NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Sep 15, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #2,327 of 4,019
Quote:

Im in Canada, so i wonder if we have the canadian version or USA.

Tempted to go buy it today and try it out.  I loved my X1000 but I sold it a year ago and regret it.

I have no clue but I know that the US and Japan sound pretty much identical.  If I'm in your position, I will just import the US version just to be sure.  Also, what's return & exchange policy in Canada?  If it doesn't work out, just return it.  

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #2,328 of 4,019
Quote:

Im in Canada, so i wonder if we have the canadian version or USA.

Tempted to go buy it today and try it out.  I loved my X1000 but I sold it a year ago and regret it.

I had the Canadian Z1060, there is no difference in sound to the Z1070 hth.
Quote:
Man, the synergy the new Heir Audio 3.Ai has with the Z series is amazing. It sounds great, bass is nice and thumpy even at max with no deterioration!

cheers for that you tease (you're just as bad as Way)... got both the 3.Ai & 4.Ai on order... soon can't come soon enough.

any chance of a mini-review (types of music used etc)?... I like teases
wink_face.gif

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #2,329 of 4,019
hello

if i use the player pro or power amp to play my music, will it sound differently versus the native player of the z series?  this is with no tweaks on the eq or some other stuff, just the plain basic settings.

i would like to be able to play flac files using those apps, but if it'll be inferior, then that just ain't cool man.

any shared knowledge on this would be much appreciated.  gracias fellas.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #2,330 of 4,019
Quote:
you're just as bad as Way

Hahahahahaha!!!!  Sweet!  I totally will be rocking the 3Ai and 8.A soon... but right now, funds are tied up in building my Racing Sim Rig....

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #2,331 of 4,019
Quote:

I have no clue but I know that the US and Japan sound pretty much identical.  If I'm in your position, I will just import the US version just to be sure.  Also, what's return & exchange policy in Canada?  If it doesn't work out, just return it.  

I went to Best Buy to check it out and holy wow the thing is bigger than i was expecting, its huge.  But a good huge.  But definitely not the tiny compact player the X1000 was.

I was tempted to buy and try it out but thought id think about it for the night first.  It was $250cdn.  Seems bit steep.

But the screen was amazing wow. 

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #2,332 of 4,019
Well, the screen is large that is for sure, but it allows viewing video, surf web, and read PDF & book do-able.  

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #2,335 of 4,019
The US and Japan versions are completely different. They look the same, yes but one of them is volume capped. As far as I know, the US version of the Z is volume capped whereas the Japanese version is not.

That's your main difference. If you would be trying to power your big over ear cans with the capped version, you will not get enough volume out of them. If you're using any in ear phones, you should be fine.

Worst case scenario, you can always load up an aftermarket player such as PowerAmp and use the boost feature on it to compensate. There will be some distortion towards the maximum volume level but that's as much as you can get out of it.

I've got the Japanese version myself and I love it. It's not volume capped and I have purchased it off e-bay. There are a few resellers from Japan who deal with electronics.

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #2,336 of 4,019
This is a completely different product.

Read the previous pages. They describe all the possible features of the Z series Walkman (1050, 1060 and 1070 if I'm not mistaken)

If you want superb audio quality, get yourself a decent pair of headphones and one of the Zs - NOT the one you pointed out.

Although it will have great sound quality like any of the previous Walkmans, it depends on what you're looking for.

Once again, read the previous pages and do your own research on the products that you are interested in.

Google's your friend

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2,337 of 4,019
Quote:
would this player compare?  its a sony Z series too, $129

Read the previous pages. They describe all the possible features of the Z series Walkman (1050, 1060 and 1070 if I'm not mistaken)

If you want superb audio quality, get yourself a decent pair of headphones and one of the Zs - NOT the one you pointed out.

Although it will have great sound quality like any of the previous Walkmans, it depends on what you're looking for.

Once again, read the previous pages and do your own research on the products that you are interested in.

Google's your friend

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #2,338 of 4,019
Quote:

Google's your friend

I already have a great pair of earbuds - theyre Utimate Ears, forgot the sub model but had them for 2 years almost.

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #2,339 of 4,019
Quote:
The US and Japan versions are completely different. They look the same, yes but one of them is volume capped. As far as I know, the US version of the Z is volume capped whereas the Japanese version is not.

That's your main difference. If you would be trying to power your big over ear cans with the capped version, you will not get enough volume out of them. If you're using any in ear phones, you should be fine.

Worst case scenario, you can always load up an aftermarket player such as PowerAmp and use the boost feature on it to compensate. There will be some distortion towards the maximum volume level but that's as much as you can get out of it.

I've got the Japanese version myself and I love it. It's not volume capped and I have purchased it off e-bay. There are a few resellers from Japan who deal with electronics.

Get your fact straight!!  The US and Japan are not volume capped.  The Euro one is.  I have the Japanese and American Z walkman and they go equally loud.  They also sound pretty much identical.

Sep 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #2,340 of 4,019
having owned the Canadian (US WM-Z) & the Z1070 (Japanese) I can confirm what Purk said, neither are volume-capped.

I live in the UK and refuse to buy Sony European models because of the ridiculous volume cap laws, hence importing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back