NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Sep 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #3,796 of 4,019
  Thanks, it's working now

Viper4Android is good just for fun, big bass for sound effects

But I still preferred the stock sound without v4a since it's much pure and clear sounding

Try downloading a few IRS from the xda thread. All the other settings, except for the imaging are pretty useless.

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #3,798 of 4,019
  Guys, can you please tell me if the Z1050 is better than the X1050 sound quality wise?

Been covered years ago, but sound quality is ALWAYS subjective. X and Z are more similar than X and A or Z and F. I remember thinking the X and Z series both sounded better than A and F (respectively), but not 100% different. there were different subtleties that were better. Sony's house sound is there no matter what.

You need to hear for yourself and decide.

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #3,800 of 4,019
Guys, can you please tell me if the Z1050 is better than the X1050 sound quality wise?

walkman z is miles ahead from walkman x in everyway, plus you can root it except for hardware buttons

x is best when paired with dynamic drivers
z is best when paired with ba drivers(it drives k3003 very well without hiss)

overall z has very good bass texture and punch with good soundstage and highs

while x has better mids

also the hp output / driving power of z is higher than x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #3,803 of 4,019
~~Originally Posted by sicko... OK-Guy, it's not Redbook vs Hi-Rez, it's the sound-signature preference IMO.

It's not sound signature imo, there's something not right in the lower mids to upper bass region, perhaps Turok can chip in with his thoughts. 

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #3,804 of 4,019
Friends who LOVE NWZ-1000 series ...
Some of you, someone already had the experience of replacing the battery NWZ-Z1000? Find the Original Battery and easy to buy?
See below URL from the download file with 34 pictures of the disassembly the NWZ-Z1000.
Mine is great, but I think that if one day I need to change, it is quite easy, very ... much easier to replace than the Apple iPod ... where everything is stuck.

Would appreciate any comments.
I have a NWZ-A865 NWZ-Z1060 and I love them both Player ...

http://www.mediafire.com/?egsyyag1310bb1m

Things to note:
1. No Tegra 2 chip! However, this is the same with the Sony Tablet S, so I guess the Tegra 2 is present in the form of complete integration.
2. Note caps at audio output. The JA8 chips might be the couplers. If so, that size would indicate 100 µF (NEC build). It's either those or the two bigger yellow ones behind, but judging from their distance to the headphone jack, I'd say unlikely.
3. The metal chassis is transversal. There's a proper "roll-cage" type structure present in the Z. Unlike the iPod Touch which uses a (correct me if I'm wrong) mere metal backplate, this would allow the Z to take up more structural impacts, assuming it falls on a corner.
4. The headphone jack is a separate entity connected to the main board with ribbon cable. The major advantage of this design is that replacing the headphone jack is extremely simple to do, unlike most other designs with the jack soldered directly onto the board. It also provides the jack with some "float", that is, if the headphone cord is violently snagged, a portion of the force will be absorbed/dissipated due to its slightly mobile nature.
5. Note five (5) strands of copper on the headphone jack ribbon. This is a Japanese Z (note the very blurred-out roundel on the first pic, present only on Japanese Z's) with the proper NC function. I'm not exactly sure how Sony manages to create an NC function with five contact points. Left, Right, Ground, Mic+, Mic- ?
6. Note the tiny little microphone right by the Samsung chip (round silver-colored cell with six holes on top). I thought it was a CMOSbattery.

Z1000 Innards.tar.bz2
Archive (.BZ2)

1. File size: 4.88 MB
  2. Uploaded: 2012-03-20 16:09:57
  3. Uploaded From:

About Compressed Archive Files
Compressed archives combine multiple files into a single file to make them easier to transport or save on diskspace. Archiving software may also provide options for encryption, file spanning, checksums, self-extraction, and self-installation. Zip is the most-widely used format, used by the Windows operating system and more recently by OSX as well. RAR is also a very popular and flexible format. Unix uses the tar file format, while Linux uses the tar and gz format.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #3,805 of 4,019

~~Originally Posted by sicko... OK-Guy, it's not Redbook vs Hi-Rez, it's the sound-signature preference IMO.

It's not sound signature imo, there's something not right in the lower mids to upper bass region, perhaps Turok can chip in with his thoughts. 

Yeah, but that can only be the DAP side of things. As per my listening experience, the leap from redbook to hi-rez isn't that great. It could be the mastering though. Try converting a hi-rez down to redbook and then compare both.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #3,806 of 4,019
I've only got Red-Book on both WM's... could it be a firmware problem with the SQ?... honest mate there's something not quite right, we need Turok in here as he'll probably explain it.

think about it why are two massive Walkman fans saying 'hold on', he's gone back to using the Z1070 & sold his ZX1(?) and I'm in the process of buying another... yes the ZX1/F887 may be a step-up from the Z&F806/7 series but if it stops you from enjoying your music (in part), where's the gain?

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #3,807 of 4,019
I've only got Red-Book on both WM's... could it be a firmware problem with the SQ?... honest mate there's something not quite right, we need Turok in here as he'll probably explain it.

think about it why are two massive Walkman fans saying 'hold on', he's gone back to using the Z1070 & sold his ZX1(?) and I'm in the process of buying another... yes the ZX1/F887 may be a step-up from the Z&F806/7 series but if it stops you from enjoying your music (in part), where's the gain?

I wouldn't call it a problem as we saw from the f800 up, Sony have been empasizing the treble region more with more air and clarity. So I think that's what Sony is aiming for now after that long line of bass-oriented Walkmans.
Also I think I read that he was funding some other gear. Hit him with a PM.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #3,808 of 4,019
so Turok... why do you prefer the WM-Z over the ZX1, do you think that you'll have use hi-re's only files on the ZX1 to make it sound as sweet as this baby?

btw... I'm getting another Z1070

This is exactly what I did when you guys came with first impressions of the ZX1: ordered another NWZ from Japan while they are still available!

Enjoying it's sound sig way too much and not really interested to jump on the Hi res bandwagon yet. Also didn't enjoy the F800 series analytical sound as much as the Z's. Would be great if Sony would continue to bring out walkmans with warmer sound sigs in the future but am afraid the Z might be the last one with this type of sound..

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #3,810 of 4,019
I've been really enjoying my Z1060 with the XBA-4, it's made me fall in love with music all over again. I've had no problems with this walkman but once in a while it seems to restart all by itself... Any one else seeing this? It's happened 4 or 5 times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back