NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Aug 31, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #3,768 of 4,019
Quote:
HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!
I FINALLY ROOTED MY Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO HAPPY!!!! :D:D

Meh, not much to do now that the new toy syndrome has waned off 
size]

At least I can remove riptide now, really kills the 8GB model 

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #3,769 of 4,019
Quote:
Meh, not much to do now that the new toy syndrome has waned off 
size]

At least I can remove riptide now, really kills the 8GB model 

Dude!!
I installed the ACID audio engine on a friend's Xperia Z and the SQ was better and cleaner (IMO) compared to my Walkman. Just imagine what it could do to the Walkman 
L3000.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #3,772 of 4,019
I have sold mine. Z is a good player but it is so hard to find some very best phones for him. Even with S and E much more easier to make this process, but with Z not. While Z sounds better than S and E.

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #3,773 of 4,019
Quote:
I have sold mine. Z is a good player but it is so hard to find some very best phones for him. Even with S and E much more easier to make this process, but with Z not. While Z sounds better than S and E.

I thought the A900x were brought to life by the Z.  Anything that is aggressive in the treble region sucks with the Z imo, sssssssssssbilance

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #3,774 of 4,019
It's for both the Z and the F.
Just installed viper4android and maaaaan does the kick drum go deep....
Need to find a way to backup everything first and then will proceed with porting custom audio libraries.

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #3,775 of 4,019
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about purchasing Walkman Z1070 from Japan. After the latest ICS update, is the 64 GB Japanese version compatible with Media Go (US)? I heard the Z1070 had problems being recognized by Media Go and had problems transfering files to it, whether it was FLAC or mp3 (Before ICS update).

Is the problem still exist?

Thanks

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #3,776 of 4,019
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about purchasing Walkman Z1070 from Japan. After the latest ICS update, is the 64 GB Japanese version compatible with Media Go (US)? I heard the Z1070 had problems being recognized by Media Go and had problems transfering files to it, whether it was FLAC or mp3 (Before ICS update).

Is the problem still exist?

Thanks

Have been using a 64gb Z1070 and I haven't had a single issue with Media Go.
I'm pretty sure it still down converts FLAC to MP3, but I've just been drag n' dropping my FLAC onto it anyways.

Sep 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #3,777 of 4,019
Quote:
Have been using a 64gb Z1070 and I haven't had a single issue with Media Go.
I'm pretty sure it still down converts FLAC to MP3, but I've just been drag n' dropping my FLAC onto it anyways.

Anyone here rooted their Z???
C'mon... You're missing a lot by not doing so.

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #3,780 of 4,019

Do you loose the album artwork and ID Tag when you drag and drop your FLAC files?

[size=xx-small]I never upgraded to ICS, I use X-App for the Japanese and Media Go for the US Z so I don't recall how well Media Go works with the 1070, but the WM has the ability to add/change album art once the albums are on the WM. Just download a folder to the WM that contains the album art as jpg. My guess is that the ICS upgrade won't affect that ability. See the sister thread on HeadFi[/size]
http://www.head-fi.org/t/603440/sony-walkman-nw-z1070-japan-version-help-for-dummies-thread
 the newer the posts, the more accurate they are because we were learning as we went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back