NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Jun 17, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #3,557 of 4,019
Friends ... excuse me ignorance ...

1st Question => My Sony Walkman NWZ-Z1060-32GB, claims to have 500MB of RAM, OK
Because ANDROID shows only an average of 345MB, 168MB where this the other??

2nd Question =>  After I do the Up-Date for my Z, 1.00 firmware to 2.01, where tbe swapped ANDROID 2.3 to 4.0 ICS, I realized clearly that the TOTAL VOLUME OF SOUND, have one DECREASED  about 20%., in Qty Volume and Quality !
And, in my (humble opinion) the NWZ-Z1000 with ANDROID 4.0 worsened sound quality ..!!
Does SONY, when upgrading or decrease is the QUALITY OF YOUR PRODUCT??

3nd Question => Is normal, I have noticed a small FALL performance in the General Android 4.0 on my NWZ-Z1060 (Japan) after the Update of Android 2.3 to Android 4.0??

After all, and I (we consumers) gain in updating the firmware of our NWZ of 1.00 (defalt-Original) for version 2.01??

_______O I won??

Tell me what you guys think ...

OttoSaraLe
Brasil
NWZ-A865
NWZ-1060
IPOD TOUCH 5G

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #3,558 of 4,019
Quote:
Friends ... excuse me ignorance ...

1st Question => My Sony Walkman NWZ-Z1060-32GB, claims to have 500MB of RAM, OK
Because ANDROID shows only an average of 345MB, 168MB where this the other??

2nd Question =>  After I do the Up-Date for my Z, 1.00 firmware to 2.01, where tbe swapped ANDROID 2.3 to 4.0 ICS, I realized clearly that the TOTAL VOLUME OF SOUND, have one DECREASED  about 20%., in Qty Volume and Quality !
And, in my (humble opinion) the NWZ-Z1000 with ANDROID 4.0 worsened sound quality ..!!
Does SONY, when upgrading or decrease is the QUALITY OF YOUR PRODUCT??

3nd Question => Is normal, I have noticed a small FALL performance in the General Android 4.0 on my NWZ-Z1060 (Japan) after the Update of Android 2.3 to Android 4.0??

After all, and I (we consumers) gain in updating the firmware of our NWZ of 1.00 (defalt-Original) for version 2.01??

_______O I won??

Tell me what you guys think ...

OttoSaraLe
Brasil
NWZ-A865
NWZ-1060
IPOD TOUCH 5G

1 - My cousin was wondering the same exact thing.  I assume the 168MB would go into running the OS and Services, Android 4.0 takes more RAM.

2 - I have not heard a decrease in volume.  I use low impendance headphones, so I never adjust the volume to max.  Maybe I did not notice this?

3 - Yes there is decrease in performance, and they still have not fixed their software yet!  The notifications still seem to have issues, and the battery life is erratic.

Sony always does this with their products.  For some reason they roll an update, and decide to introduce new bugs and or blatantly disregard already present ones.  Their C902 update made me lose over 30% cellular signal and reduced battery life.  They could have at least noted that your phone would be crippled after the update, lol.

Jun 17, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #3,560 of 4,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Forgot to mention, thieves are afraid of my manliness.  

you must be a Hammers fan...
beerchug.gif

Jun 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #3,561 of 4,019
[size=14.0pt]Sorry friends [/size]
[size=14.0pt]But I want to share, share with you what I'm going ([/size][size=14.0pt]who like the NWZ-Z100 series) [/size][size=14.0pt]to just BUY a tiny Built-In Speaker[/size]

[size=16.0pt]My request for a replacement SONY:[/size]

Dear Suport team SONY.....The problem in my NWZ-Z1000 series (NO SOUND in Built-Speaker) was (Flat-Cable)  Speaker who "broke". I did a I solved partially, made ​​a "bridge, amendment with solder"
- Provisional Temporary - transitore - connection and is working 100%.  BUT, I WANT ONE NEW BUILT-SPEAKER Piece.

I consider the MINIMUM of customer attention, my person, me, who paid $ 700 in Brazil ($ 300 in USA) is a simple, small PART-UNIT, the one "NEW SPEAKER PART - UNIT. of my SONY WALKMAN NWZ-Z100 series.
I want to pay, buy. I want pay Shipping. Just need to know where to buy.
I persevere, I insist !!! in BRAZIL can not BUY this Part-Unit.
Please, I want help from SONY TEAM SUPORT

What I want, really, is to buy a NEW SPEAKER, I have his picture.  (((is Attached in this mail))
In Brazil, I can not. I need to know some website ... e-bay etc ... where I can BUY ORIGINAL Speaker Out NWZ-Z1000.

