NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Jan 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #3,016 of 4,019
Quote:
Good to know you got it working 
wink.gif
Personally I recommend a factory reset for a clean install after the  update but some people seems to be happy with just clearing apps data.

If it fixes the bugs I dont see a reason to do a factory reset. If you have one, please enlighten me. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #3,018 of 4,019
Quote:
Hi all
Can somebody who owns Heiraudio 4.Ai iems tell me do they need amp  with z or does the z play them good enough without amp
I myself have the european version of Z.

I own the US version of the Z with the Heir 4.A, and it runs them well with no problems!

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #3,019 of 4,019
Quote:
Hi all
Can somebody who owns Heiraudio 4.Ai iems tell me do they need amp  with z or does the z play them good enough without amp
I myself have the european version of Z.

AFAIK, the european version has the volume cap, so you'll need one. Plus, if you have the two, why don't you see for yourself?

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #3,020 of 4,019
Quote:
If it fixes the bugs I dont see a reason to do a factory reset. If you have one, please enlighten me. 
rolleyes.gif

Well, the Walkman player wasn't the only app that was sluggish on my Z. I also noticed the battery was draining quite quickly when asleep. I know from my experience with PC that it is always safer to start with a clean slate as it avoid possible problems down the road. Battery life on my Z definitely improved after the reset. 
Of course if you have no issue with yours, no need for a reset. I just believe it is good practice to do so. 
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #3,021 of 4,019
finally got my Z and upgrade to ICS. AND WOW!

smooth interface like any other phones on the market. (i did the reboot method. thx zen and the other ones who mention this tip)
GREAT SQ and EQ. (maby ill make a mini-review bout the sound later on)

battery life isnt that good imo :frowning2:
also no charger for the Z (requires long hour for 100%)

for ppl whose wondering formats that this player support
1) yes it supports flac. no lag when changing songs works flawlessly. unfortunately, i only use mp3 and flac for my music. so idk much about other formats. (NO need to install apps to play flac)
2) mkv, mp4, avi and all other vids format WILL be supported ( i HIGHLY recommend MX PLAYER ) do install this app no matter what! ^^

need mx player to play mkv unfortunately. but mx really does well and its free!

currently pairing the Z with my ckm500.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #3,022 of 4,019
I havent heard much talk of the Z walkman with the EX1000 IEMS. I definitely like it. Will have the PHA-1 soon, can wait to test it out. If it doesn't work out, well I can use it with my desktop & replace my Audioengine D1.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #3,026 of 4,019
55gb is the max storage of the z1070, the extra 10gb is used by the system, and the max memory size is not really 64gb (like those internal HDDs, SSDs, etc.. its not exact.)

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #3,028 of 4,019
anybody thinking of using this to charge????

http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-Dual-Port-Travel-Charger/dp/B0073FE1F0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358761609&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+power+adapter
(read the product description for those who wanted to buy - saying sumthing like needed to use the 2nd port)

im really need sumthing to charge as my laptop charges my walkman Z too SLOW (need around 3.5-4 hours)
and im using(enjoying ^^) my Z for loooooooong hours. thus the battery drains fast.

EDIT:
theres black too if you guys are interested....
http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-Dual-Port-Travel-Charger/dp/B0073FCPSK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1358761609&sr=8-5&keywords=usb+power+adapter

i hope sum1 could give a review after using this with the Z...

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #3,030 of 4,019
I've been looking for a digital source and transport, I reckoned that a Dap with good quality Dac performance and line out could fulfill the criteria.
This Sony Walkman Z caught my attention.
I don't have the stubbornness to read up all this thread so I'll just make my questions here, hope someone can help me out...

Anyone compared the Line out of the Walkman Z to other Daps, like Hifiman HM-601, or IRivers, for example?
What is the consensus about the quality of the line out in this dap?
Can it compete with standalone 100 - 300$ Dacs?
What is the Dac chip used in this device?
And what is the power output (V) of the line out?
Does anyone know how to bypass the EU volume limit?
If there's any link for a source of substancial technical information of the Walkman Z I would apprecciate.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back