New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Apr 3, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #2,822 of 4,162
the grey and black will match my Earmen ST-Amp
ST Amp.JPG

Apr 3, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #2,824 of 4,162
Has anyone reached out to Sony about the issue of it not reading .cue files for single FLAC files or embedded cue sheets in a FLAC file? Is this also an issue with UAPP?

It's a major question for me as well. As I recall, a few contributors here were planning to test the CUE functionality in different ways. (You probably saw their posts.) I wonder what came of their intentions?

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #2,826 of 4,162
My only concern with the Miter Case is the fact that I will not be able to “feel” the button impressions. I love the fact that Sony was smart enough to think of this. I am all about knowing what buttons I am touching just by the feel. Sony also was smart enough to add the little nubs on the volume up button and the play button, and even the hold button so we know where we are touching, without looking. Little details like that mean the most to me and are a huge bonus in my book. I am concerned the miter case will take that away. It does look nice and sleek tho. I ended up biting the bullet and importing the genuine silicone case because I see it still has those button impressions.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #2,827 of 4,162
My only concern with the Miter Case is the fact that I will not be able to “feel” the button impressions. I love the fact that Sony was smart enough to think of this. I am all about knowing what buttons I am touching just by the feel. Sony also was smart enough to add the little nubs on the volume up button and the play button, and even the hold button so we know where we are touching, without looking. Little details like that mean the most to me and are a huge bonus in my book. I am concerned the miter case will take that away. It does look nice and sleek tho. I ended up biting the bullet and importing the genuine silicone case because I see it still has those button impressions.
actually u can feel the impressions still

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #2,828 of 4,162
Couple of questions here from a newbie with the NW-A306 that I'm about to send back...

First, when I connect my B&O H95 through Bluetooth they crackle slightly, then when I play music through Tidal it skips badly for a couple of minutes.

And second, it won't play Tidal tracks that are downloaded to SD card, it spins away trying to play for forever, sometimes it starts playing, mostly Tidal crashes.

Any ideas before the Walkman goes back?

Apr 3, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #2,829 of 4,162
I actually think it works great and very responsive to the touch. No problems yet with it but as they say each to their own.

Apr 3, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #2,830 of 4,162
I love my Qtec bluedot invisible nanobot case. A little pricy but trillions of nanobots circle the case at ftl speeds providing a protective barrier 1000 times harder than Q-carbon. Plus if by chance it gets damaged the bots will rebuild it.

The best thing is, it feels so light and thin- like it's not even there! 😀

Pic
20230403_154747.jpg

Apr 3, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #2,831 of 4,162
I actually think it works great and very responsive to the touch. No problems yet with it but as they say each to their own.
Thats great! I am only speaking from pictures of the miter case. It appears like it’s a smooth surface along the buttons whereas the Walkman itself and silicone case have the buttons sticking out. If you say you can still feel the separation and differentiate the buttons from each other then maybe I will give that one a try too. I like to have options when it comes to cases and I like that blue color :)

Apr 3, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #2,832 of 4,162
I love my Qtec bluedot invisible nanobot case. A little pricy but trillions of nanobots circle the case at ftl speeds providing a protective barrier 1000 times harder than Q-carbon. Plus if by chance it gets damaged the bots will rebuild it.

The best thing is, it feels so light and thin- like it's not even there! 😀

Pic
20230403_154747.jpg
Lol you had me there.

Apr 3, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #2,833 of 4,162
Thats great! I am only speaking from pictures of the miter case. It appears like it’s a smooth surface along the buttons whereas the Walkman itself and silicone case have the buttons sticking out. If you say you can still feel the separation and differentiate the buttons from each other then maybe I will give that one a try too. I like to have options when it comes to cases and I like that blue color :)

Seriously I'd give one a go, especially if you can return it if it's not for you.
IMG_20230403_221004482.jpg

Lol you had me there.
🤔😁🤣🤣🫥

Apr 3, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #2,834 of 4,162
Hey rowoad, regarding the library 9999 limit, it's not the actual limit of songs you can keep on your 306, it's just the maximum number the Walkman Music Player app will count to. I have over 30k songs and the only annoyance is that if you want to shuffle play your whole library, it will show as 1 / -- songs, so it will count the ones you've listened to up until 9999 and after that you'll get a -- / -- count. It's just a UI glitch that Sony will hopefully address but that's it.
Thanks a lot for the clarification ! Then it's not even an issue for me. 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back