NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Jun 18, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #3,573 of 4,019
Quote:

obviously a Starbucks customer... you know the coo, made for iPad  
wink_face.gif

I've got a Gold Starbucks card two (if not more!) times over - what're you insinuating?
blink.gif

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #3,574 of 4,019
Quote:
Don't we have any moderators on these forums?

Quote:

+1 from me - this was a very enjoyable topic (I have a Z-series Walkman and love it) but now many of the posts are unpleasant in tone and barely comprehensible.

Will let it slide for now (I can see there is a huge element of language barrier going on here) - but, will ask those that are good at conversing in English to be a little patient, and polite with those that are trying to make a point - in another language that is not their own...

I cannot begin to imagine how posts would look if for example I went onto a Russian forum, only using google translate (having Russian friends, they do laugh when they see my feeble attempts at google translation - how inaccurate it can be!)

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #3,575 of 4,019
Exactly, trying to exchange views and discuss a topic through Google Translate or any other translation services is sadly pointless. Maybe those nonsensical postings should just be deleted as they only caused upsets and confusions?

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #3,576 of 4,019
Let's talk about all the Player's. And do not be just talking about the iPad have the best sound ... have repeated posting here, seems a TOC ....
<<<<< you need to ask why Sony Z has a sound ****! Which can not be Compared with even the cheapest iPad! >>>>>>>>>>>
Let's talk about ...
I found great things in the NWZ-Z1000 series, it would be good, nice talking.
I like music, player's love.

My language is German in origin.
But it is not an obstacle.
If we talk about what we like. MUSIC, PLAYER, OK?

OttoSaraLe

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #3,579 of 4,019
Quote:
Let's talk about all the Player's. And do not be just talking about the iPad have the best sound ... have repeated posting here, seems a TOC ....
<<<<< you need to ask why Sony Z has a sound ****! Which can not be Compared with even the cheapest iPad! >>>>>>>>>>>
Let's talk about ...

OttoSaraLe

So you only live in Brazil (speak Portuguese tongue)  but was born in Germany?  you are more multilingual than me as I only know English & Cockney! 

I found many great things in the Z including the sound quality and I am talking before it started having those major updates to firmware as I did not own the Z when it the updates came out so cannot comment there after as I know there was some who preferred the change the Firmware updates brought but there was many who did not appreciate the change in sound.  

Far as I am aware if I have not got this wrong Sony once updated to new firmware could not go back to previous version?  which if is the case then Sony should of somehow made it possible to go back to the previous version somehow just for SQ change and not the many bug fixes or menu related tweaks that these updates bring.   

Anyway, despite it been a terrific sounding Walkman a deal breaker for me was not having hardback playback buttons at all which is what I need on my daps.  If maybe somehow you can rustle up one of those D.I.Y how to make some hard playback buttons for the Z then I will be all over this like a rash again.  

Hope the translator makes sense of this at your end.
size]

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #3,580 of 4,019
Quote:
Let's talk about ...

OttoSaraLe

I bought my zHD 32GB for $75, and two days later got a Sansa Fuze V2, and shortly afterwards bought the 8GB Z for $120.  Honestly, if I liked a darker signature the zHD would be the better device for me.  Its smaller, prettier, and is more music oriented.  The battery life is great, and is arguably better in terms of sound quality.

The Z feels like any typical, sloppy, ANDROID!  Love the added brightness and the added flavor the enhancer provides.  The bass seems to be over emphasized in bits of the track, sometimes the bass suddenly loses in prominence in ICS (which is weird, idk).  

The Z pairs better with my headphone and preference... and has uTorrent 
size]
.  I wish they would take fix the bugs in the UI and enhancer service.

If you have a Sen or a Beyer you might find the Zune HD to be superior.  If you like the Sansa line goto hell 
size]
, horrible sound quality.  Well not horrible, though clearly inferior to the zHD and Z.  Was led to believe that the Zune HD < Sansa, which after getting a Fuze only made me doubt the Zune more (idk why).

