New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 8, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #422 of 4,129
Sony claims CUE file support, but it's unclear how it is supposed to be configured. Maybe it would have worked if the CUE had the full path to the WAV file rather than the relative path (same directory). Or maybe it needs separate files for each track. I have returned mine due to the volume cap so I can't test further. I have a JP version on order (expected tomorrow) but I'm out of town until next Monday evening for my son's wedding... If you don't have a clear answer by then I can look at it some more.
If you're up for it, can you attempt to Embed the Cue Sheet via FB2K (Foobar 2000) (right click on file, Utilities > Edit Cuesheet > Load > Select Cuesheet > Checkmark "Enable embedded Cuesheet on this file" . press OK) if you have any single file albums and see if it reads that properly? Thanks!

Feb 9, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #423 of 4,129
I’ve been trying to figure this out too lol

I've never used a DAP as a DAC for my PC (BTR5/DFC yes).

If I plug USB into PC a popup gives me option to set as USB DAC and the PC then shows it as the Walkman output device, but if I play anything on PC I don't hear anything via the earphones plugged into the A307. Am I supposed to ?

If you're on windows, you could check the sound settings if it's connected or not. I think for windows you need to download a certain .exe for it.

For mac, you can just plug in and you can adjust from the sound settings or at the audio midi app

Feb 9, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #424 of 4,129
I can't use IEMs and don't want an external amp, so I'm nervous about the A306's output power. (Yes, even the non-capped version.) What level of performance is possible with easy-to-drive headphones like the German Maestro GMP 8.35 or the B&O H6?
Should be fine i think, even though this DAP is clearly made with iems or TWS in mind.
I have briefly tried with my headphones:
HP.jpg

Around 70 out of 120 was enough volume with DT 700 PRO X, and maybe 80 with HD560s.
It was a very short listen though, and i'm a low volume listener in general, so YMMV and all that.

Feb 9, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #425 of 4,129
Untitled.png

2.1 Ohm output impedance doesn't look so good, this will mess up some iems for sure.
Keep this in mind during comparisons, Sony will sound slightly "different" only because of that :D

There are other interesting measurements in this video as well, like power, crosstalk, SINAD etc

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #426 of 4,129

2.1 Ohm output impedance doesn't look so good, this will mess up some iems for sure.
Keep this in mind during comparisons, Sony will sound slightly "different" only because of that :D

There are other interesting measurements in this video as well, like power, crosstalk, SINAD etc

Well there is a slight hiss with my 8 Ohm SE846's while none I can hear with S or B via my 1AM2. Certainly nothing like the hiss the ZX2 had with my SE846's and not a deal breaker unless your very sensitive to it. My FD7 & M9's perfect with both my A307 & 1AM2

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #427 of 4,129
If you're up for it, can you attempt to Embed the Cue Sheet via FB2K (Foobar 2000) (right click on file, Utilities > Edit Cuesheet > Load > Select Cuesheet > Checkmark "Enable embedded Cuesheet on this file" . press OK) if you have any single file albums and see if it reads that properly? Thanks!

I'll be glad to, but as I said, I'm out of town until Monday evening and don't have my A306 on hand (it was delivered yesterday but I wasn't home).

Feb 9, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #430 of 4,129
Fromjapan cancelled my order for some strange reason ordered again lets see what happens ..or i will order from somewhere else

Went super smooth after my consolidation mistake with Buyee. One day from despatch in Japan to UK then I picked up from Parcelforce depot day after.

Only downside is Duty/VAT/Handling fees, but that's a risk with ebay too.

Super Small/Cute next to my 1AM2

20230209_142755.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #431 of 4,129
Went super smooth after my consolidation mistake with Buyee. One day from despatch in Japan to UK then I picked up from Parcelforce depot day after.
amazon.co.jp + buyee for me as well, it took a while to arrive to buyee warehouse, i think nw-a306 model was out of stock on amazon for some days, but then it was shipped with FedEx on Monday and i got it on Wednesday already

Feb 9, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #432 of 4,129

if they cancel again thats me done with from japan

Feb 9, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #434 of 4,129
Untitled.png

I liked that he said if you don't understand anything please ask in the comments and I will try and explain it to you. That's pretty cool!

On a side note I didn't think I was going to like the wavy back and sides but the grip feels good.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #435 of 4,129

It's like a toy compared to the WM1A2 so tiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back