NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Aug 20, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #2,296 of 4,019
i tried a direct comparison
walkman z > > lod > p4 amp
laptop > usb out > d12 dac > p4amp

i would imagine/hope this would be very comparable to the s3 > usb out > d12 dac > p4amp

what i got was an enjoyably fuller sound, and far bigger and warmer and deeper bass. It was a significant stepup.

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #2,297 of 4,019
I just purchased a BNIB Z1040 from Sony for $141, but now I know that the F series is being released this week, I'm debating whether or not to return it. I'm not quite sure another 8gb, gps, a smaller form factor, and FLAC is worth an extra $145, but I know that I would appreciate and use those features. If the Z1040 wasn't so cheap, I don't think I'd have any second thoughts. I have 25gb of music, but I listen to maybe 10% on any kind of regular basis, so storage space isn't exactly the end all;be all for me. Anyone care to convince me either way? I have 4 weeks to return it.

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #2,298 of 4,019
you've answered you own question in a way... both units are relatively similar with the WM-F being able to play Flac... depends on the size you prefer at the end of the day... there is a rumour that the WM-Z will be upgraded to the latest Andriod flavour whether that will include a firmware to enable Flac remains anyones guess.

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #2,300 of 4,019
Quote:
these new sony players dont have miceo sd am i right?

Typical Sony, no MicroSD slot is available to enhance the storage space.

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #2,303 of 4,019
1. The S3 has lower dynamic range than the NWZ
2. You can extend your walkman capacity with a usb-otg. I tried the module for ntfs from xda foe tablet S by Sony. It works like a charm. The cifs module for LAN works too. Mount Manager is a great app. I`ve bought a second cable and modded it for otg. I`ll make a guide as soon as possible.
The Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1557868

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #2,305 of 4,019
Yeah. But only 2.0 devices will work and the max capacity is 64gb; you have to mount the usb manually so I suggest BTEP or SSH. Samba shares work like a charm for >64gb. This might is helpful for making a usb cable: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58357

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #2,308 of 4,019
I got a Z1050 today, but the biggest problem I'm facing is that it's not displaying Chinese/Japanese characters properly, they end up being random characters. This wasn't even a problem with my Ancient A728 and X1060...
Does anyone know how to get it to properly display Chinese/Japanese? Thanks in advance!

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #2,309 of 4,019
Quote:
I got a Z1050 today, but the biggest problem I'm facing is that it's not displaying Chinese/Japanese characters properly, they end up being random characters. This wasn't even a problem with my Ancient A728 and X1060...
Does anyone know how to get it to properly display Chinese/Japanese? Thanks in advance!

I don't have any problem with it displaying Japanese and Chinese characters properly though, is yours the Japanese ver.? O_o. But maybe you can try changing the name of the song into something else, then change it back to those characters that you want, it might work. 

Aug 26, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2,310 of 4,019
Quote:
I don't have any problem with it displaying Japanese and Chinese characters properly though, is yours the Japanese ver.? O_o. But maybe you can try changing the name of the song into something else, then change it back to those characters that you want, it might work. 

Thanks, i think the problem was with the ID3v1 tags, once i removed them using mp3tag it solved everything. Funny cuz I never ran into any of these problems using my iphone and ipad. 
Though I came across a new problem just now, I plugged my SE535 into it I'm hearing this faint high pitched whine, I can actually still hear it over the music. I can still hear it with my ES3X, though not as obvious but it's still there =S
I thought the Z series is supposed to have eliminated most of the noise? Is anybody else experiencing this problem with sensitive IEMs? Thanks 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back