Happy that I have a player that works well with my AD900x

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #3,581 of 4,019
I'm with you guys!
Z1060 for a couple of hours with me. I can't say that i'm very happy with it, but it is a good sounding player. Need more time to make a good opinion.
1 firmware was something very bad, i was really dissapointed with it and with sound on it. It was something like little bit better than Sony S, but with 2 firmware i've got very interesting sound, like -+Sony S with some amp. I like that Z makes a good space, soundstage, instrument separation. Coloration is interesting, so i want to spend more time with this sound to make my opinion about it. I like stock earphones, they are like old Sony ex300 which are pretty good especially when they are free, lol. Size, screen, ui all this parameters are very good to call Sony Z a great pmp for every pocket.
Now my phones are Sony EX700 and Etymotic ER6i, but i want something another to see all skills of this interesting pmp.
Also i want to write short review Z vs Touch5.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #3,582 of 4,019
Great !! My Z-1060 32GB - Version JAPAN-ASIA... with Original FirmWare give me 22 Hrs MP3 128kbps (All Adjust Disable of Sound, and Bluetooth OFF, [size=small]Display, No stop [/size] with Earphone [size=11.0pt]Sony MDR-EX0300/BLK Vertical In-the-Ear Style EX Style Headphones (Black).[/size]

[size=11.0pt]_________Very Great Surprise...[/size]

BATTERY, battery life has changed a lot.

TEST CONDITIONS: MP3 Files with max 128kbps, I used the Music Player from SONYnonstop, Display OFF, I turn ON Display only at 10 to 20 times to see the battery consumption, about 1 minute each time, all resources Sound OFF. All the defalt setting of the Sound-Music.

WITH ANDROID 2.3.2 - Firmware 1.00 => MP3 PLAYER 22h45m Non-Stop. 97% to 2% Battery ... I did it 02 times.

WITH ANDROID 4.0.4 - 2.01 Firmware => MP3 PLAYER 33h10m Non-Stop. from 96% to 6% .... 33h50m (34 hours) 2% battery.

Great !!!  MANUAL, says 20 hours of MP3 ... with 1:00 FIRMWARE got 22h45m .... and only, only updated the FIRMWARE and...
3 times CHARGE AND DISCHARGE BATTERY.
1st Test  => 2% Battery => 32h45
2nd Test => 2% Battery => 34h05
3rd Test => 2% Battery => 33h50 (34 hours of 128kbps MP3 Music Player.

I will test RADIO [size=small]FM Radio.[/size]
[size=small]The Sound with Update FirWare of the 1.00 for 2.01 is more CLEAR...[/size]

[size=small]OttoSaraLe[/size]

Jun 21, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #3,583 of 4,019
to get the best out of the Walkman (WM-Z & WM-F) and see it true abilities as one of the finest 'Red-Book' players around, you really need to go 'lossless' by using Flac, Atrac or WAV files only then will you see it's true potential.

the better the file-type & headphones the more you will rewarded.

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #3,584 of 4,019
Quote:
I'm with you guys!
Z1060 for a couple of hours with me. I can't say that i'm very happy with it, but it is a good sounding player. Need more time to make a good opinion.
1 firmware was something very bad, i was really dissapointed with it and with sound on it. It was something like little bit better than Sony S, but with 2 firmware i've got very interesting sound, like -+Sony S with some amp. I like that Z makes a good space, soundstage, instrument separation. Coloration is interesting, so i want to spend more time with this sound to make my opinion about it. I like stock earphones, they are like old Sony ex300 which are pretty good especially when they are free, lol. Size, screen, ui all this parameters are very good to call Sony Z a great pmp for every pocket.
Now my phones are Sony EX700 and Etymotic ER6i, but i want something another to see all skills of this interesting pmp.
Also i want to write short review Z vs Touch5.

I have Z1060 and EX700 and don't really like their synergy.
Actually, I never like EX700. For me, EX700 are too dry and sterile even though I really like the openness of these small IEM.
Since EX700 came out around the time of Sony X1050 DAP, my guess is that EX700 are meant to pair with X1050.
I personally never hear X1050 so can't really comment on that.

On the other hand, I love Z1060 when pairing with TF10 or X7i.

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #3,585 of 4,019
Quote:
I have Z1060 and EX700 and don't really like their synergy.
Actually, I never like EX700. For me, EX700 are too dry and sterile even though I really like the openness of these small IEM.
Since EX700 came out around the time of Sony X1050 DAP, my guess is that EX700 are meant to pair with X1050.
I personally never hear X1050 so can't really comment on that.

On the other hand, I love Z1060 when pairing with TF10 or X7i.

I believe the Z walkman works best with flatter frequency response IEMs.  I often find the bass on the Z to be a tad much for my taste but I'm less of basshead than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back