NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Dec 7, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #2,792 of 4,019
Quote:
hi any notice an improvement in sound quality? it sounded like it did to me, bass quality has improved and the highs are more extended. using playerpro btw

I also feel something is different, maybe placebo, or I am ...
confused.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #2,793 of 4,019
Quote:
hi any notice an improvement in sound quality? it sounded like it did to me, bass quality has improved and the highs are more extended. using playerpro btw

Quote:

I also feel something is different, maybe placebo, or I am ...
confused.gif

I also experienced it, something is different in its sq, for me the highs becomes much brighter/extended and it's bass have more quality but less quantity
confused_face_2.gif

I've also done factory reset

Now I'm having listening fatigue using tf10 with white angel cables and walkman z combo which I've never experienced before the ics update
triportsad.gif

By the way my Z is Japanese version

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #2,796 of 4,019
now you can turn on clear phase under sound in settings, but u have to select the option of supplied headphones to turn on clearphase, u dun actually need to use their supplied headphones. there's 3 options for headphone to select, each selection change the sound abit, and i realised the change in sound was due to clear phase being enabled

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #2,798 of 4,019
Quote:

I also experienced it, something is different in its sq, for me the highs becomes much brighter/extended and it's bass have more quality but less quantity
confused_face_2.gif

I've also done factory reset

Now I'm having listening fatigue using tf10 with white angel cables and walkman z combo which I've never experienced before the ics update
triportsad.gif

By the way my Z is Japanese version

@walkman_heart i agree with u my experiences with the update is the same, bass is clearer but lesser in quantity and highs are sharper, can be fatiguing at times so i eq the bass up abit to make it less fatiguing 

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #2,799 of 4,019
I'm not sure whether there might be an improvement in sound quality or not.  If so it isn't drastic.  I did however notice that the midbass is less (making the bass cleaner), which is great in my book and very very slightly more extended highend.  Not sure if it is placebo or not but the F still best the Z in clarity and soundstage.  I also actually notice that the sound is slightly more laidback.  Again, the original sound's signatures are still all there but Sony might have improved it very slightly.  Still +1 for Sony!

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #2,801 of 4,019
Sony USA online store did a 50% price reduction(@$164.49) for CyberMonday sale.  They are completely out of 32GB players at the online store, not sure they will be restocking them.  I was able to track down last remaining one at the local store for the sale price.  Looking forward to update ICS FW right after opening the box this weekend.

Very stoked!

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #2,804 of 4,019
Quote:
I found the ICS to be light years better than the gingerbread.
Before the update, Z operation is sluggish and unresponsive. Dual core Z perform worse than my single core ICS xperia ray android phone.
It almost made me feel embarrassed to use Z in the public. "Who is that poor sucker with that bulky and outdated thing!!"

After the update, everything is smooth and responsive. Almost no lagging in the music library and  W menu pops up much faster too. The default video player can finally play .avi file.
The biggest surprise is probably the OTG playlist that Sony has finally incorporated for the players without sonic stage.

There are still some small issues like search function needed to be improved but overall I am very happy with this update. 
beerchug.gif

I could not live your life.

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #2,805 of 4,019
Just updated my Z Thanks a Million!

Does anyone know where I can pick up a BRAND NEW SEALED 64 gb Walkman Z (any color, but pref black) Japanese model for 400-450 (I cannot justify any more than that) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back