[size=16.0pt]Sony's answer =>[/size]
[size=14.0pt]Dear Mr. Moreira,
Thank you for your e-mail via Info-CS.
With regards to your concern, please understand that component of product of Sony Hong Kong are not for sale individually, this is due to concerns over the fitment of the component on the product, and the possible effect.
If a hardware issue is suspected on a Sony product, it would be suggested for the local Sony branch to be contact for further assistance toward a possible repair of the product in question.[/size]

[size=16.0pt]I answer for SONY ==> [/size]

Dear Wai Ching

Friend ... you are an intelligent person, OK
I'm talking to an experienced technician here in Brazil, only the Flat-Cable and the sound came usually working great, including notice of changes xLOUD and CLEAR PHASE when connected to the system.
Friend, I, I just want a piece, just buy a tiny spare part.
I have this right?
Because only the SONY does it?
I'll put the story on you-tube and Groups Reviews ...

Then wonder why buy products on e-bay .... Simple, they sell, not just a car, complete car, but also sell spare parts.

OttoSaraLe
Brasil

Jun 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #3,562 of 4,019
[COLOR=000080][SIZE=14pt]Sorry friends [/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080][SIZE=14pt]But I want to share, share with you what I'm going ([/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=000080][SIZE=14pt]who like the NWZ-Z100 series) [/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080][SIZE=14pt]to just BUY a tiny Built-In Speaker[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000][SIZE=16pt]My request for a replacement SONY:[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Dear Suport team SONY.....The problem in my NWZ-Z1000 series (NO SOUND in Built-Speaker) was (Flat-Cable)  Speaker who "broke". I did a I solved partially, made ​​a "bridge, amendment with solder"

- Provisional Temporary - transitore - connection and is working 100%.  BUT, I WANT ONE NEW BUILT-SPEAKER Piece.

I consider the MINIMUM of customer attention, my person, me, who paid $ 700 in Brazil ($ 300 in USA) is a simple, small PART-UNIT, the one "NEW SPEAKER PART - UNIT. of my SONY WALKMAN NWZ-Z100 series.

I want to pay, buy. I want pay Shipping. Just need to know where to buy.

I persevere, I insist !!! in BRAZIL can not BUY this Part-Unit.

Please, I want help from SONY TEAM SUPORT

What I want, really, is to buy a NEW SPEAKER, I have his picture.  (((is Attached in this mail))

In Brazil, I can not. I need to know some website ... e-bay etc ... where I can BUY ORIGINAL Speaker Out NWZ-Z1000.

[COLOR=FF0000][SIZE=16pt]Sony's answer =>[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE=14pt]Dear Mr. Moreira,

Thank you for your e-mail via Info-CS.

With regards to your concern, please understand that component of product of Sony Hong Kong are not for sale individually, this is due to concerns over the fitment of the component on the product, and the possible effect.

If a hardware issue is suspected on a Sony product, it would be suggested for the local Sony branch to be contact for further assistance toward a possible repair of the product in question.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=FF0000][SIZE=16pt]I answer for SONY ==> [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Dear Wai Ching

Friend ... you are an intelligent person, OK

I'm talking to an experienced technician here in Brazil, only the Flat-Cable and the sound came usually working great, including notice of changes xLOUD and CLEAR PHASE when connected to the system.

Friend, I, I just want a piece, just buy a tiny spare part.

I have this right?

Because only the SONY does it?

I'll put the story on you-tube and Groups Reviews ...

Then wonder why buy products on e-bay .... Simple, they sell, not just a car, complete car, but also sell spare parts.

OttoSaraLe
Brasil

you need to ask why Sony Z has a **** sound! which can not be compared even with the cheapest iPads!

Jun 17, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #3,563 of 4,019
Quote:
Guys, I need to know this. Does anybody knows if the A828/A829 sounds as good as the X? From memory I can't tell. I just know that I liked the X a bit more. I could get one now and A/B them, but I'm trying not to.

