New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 21, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #1,276 of 4,122
So, it has a 3.5 mm TRRS headset jack? I'm not sure that is going to work with a 3.5 mm TRS cable as the second ring and sleeve are shorted (i.e the microphone input is grounded out)...

Wait his laptop has a 4 pole mic input? Sorry I thought you were talking about the Sony. Yes that would be a problem. Yes I see now sorry, he's got a combo jack. I've got a separate mic input. Yes you're right, I thought he had 2 jacks.

Duh just ignore me. 🙄

Sony obviously just has 2 grounds with a balanced plug, no mic.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #1,277 of 4,122
I personally like spotify, tidal is OK but spotify is a better value imo. MQA is meh to me. Spotify works great in the car. That said I'll take a free trial of tidal anytime ha ha. I got 3 free months of spotify and I really like it.

I had Tidal for over 2 years free with the numerous offers (3 or 6 month trials/promotions), just had to create a new account linked to a new email each time! Could probably do it again now as always 1-month trials about.

Feb 21, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #1,280 of 4,122
I had Tidal for over 2 years free with the numerous offers (3 or 6 month trials/promotions), just had to create a new account linked to a new email each time! Could probably do it again now as always 1-month trials about.
I assume by doing that with Spotify, you loose all your favourites being in one place and therefore have to suffer their shuffle if you are not on your PC?

Feb 21, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #1,282 of 4,122
I assume by doing that with Spotify, you loose all your favourites being in one place and therefore have to suffer their shuffle if you are not on your PC?
Never tried with Spotify, been a paying member since launch.

Yes, but can get around it.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #1,283 of 4,122

Yep, anytime you do a new email you lose your favorites. But if you use the same email they're there. At least for a while. As long as you log in with your account on anything you're good. Shuffle is only if you're using the free version.

I had 2 trials before I paid and my info was still there. Which is nice.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #1,285 of 4,122
So, until now, is there a way to find out if A306 has the bass problem, other than testing?
your ears if it sounds lean on bass i think you will know

Feb 21, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #1,287 of 4,122
Just to add another data point:

A306, HK model via Accessory Jack, Black, Serial 1000216 - No issue

Comparing in rapid A/B tests with my ZX507 and it sounds just as full in the bass and overall slightly better SQ.
Very happy here, but concerned for anyone suffering the bass issue.
Which one sounds brighter, from your tests?

Feb 21, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #1,289 of 4,122
Amazon delivered the 1TB card I ordered today (flash sale on SanDisk Extreme Pro woohoo!), so since I was deleting downloaded albums from the internal memory anyway, I gambled and reset my 306 to factory specs.

I set it up again and right off the bat things were faster- setup went smoothly with no hiccups, beyond a moment where it stated it couldn’t connect to WiFi, but actually had. And now the lag has more or less disappeared.

I am downloading my library onto the card, so I haven’t actually listened to the device following the reset, so we will see if the feedback while on Wi-Fi persists…

And most importantly, if my gamble has paid off, and the proper bass remains.

Feb 21, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #1,290 of 4,122
Amazon delivered the 1TB card I ordered today (flash sale on SanDisk Extreme Pro woohoo!), so since I was deleting downloaded albums from the internal memory anyway, I gambled and reset my 306 to factory specs.

I set it up again and right off the bat things were faster- setup went smoothly with no hiccups, beyond a moment where it stated it couldn’t connect to WiFi, but actually had. And now the lag has more or less disappeared.

I am downloading my library onto the card, so I haven’t actually listened to the device following the reset, so we will see if the feedback while on Wi-Fi persists…

And most importantly, if my gamble has paid off, and the proper bass remains.

That flash sale in the US? Oh and good luck with the a306.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back