NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
May 29, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #1,836 of 4,019
May 29, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #1,837 of 4,019
Quote:
i dunno how to interpret this.  what does it mean?

For me , it means that I am deaf, and my ears and brain do not process sounds, and what I am hearing is static...Yeah.

May 29, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #1,838 of 4,019
Quote:

For me , it means that I am deaf, and my ears and brain do not process sounds, and what I am hearing is static...Yeah.

I wonder what the frequency chart on a $10,000 Tube Amp would look like?  I'm sure it wouldn't be anything close to resembling linear...

May 29, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #1,839 of 4,019
Quote:
WOW what? lets see the DX100 chart, please.

Here are the measurements of iPod/Nano/iPhone:

http://sonove.angry.jp/RMAA/iPodClassic6_nano6_iPhone4.htm

I suspect some measurement error on link at http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/Z1060/Z1060TF10.htm because the measurement is seriously bad. I don't believe Inks is out to bash the Sony DAP. He is just availing objective measurements for potential buyers who are skeptical of subjective opinions.

If that measurement however turns out to be correct, it will mean that that the Z series walkman is extremely colored with a serious treble roll-off starting from 2kHz region.

May 29, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #1,840 of 4,019
Quote:

Here are the measurements of iPod/Nano/iPhone:

http://sonove.angry.jp/RMAA/iPodClassic6_nano6_iPhone4.htm

I suspect some measurement error on link at http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/Z1060/Z1060TF10.htm because the measurement is seriously bad. I don't believe Inks is out to bash the Sony DAP. He is just availing objective measurements for potential buyers who are skeptical of subjective opinions.

If that measurement however turns out to be correct, it will mean that that the Z series walkman is extremely colored with a serious treble roll-off starting from 2kHz region.

I agree with you, we need another measurement, anyway please have the Z for a try...PLEASE..  : )

edit :The Z is the least colored player I have listened to date.

May 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #1,843 of 4,019
if you judge you equipment by graphs and charts in all honesty I feel quite sad for you, if that's how you purchase you equipment without even listening to a device I would personally deem it to be idiotic.... you enjoy your music through your ears and not via some bit of paper.

as I've said on may occasions on this thread, the WM-Z is a very neutral player with an immense soundstage and a SQ to match... that's what my ears tell me.

I have also noticed that most who knock the WM-Z have never owned one... take from that what you will

May 29, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #1,844 of 4,019
Quote:
if you judge you equipment by graphs and charts in all honesty I feel quite sad for you, if that's how you purchase you equipment without even listening to a device I would personally deem it to be idiotic.... you enjoy your music through your ears and not via some bit of paper.

Tell me, how many people here who own the NWZ had listened to it in person before making the purchase?

If then, one has got to make a purchase decision based on (1) objective measurement, and (2) subjective opinions, (1) will be a much more reliable and offers a better guide for equipment matching, that is if one first understood what those graphs are telling him.

If one likes the sound even if the measurement does not reflect well, then its good anyway because we listen with our ears.

PS: It says a lot if anyone feels that the results of these objective measurements are made to bash the NWZ and tries to discredit them for what they are worth.

May 29, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #1,845 of 4,019
Quote:
I have also noticed that most who knock the WM-Z have never owned one... take from that what you will

I once spoke with a gentleman at one of those "big box" Electronic stores, whom asked me what I thought of the Dr. Dre Beats headphones that I picked up and listened to.  He of course was a salesman and tried to convince me that they were the best headphones on earth.  I looked at him and said.  "So these are the best headphones Evar"?  He of course reassured me that they were.  So then I asked, "Have you listened to All the other headphones in the world"?  Which he replied "No".  Then I asked, "so how could you make such a statement"?  Then I put them down... and continued on my way... leaving him there looking at me as I left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back