NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Jul 22, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #2,161 of 4,019
Quote:
 I'm curious.  I've heard such comments before.  I'm not up on the various flavors of Android, but why do we need the bleeding edge software?  If a new version frees up memory for music storage or makes it easy to obliterate games & unwanted apps from the device, I'm all for it. But I think it's usually the opposite.  I want my money going towards SQ & storage.
Cheers!

Well for one it will improve battery...you can delete bloatware (unwanted system apps) if you root the device

Jul 23, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #2,162 of 4,019
Anybody knows how to reflash this motherf***er? I changed the font through Font Installer from the market and now i'm stuck after boot-loader. I have a little knowledge about the debug interface but i can't find the r/w mounting for /system. Or, do you know when they'll release the 4.0 update? If you manage to do something please respond. Thanks.
/LE: I had a problem like this with the U20i phone from SE.... It worked like a charm to flash the firmware from the recovery mode

Jul 23, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #2,163 of 4,019
my condolences, brother...

i mean, try e-mailing sony customer service for it. or visit sony center if anyone can't answer you with your issue!

Jul 23, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #2,164 of 4,019
Quote:
Well for one it will improve battery...you can delete bloatware (unwanted system apps) if you root the device

Danny... hows it hanging mate
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Anybody knows how to reflash this motherf***er? I changed the font through Font Installer from the market and now i'm stuck after boot-loader. I have a little knowledge about the debug interface but i can't find the r/w mounting for /system. Or, do you know when they'll release the 4.0 update? If you manage to do something please respond. Thanks.
/LE: I had a problem like this with the U20i phone from SE.... It worked like a charm to flash the firmware from the recovery mode

there you go Tud.... click on link

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/portable/NWZZ1040-Z1050-Z1060/eng/contents/01/12/02/02.html

Jul 23, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #2,165 of 4,019
Ok folks. I've solved my problem by going into recovery mode(volume up+power with no cable). I've also asked the Customer Support about ICS and they put me on the phone with a developer. He said that they are working on a UI (sony crap) for ICS.... He also said that it will be available by october-november maybe december.... I'm sad about this. Next thing  to ask: Do you know any player for Android that works like ASIO for computers? Any player that directly connects to the hardware by bypassing the OS crap? I can't seem to find one. I know that i don't need extra low-latency for playback but i'm looking into distortion caused by software....

Jul 23, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #2,166 of 4,019
Quote:
Danny... hows it hanging mate
beerchug.gif

Hey...sadly my sony is gone, and Im using a Galaxy S3 which come surprisingly close to the Sony IMO, I just wanted an all in one solution for portability 
biggrin.gif

still waiting on these marque signings that Big Sam keeps saying are comming 
tongue.gif

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #2,168 of 4,019
anyone got a Asia version Z1060 (or Z1050).... trying to figure if it is completely in English or if it's like my Japanese Z1070.

I want either a US or 'English' version Z1060 for my mp3's (keeping my Z1070 as lossless).... any advise please?

ps... I 'do not' want a Euro-version

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2,170 of 4,019
Quote:
anyone got a Asia version Z1060 (or Z1050).... trying to figure if it is completely in English or if it's like my Japanese Z1070.

I want either a US or 'English' version Z1060 for my mp3's (keeping my Z1070 as lossless).... any advise please?

ps... I 'do not' want a Euro-version

With an English version (and maybe the Asia version), you can use Media Go to load it using FLAC  with album art if desired...

Edit:   Aaargh!   Blasted MediaGo faked me out again.
angry_face.gif

Rips in FLAC, but converts to MP3 before download.   Never mind !!!!!!!!!!

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #2,171 of 4,019
Quote:
I am looking to replace my breaking/dying 4th Generation iPod Touch 32GB - would this be a good next step?

I would mainly use it for Music (Duh), Browsing, and Email. The more features the better, but those are the three that I need filled. Is this what I need?

I'm using the international version 32 GB, and it's lovely for listening Miku
Remember, the Japanese ver has bright characters while the international is warm

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #2,173 of 4,019
Hi every one, I have been using my Z1070 for some weeks now and love its sound signature but I am missing some mid bass punch coming form my previous source the Sony Ericsson Walkman telephone W995 with my EX1000. Must I by an amp with bass boost? Witch one max 600 USD.

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #2,174 of 4,019
Quote:
Hi every one, I have been using my Z1070 for some weeks now and love its sound signature but I am missing some mid bass punch coming form my previous source the Sony Ericsson Walkman telephone W995 with my EX1000. Must I by an amp with bass boost? Witch one max 600 USD.

Have you tried the Clear Bass? 

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #2,175 of 4,019
Quote:

I thought that is a good thing not to have an excessive midbass bump.  However, why not play around with the EQ a bit?  The Z1070's internal amp is pretty much as good as any portable amps out there through my JH13pro, so your EX1000 shouldn't see that much benefit from additional portable amplifier either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back