NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Sep 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #3,781 of 4,019
  Dude!!
I installed the ACID audio engine on a friend's Xperia Z and the SQ was better and cleaner (IMO) compared to my Walkman. Just imagine what it could do to the Walkman 
L3000.gif

How? Where? 

I have the Z and the Walkman Z.

EDIT:

Done it.

Oh! Nice first impression.

Sep 5, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #3,784 of 4,019

how about the mid and high , clarity, sound stage and separation is there any improvement?

For the Bass I tried an IRS based on the old Walkman Mega-Bass tech. Uncontrolled and liquidy bass and hits really deep.
For soundstage there is an option to increase it and does pretty well. Plus you have an option to push back the mid-image or bring it forward.

Tried a mid-improving IRS and when I switched back to the original Z sound it seemed to be less clear and I realized what I was missing and the app very much deserves the hype.

This mid-crystalizing IRS is fatigue-free. You can listen to it for quite extended sessions.

Also, if someone who knows how to record an IRS and has an F, could make one for us Z users to try out.

Sep 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #3,785 of 4,019
Hi everybody...can someone help me? 
I'm searching for install original US or JAP firmware in Z europe device but i need the build.prop file inside system folder.
If someone have a rooted US or JAP walkman with last firmware can post it here? with root explorer app is very simple :D
very thanks :D and sorry for my bad english :$

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #3,786 of 4,019
  Hi everybody...can someone help me? 
I'm searching for install original US or JAP firmware in Z europe device but i need the build.prop file inside system folder.
If someone have a rooted US or JAP walkman with last firmware can post it here? with root explorer app is very simple :D
very thanks :D and sorry for my bad english :$

I wish I could help you, but I need the build.prop as well lol.  The ICS update really degraded performance, and did not fix the bugs GB had.

PM me if you find it outside the thread :wink:

Sep 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #3,789 of 4,019
any1 tried XBA-30 + walkmanZ ?

L3000.gif

alrdy did my short review so im just gonna toss it here.

well, ive got to say xba30+z1060 is a Great combination. 
gotta love the sound im hearing.
hardrock on these is good but not as good as ckm500.
hardrock on this need to be amp. thats all..
ckm500>xba30 when it comes to hardrock (maby its just me)

Other than that, xba30 has been an amazing iem.
Great on alot of genre. u NAME it. pop,classic,rock,metal,vocals,alternative... and many more.
the strong attributes on the xba30 are the Soundstage and vocals. Totally on a different level.

Lows(bass) will stretch to the soundstage width and depth. (this can be a positive or negative... e.g. for me, hardrock lacks the "impact" of the bass/lows, positively, some rock song can be pretty good on these)
mids are very detail, same goes for the highs. detail and such SWEET clarity.
As a whole, the sound it produce is perfect(well, excellent.. no such thing as perfect) especially when paired with the walkman z.  

Sep 20, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #3,790 of 4,019
At first, thanks for the hint that there is finally a root out there. Couldn't believe that I finally gained root access after almost 1 1/2 years owning this device.

I directly tried the viper4audio app but it didn't really convince me. The bass sounded somewhat nice, but all in all there was no overall sound improvement, in fact it sounded shi.ttier, no regard which setting or IRS preset I used. So I jumped back to the stock engine /w Poweramp and directly noticed what I've been missing with j4a: depth / warmth / clarity.

Tried it on Sennheiser HD-25-SPII.

Any other recommendations for alternate sound drivers?

PS: Tried the Noozxoide too, had no effect on my Z1050 :/.

Sep 20, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #3,791 of 4,019
  At first, thanks for the hint that there is finally a root out there. Couldn't believe that I finally gained root access after almost 1 1/2 years owning this device.

I directly tried the viper4audio app but it didn't really convince me. The bass sounded somewhat nice, but all in all there was no overall sound improvement, in fact it sounded shi.ttier, no regard which setting or IRS preset I used. So I jumped back to the stock engine /w Poweramp and directly noticed what I've been missing with j4a: depth / warmth / clarity.

Tried it on Sennheiser HD-25-SPII.

Any other recommendations for alternate sound drivers?

PS: Tried the Noozxoide too, had no effect on my Z1050 :/.

Have you tried using V4A along with the Sony Sound Enhancements?

Sep 22, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #3,795 of 4,019
  The 3rd one (with VPF).

Thanks, it's working now

Viper4Android is good just for fun, big bass for sound effects

But I still preferred the stock sound without v4a since it's much pure and clear sounding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back