NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Dec 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #2,900 of 4,019
The stock player after upgrade is useless at playing facs, sluggish and  just crashing too often. I just gave up and return to using 320VBR MP3. The ICS update is overall quite nice, especially the better browser.

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #2,902 of 4,019
Hey i just got this player for $100cdn brand new from future shop! Good deal? Its the red one which i prefer black cause its not so feminine but im willing to settle for red at this price. My only worry is that i wont be able to update it cause i have a mac and from looking at the links it looks like its no doable on mac?

This would be a shame if i have to return this cause of the unit freezing up or lagging.

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #2,904 of 4,019
lol you funny bro.

if you buy a 16gb device, the storage isnt exactly 16gb because of the stuff pre-installed inside your device..

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #2,905 of 4,019
Quote:
lol you funny bro.

if you buy a 16gb device, the storage isnt exactly 16gb because of the stuff pre-installed inside your device..

I used to have the X1000 and it was on that one.

No big deal but 25% cut off is a bit insulting.  But for $100 I can live with it.  $100 for this, brand new is a steal.

Anyways I got the music on and trying to figure out where the EQ settings are.  How do you access the EQ and sound adjustments?

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #2,907 of 4,019
Quote:
Wow I got ripped off, only 12.05GB on mine.  What

Quote:
lol you funny bro.

Quote:
I used to have the X1000 and it was on that one.

No big deal but 25% cut off is a bit insulting.  But for $100 I can live with it.  $100 for this, brand new is a steal.

Anyways I got the music on and trying to figure out where the EQ settings are.  How do you access the EQ and sound adjustments?

As with all devices, the way companies advertise storage size and the way computers calculate it (in binary and bytes) are different.
You lose around 7% of what you think you're getting, then the OS/IOS sucks up another great chunk of what's left.  (1 TB hard drive gives you 930 GB of space)

$100 for your 16 GB is pretty nice deal.
To reach sound settings with stock player: Tap the bottom right icon --> Settings  -->  Sound enhancements

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #2,908 of 4,019
Quote:

As with all devices, the way companies advertise storage size and the way computers calculate it (in binary and bytes) are different.
You lose around 7% of what you think you're getting, then the OS/IOS sucks up another great chunk of what's left.  (1 TB hard drive gives you 930 GB of space)

$100 for your 16 GB is pretty nice deal.
To reach sound settings with stock player: Tap the bottom right icon --> Settings  -->  Sound enhancements

I played around with the EQ and found some nice settings.  The only thing is the clear enchancer or whatever its called and the one where it boosts the stereo sound in the menu wont save when I turn them on!  Ive tried everything!  Why wont they save?

Also i dont think ill be able to update to ICS4 because I have a mac.

And I listened to it for a good 2 hours tonight and honestly, maybe its just me, though it sounds great, Im not noticing a huge sound improvement over my iphone 4 with bass boost.

And what kind of battery life is everyone getting on theirs?  The X1000 had amazing battery life (got something like 20+ hours), now Im not expecting anything near that because of this massive 4.3" screen but I just hope its decent.

I still cant believe I scored this brand new for $100cdn!  I was about to buy it last Sept and it was $250!

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #2,909 of 4,019
Someone in the thread linked an official announcement in Japanese claiming the ICS update increased battery life by ~50% among other details.  I can't find it now though.  All I can remember was that it claimed a running time of 30+ hours or so (when using all the gimmicks that jack up battery life including playing low rez mp3 files, no sound enhancements, screen off, etc).  I did noticed a considerable improvement in battery life, but haven't timed it myself.  Battery life is decent as long as you minimize screen usage and turn on airplane mode.

You can't update from a MAC? what a bummer.  Time to hit up a friend's place!  ICS is worth the hassle.

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #2,910 of 4,019
Quote:
The stock player after upgrade is useless at playing facs, sluggish and  just crashing too often. I just gave up and return to using 320VBR MP3. The ICS update is overall quite nice, especially the better browser.

Why dont you use Google Music?
It plays them without any delays and Sony's sound enhancements are also incorporated into it. I dont feel any difference in SQ of the two apps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back