NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Jun 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #3,616 of 4,019
I do not understand why you libite s sound? he has a good bass volumetric but he did not have enough volume!

Jun 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #3,617 of 4,019
I'm in Eastern Europe, but my Z is very loud and has a good power. iTouch/Nokia N8 not so loud for example. I've heard some information about European version and East European version.
Bass is super if we talk about this parameter:)

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #3,618 of 4,019
Quote:
I'm in Eastern Europe, but my Z is very loud and has a good power. iTouch/Nokia N8 not so loud for example. I've heard some information about European version and East European version.
Bass is super if we talk about this parameter:)

Volume for me was also ok. But if it's because of output impedance that my XBA-3 had no bass, then it means EU Z is useless with BA-based earphones (XBA-3's output impedance varies from 8 to more than 80 Ohms if my memory serves me)
I've got FiiO E11 even via jack-jack cable it's able to extract a litttle bit more from my XBA. Unfortunately E11 + NWZ-X via WMport-jack are worse because of strange behaviour and inbalance in sound.

It's just sad that Sony don't want to or can't make portable source with low output impedance to match THEIR OWN products.

Quote:
I dont like any of the XBA unless I'm in an analyzing mood (and seldom am I). Try the EX series which have a boom to the bass. Of all the XBA, I enjoy XBA-1 more than anything.

Well, in EQ I cut down 16 kHz to -1 and after it I got rid of annoing cymbals and a little bit metallic sounds from characteristics. It's more balanced which I like. At home I've got EX700 and they needed more sets in EQ to make them enjoyable and currently they're still losing to my XBA-3 :D

Quote:
You may want to get your hand on the Japan/US Z walkman.  I have both the X & Z (Jap version), and prefer the Z.  The Z bass is more robust than the X's.

If only I had chance to listen to non-EU version then it'll be nice. But in Poland it's hard to get something "extra" and it'll be even harder to get non-EU Z here.
I'm still looking for new Walkman. Sony, please don't dissapoint me.

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #3,619 of 4,019
I also look forward to more new, standalone, Walkman, but -like many here- I fear Sony is focusing on small things like the W and giving up on traditional Walkman altogether. It's a pity, as I don´t care much for smartphones and I don't like depleting my phone's battery by using it as a player. Please, Sony, keep them coming. R&D shouldn't be too costly, even if sales volumes aren't huge, because you can freeride on phone's developments and mix them up with sound technologies that Sony will develop anyway.
Rock on!

Jun 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #3,620 of 4,019
I'm looking to sell my WM-Z1070 (Japanese - 64gb model). Listed on Head-Fi here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/670449/ic-sony-walkman-nw-z1070-64gb-jap-model-or-ibasso-dx100-both-in-australia

PM if interested...

Jul 1, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #3,621 of 4,019
Jul 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #3,622 of 4,019
I like these messages to SONY in this forum :p

Touche! :)
You're so right. A bit of cathartic therapy, a bit of wishful thinking, I guess. But notice how easy it'd be to re-phrase it in a way that avoids your rightful (not to mention accurate charge): "Sony should keep producing them..."

Jul 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #3,623 of 4,019
hahaha. Dude, please tell me: why do you think the X is better than the Z? (forget the volume, I want to know about sound quality only).

Dude, "Z" sounds worse than "X" because it lacks volume. My amplifier fiio E17 could not fix it!

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #3,626 of 4,019
I would like to see this player sounded better, but unfortunately I am upset, s lacks volume.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #3,627 of 4,019
WE HEAR YOU!!!!!!

But it seems some of us disagree with you. I have about 30% hearing loss and it has adequate volume for me with everything I own except my HD600s but even they can be heard to a comfortable level. And with my Fiio E17, the Z is fine! If you are dissatisfied I suggest you do get your hearing tested! And stop complaining... Sell it!

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #3,628 of 4,019
why buy? "Z" the size of a sofa + more to buy an amplifier fiio which only makes sound (treble disappear), I tried to connect the digital output (buy a special cable for Sony Walkman from fiio) - all this useless waste of time and money.
Tell me guys, version F japan sounds like "Z" or better?

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #3,629 of 4,019
Quote:
why buy? "Z" the size of a sofa + more to buy an amplifier fiio which only makes sound (treble disappear), I tried to connect the digital output (buy a special cable for Sony Walkman from fiio) - all this useless waste of time and money.
Tell me guys, version F japan sounds like "Z" or better?

The F sounds worse. It cant even compete with the W series.
The Z also sucks. It doesn't even fit in my room!
Kvud, stop spending your hard-earned money on such pathetic products. Buy something else mate!

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #3,630 of 4,019
The F sounds worse. It cant even compete with the W series.

The Z also sucks. It doesn't even fit in my room!

Kvud, stop spending your hard-earned money on such pathetic products. Buy something else mate!

I do not know if you can not give sound advice then why do you even respond to my message?
What is the difference between the "Z" and "P" in the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back