NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Apr 28, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #1,486 of 4,019

Quote:
Disappointing? That's a steal! You have effectively got something 2.5x the cost of the EX600
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha, what I want to say is Sony's services are great. They even prepaid my Fedex for returning the EX600.

But I have a strong feeling the cables for the EX1000 may very well end with the same fate as the EX600. Indeed they use the same cables. See here.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #1,488 of 4,019
I LOVE PLAYERPRO! Sorry, just had to say what an awesome program it is. Just wish I could disable or turn the Walkman button to something else.

Yep I am beginning to prefer this to poweramp too! Sound quality is better and it sounds awesome just flat equaliser. Do u equalise it?

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #1,489 of 4,019

Quote:

Cool. I might buy it now. How does this combo sound. A z-1070 and a ck100 or ck100 pro for J-Music. Which is better for Japanese music the ck100 or the ck100 pro? 

I listen to a lot Japanese songs, and the CK100pro isn't good for it, it's more for classical. Guess the CK100 may be more for you, although I never tried it. Another option is the EX1000.

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #1,491 of 4,019
No, I don't equalise... then again, I'd probably make it sound worse anyway.
Quote:
Yep I am beginning to prefer this to poweramp too! Sound quality is better and it sounds awesome just flat equaliser. Do u equalise it?

Apr 29, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #1,493 of 4,019
I have a problem with the PowerAMP player: While it's gapless, the next song always starts with an explosion-like :frowning2: I have to endure the beginning of every song in a list or folder. Is there a remedy for this sonic anomaly? Thanks

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #1,494 of 4,019

Quote:

Yep, pretty much agree here.  Regarding album art w/ ATRAC Lossless, why not just re-rip your CD fresh using sonicstage 4.3 software? I know it is time consuming but my ATRAC Lossless files all come with album arts using this method.  Converting from wave files won't do you any good though.  I sure wish Sony supports FLAC! 
angry_face.gif

Which version have you got Purk as I have the Japanese Z1070 which does not like transferring the album art for some reason despite the rest of the tagging going over okay during transfer from the Gracenote database. 
Even when I manually use the find album art setting on Sonicstage  it comes back with "no album art can be found"

So yes I have tried re-ripping my cd's from fresh trying both normal Atrac as well as Lossless Atrac & WAV on Sonicstage and does not work
frown.gif

Have to manually do every track by pasting from a saved album art pic from Google!

This is the an annoying stumbling block owning the Japanese version here in the UK. 

Take it you are talking about about been able to use FLAC with the stock player as opposed to say the Power Amp player?

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #1,495 of 4,019
Hi, Could you tell me what the firmware 1.21 brings to the Z1070?

I have updated to 1.21. But i cannot see any new obvious changes.

Do you have to do a factory reset after installing it? If so, would I not loose all my music and data?

Thanks,

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #1,496 of 4,019

Do you have to do a factory reset after installing it? If so, would I not loose all my music and data?

Thanks,

Apr 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #1,497 of 4,019

Quote:

Thanks,

I think the only changes are a few icons and the google market to play store. Factory resetting it won't allow you to go back to the previous firmware. You're pretty much screwed if you don't like it.

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #1,500 of 4,019
I've had an S618 (8gb version of S610) for four years if anybody can believe that. Does anyone recall specification or sound quality differences between my own and the current E465? I'm curious to know how they differ (like the amp). Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back