolute transparent, ton and ton of details, very engaiging midrange, and a total effortless in producing music. Despite their enormous size and weight they disappear right after music start. I can't wait until you hook up your new table and your digital source upgrade!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention their huge and wonderful soundstage!

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #41 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Never thought I'd say this, but my headphones are starting to get ignored!

Send them to Canada! I'll take care of them for you Wayne.
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #42 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Did you get rid of your SDS-XLR? I still have mine, but it literally has seen 1or 2 hours of use in the past year. I just can't let it go.

<whispers in ear>.....let go.....simply....let......go........
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh and Wayne....ignore Phil. There's really no need to risk those cans with the brutes in customs. Keep 'em stateside. Actually, I was thinking the southeast is an ideal spot. I know this cozy little town in Georgia......
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #43 of 61
Quote:

Glad to see you are getting a table worthy of that wonderful phono stage.
I've gone off the digital deep end.

Sorry to be off-topic in Tom's thread, but I am hoping that you will be able to hear the new table when you come over to help set up my Tact2.2XP. The table should arrive in 2-3 weeks and the Tact is at TacT now for the upgrade.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...
tongue.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #44 of 61
Quote:

I couldnt justify keeping it. I wanted to get the most out of headphone listening since that was all I had. I think that amp properly sourced definitly did that for me.But once I had the chance to build a dedicated listening room my headphone days were pretty much done.

Jul 26, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #45 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
I couldnt justify keeping it. I wanted to get the most out of headphone listening since that was all I had. I think that amp properly sourced definitly did that for me.But once I had the chance to build a dedicated listening room my headphone days were pretty much done.

Same here. My headphone days are done. I just can't find it in myself to get rid of the SDS-XLR. I'm sure if Itell my wife how much it cost me, she will help me find the necessary push (or kick) to let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back