NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Jun 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #3,601 of 4,019
I don't know what to do with sound of Z. From one side everything is ok and on a high level, but not on a top, from another side i'm not happy.
Z even better than Hifiman 601, but i hate 601, only this makes me smile.

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #3,602 of 4,019
For people who are in similar situation the only thing that can rescue us is synergy. Let's talk about phones for Z. I feel that Z can make some very good sound, we need to find some special coloration for shining beautiful sound.

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #3,603 of 4,019
Quote:
For people who are in similar situation the only thing that can rescue us is synergy. Let's talk about phones for Z. I feel that Z can make some very good sound, we need to find some special coloration for shining beautiful sound.

that's a pretty good idea, a list of headphones that pair well with the WM-Z (& WM-F?)... listed within price range etc.
normal_smile .gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #3,604 of 4,019
Etymotic ER6i, Sony EX700, Apple Earpods = no. They are super with iTouch5, Colorfly CK4, Sony NWZ S, even Nokia N8, but not Z.
This is my last 2 months IEMs, will change them later.

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #3,606 of 4,019
If we want to measure the quality of a player by its measurements, the Z isn't exactly top dog in this respect.  

I have a Fuze in my room (non-touch), and in my shop I have various models.  The only features I liked from the Sansa came specifically from the Rockbox software.  The tuner application works better than my $2 standalone unit, and the Winamp theme keeps me nostalgic lol.

I enjoy the zHD and Walkman Z, I would not pay more than $20 for a Sansa.

Try listening to your Sansas through the Headphone Out without any DAC/Amp.  I have, and frankly I'd do myself playing my music through a potato.

Quote:
Dunno why, but i hate sansa. Simple crap. Yes, the best from -50$, bur nothing more. Zunes were much better and iPods too.

Super! Did you try them with another sources? I guess that difference is minimal. Multidrivers are not so sensitive to sources like good dynamics and 1-drivers.

Thank you, at least I now know I am not alone...
I listen to my Sansa unamped, without an external dac, because quite frankly, the integrated combo is on par, or better than things much, much more expensive.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #3,607 of 4,019
I've just found some ugly feature about stock earphones in settings. I've turned it off and  serious ugly coloration went away. Now sound is more natural and my IEMs sounds much better. I'm happier, but still not happy:)

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #3,608 of 4,019
Quote:

Good idea! XBA-4 sound amazing, ATH-M50 sound great; the supplied headphones and Sennheiser cx-300 sound ok, too boomy for me

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #3,610 of 4,019
I think after the new Xperia Phone, there might be a new walkman coming out.

For those who dont find good sound with the Z, have you tried using Sony higher end IEM/Headphones?? Like the Z1000, EX1000 / 600 & XBA 4/3. (The first three listed are amazing with the Z and could be purchased at high discounts 'PREVIOUSLY')..

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #3,611 of 4,019
Quote:
I think after the new Xperia Phone, there might be a new walkman coming out.

For those who dont find good sound with the Z, have you tried using Sony higher end IEM/Headphones?? Like the Z1000, EX1000 / 600 & XBA 4/3. (The first three listed are amazing with the Z and could be purchased at high discounts 'PREVIOUSLY')..

I've tried (not for so long) EU Walkman Z with XBA-3 and... I was so disappointed. Completely lack of bass. ClearBass set on +10 and still no difference in bass (lack). Clarity of the rest spectrum was ok and quite pleasant. Volume was also ok for me.
Currently I've got my XBA-3 paired with NWZ-X1000 and for me it's far more better then EU Z (maybe beside clarity).

I think Sony in maybe next few months will show Xperia "Walkman" with S-Master Amp and unfortunately there won't be another standalone Walkman on Android.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #3,612 of 4,019
Quote:

I've tried (not for so long) EU Walkman Z with XBA-3 and... I was so disappointed. Completely lack of bass. ClearBass set on +10 and still no difference in bass (lack). Clarity of the rest spectrum was ok and quite pleasant. Volume was also ok for me.
Currently I've got my XBA-3 paired with NWZ-X1000 and for me it's far more better then EU Z (maybe beside clarity).

I think Sony in maybe next few months will show Xperia "Walkman" with S-Master Amp and unfortunately there won't be another standalone Walkman on Android.

You may want to get your hand on the Japan/US Z walkman.  I have both the X & Z (Jap version), and prefer the Z.  The Z bass is more robust than the X's.

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #3,613 of 4,019
I dont like any of the XBA unless I'm in an analyzing mood (and seldom am I). Try the EX series which have a boom to the bass. Of all the XBA, I enjoy XBA-1 more than anything.
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back