Just to second Purk's answer to your Q, I went from the A829 to the X series and have to say in terms of more resolution in detail the X was a step up from the word go, but they had quite different signatures which is then a personal preference to which floats ones boat more than the other.  I still liked the Signature of the A829 but when you are missing detail or it's lacking in other areas in comparison i.e. soundstage might of been another maybe it mad it hard to justify keeping it at the time especially with only 16gb on board.   The A829 was a lovely player ergonomically and build wise (as usual).
Quote:
Hello friends. 
Sorry for my English translated by Google. 

My language is Portuguese (Brazil). 
I wrote here these days that I was NOT BUILT-IN AUDIO in Speacker my NWZ-Z1060. 
I want to thank everyone, I managed to solve "the problem in part" ... after I saw a few PHOTOS disassembly of the NWZ-1060 (34 photos in total, 5.24 MB, which shows the opening - a disassembly NWZ-Z1000). 

PS: I have 34 photos (5.24 MB) are not pictures of my NWZ I got them on the Internet.

Will I need HELP from you all, the problem in (NO SOUND in Speaker) my NWZ was (Flat-Cable) Speaker who "broke". I did a "amendment - provisional connection and is working 100%. 

What I want, really, is to buy a NEW SPEAKER, I have his picture. 
In Brazil, I can not. I need to know some website ... e-bay etc ... where I can BUY ORIGINAL Speaker Out NWZ-Z1000. 

Thank you 

Had the courage and opened my. Personal, Player's easier to open I've ever had, or have already followed in several Disassembly Internet, much, much easier than the APPLE ... I can assure you: Swap the pieces NWZ-Z1000 series is VERY EASY ... and for those who fear one day
having to change the BATTERY Battery the NWZ-Z1000 series, rest assured, take 02 screws, open the BACK COVER, which opens super ((I repeat - SUPER EASY)) and BATTERY is exposed with a 3-pin connector, no soldering. 
BATTERY NWZ-Z1060, is: 
Battery Type: Built-In (Li-Ion) - 3.7V. ~ 1.280mAh - 4.8 Wh - 
1-853-139-11 

LIS1484MHPPC (SY6) 
4.8 Wh - 

If anyone is interested, send me an email - ottomoreira@terra.com.br - I'll be happy to send the 34 pictures in PRIVATE. 

Otto Moreira
Sao Paulo - Brazil - South America
ottomoreira@terra.com.br

No worries on the English albeit a bit hit and miss on the translator have to just take my hat off to you for taking the time and effort to enlighten us with such information 
Just wish I had a Z still to make the most of this info!  

Wish I knew the answers to your other questions also but unfortunately cannot shed any light for you.
Quote:
you need to ask why Sony Z has a **** sound! which can not be compared even with the cheapest iPads!

Your posts have been interesting to say the least as it is not often people come on here with random outbursts of Tourette's.  

I am an advocator of free speech and opinion but am perplexed as to why you feel you just have to come on to what is in essence an appreciation thread now for the Z and just keep saying negative random expletives about the subject matter in the Walkman Z without any constructive criticism and keep banging on about other models or brands that sound better why don't you just spend your time instead over on those appreciation threads and be positive about something you like  instead of been a negative Z hater. Seriously you are just clogging up the thread with information that is not useful for people who are interested in the Z.

I don't usually do these sort of post's but when there is someone with the approach of a 10 year old who talks before thinking it is a case of;  if you have nothing to say or at least if it is a criticism or a gripe of a product on a appreciation thread unless it is constructive maybe be best to jog on by...... 

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #3,566 of 4,019
Quote:

I could see you preferring the A865 over your Z, but since you said that your iPads do sound much better than the Z then...I have no choice but to think that your Z is defective here.  Have you compared your Z with other's Z walkman?

Jun 17, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #3,567 of 4,019
Ok .. see here Small and spoiled children who like eEXPENSIVE TOYS.
What is the oldest ?
What is the BIGGEST AGE ?
All the best to you guys, boys.

Still be GREAT MEN !!!

The TIME is the best to all of your.

OttoSaraLe

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #3,570 of 4,019
Quote:
Ok .. see here Small and spoiled children who like eEXPENSIVE TOYS.
What is the oldest ?
What is the BIGGEST AGE ?
All the best to you guys, boys.

Still be GREAT MEN !!!

The TIME is the best to all of your.

OttoSaraLe

grumpy old fart here who can afford a modestly priced great sounding DAP... shove that in your translator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back