New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
May 5, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #3,106 of 4,162
a question to you A306 owners - has anyone tried remote controlling it from your smartphone yet via an App or something? I've used the search function for this thread and it brought up nothing.

May 5, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #3,107 of 4,162
a question to you A306 owners - has anyone tried remote controlling it from your smartphone yet via an App or something? I've used the search function for this thread and it brought up nothing.
Spotify connect works so can listen on my A307 but control with Spotify on my mobile, not that I can see any reason why I would want to.

I use a Sony BT remote with mine anyway.

May 5, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #3,108 of 4,162
Spotify connect works so can listen on my A307 but control with Spotify on my mobile, not that I can see any reason why I would want to.

I use a Sony BT remote with mine anyway.

Does that remote have a screen? Remember the mini disc cables that had the little remote with an lcd screen on them?

May 5, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #3,109 of 4,162
With BT I did a trial using just Spotify so no HR streaming, using my A307 LDAC best and Adaptive vs using an iPhone13 mini AAC to my BTR5.

I was pleasantly suprised how good AAC sounded from the iPhone and nothing much in it vs LDAC for SD bitrate tracks via Spotify.

Of course HD music out of Walkman music using LDAC Best was still noticeable better for the like of 24/48 & 24/96 tracks, but I use my A307 99% with wired IEMS's anyway.

May 5, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #3,110 of 4,162
Does that remote have a screen? Remember the mini disc cables that had the little remote with an lcd screen on them?
No, its just the Sony Remote that was made for original WM1A that works with A307 and now can only be found on ebay for silly prices over $150!

61c9diLH6zL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Actually, Used one on Amazon Japn for £120+ 🤪 new one for over £200! 😆

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Sony-RMT-NWS20-Remote-Commander-Walkman/dp/B01LRQZWT4

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #3,111 of 4,162
I've tried various cheaper BT remotes, besides the expensive Sony one. These work on the A306. Just basic functions (track forward, backward, volume+_)
- Fiio RM1
- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.33.21ef1802ESb8wV

This one below works well on the WM1Am2, but not on the A306
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...86260a0469db6aa66c0cecc1892&afSmartRedirect=y

Darko has a Youtube article that experiments with using the A306 as a player connected to an Amp, using the streaming app on a phone as a remote control. This would be App control via a phone as you ask, but works on some streaming apps only.

May 5, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #3,112 of 4,162
Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #3,113 of 4,162
Mine cost about £35 new inc p&p years ago to import from Japan.

Lol I got a cheapie from Amazon that works great, don't know where is is atm, but I thought man that would be cool if one had a screen that could relay track info and such. I think the one I got was 7 dollars.

May 6, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #3,114 of 4,162
Lol I got a cheapie from Amazon that works great, don't know where is is atm, but I thought man that would be cool if one had a screen that could relay track info and such. I think the one I got was 7 dollars.
Going to test my sony minidisc remote and see if it works i doubt it though

May 8, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #3,116 of 4,162
Loved the Sony nw-a55 but off late got into streaming more than local playing.Was excited for this but put off by small screen..
this looks to display only 4-5 tracks at at a time in apple music,spotify.what a shame :triportsad: ..thats a lot of scrolling

May 8, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #3,117 of 4,162
Loved the Sony nw-a55 but off late got into streaming more than local playing.Was excited for this but put off by small screen..
this looks to display only 4-5 tracks at at a time in apple music,spotify.what a shame :triportsad: ..thats a lot of scrolling
Its absolutely perfect for using Spotify in such a small, decent battery life DAP and Android 12 for some good life support.

The 1AM2 was just too big/heavy for its intended portable use IMO (1ZM2 I tried even more so!). Can carry this around without even noticing.

Will still use my mobile or PC for new discovery as much faster, but for actual listening A307 is perfectly fine and I mostly use playlists on shuffle anyway (offline).

Last edited:
May 8, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #3,118 of 4,162
A306 is dope for mobile use. I still use my AM2 but mostly for listening around my house with my full-size headphones
Its absolutely perfect for using Spotify in such a small, decent battery life DAP and Android 12 for some good life support.

The 1AM2 was just too big/heavy for its intended portable use IMO (1ZM2 I tried even more so!). Can carry this around without even noticing.

Will still use my mobile or PC for new discovery as much faster, but for actual listening A307 is perfectly fine and I mostly use playlists on shuffle anyway (offline).

May 9, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #3,120 of 4,162
Tried lot of things but nothing really worked consistent and comfortable.

It is a shame that, since the Android Switch, non of the Sony DAPs support an Bluetooth Receiver mode.

Being outside, it always used my old WM1 as Bluetooth Receiver with LDAC, worked perfectly.

Maybe this feature will come back with an firmware update, but i somewhat doubt it :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back