New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 7, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #331 of 4,204
Hi Sony lover 😊
I own an a55 and really think to go on the a306 move but Android is a really pain for me…
Please can someone with an Sony Android device tells me:
- with Android device if for exemple I put an alternative player like Poweramp will the EQ pass over BT ?
- can I set a launcher like for exemple Nova Launcher to be the « Default Home App » please ? (I mean letting the launcher become Default Home App definitively) ?
A friend of mine have a Shanling M3 ultra and he can’t setup the launcher to become default home app so he’s stuck with ugly Android default Home Screen…
- can we change accent color in dev options ?
Thanks a lot for the answer, it’s the only things that retain me to change for a Sony Android device from my a55..

Feb 7, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #332 of 4,204
Well, mines left Japan via EMS then hits Parcelforce in UK. See what VAT/Duty damage is maybe ~ Wednesday.

That got quickly to Coventry/UK but now delay for UK customs with ParcelForce. Should find out duty/VAT/handling charge today :scream:

1675759316952.png

Feb 7, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #333 of 4,204
Well, its certainly not a cheap route for an uncapped A307 to UK via Amazon Japan/buyee!

The 64GB A307 plus soft flip case cost me £405 including the proxy charges and the Japanese tax and £27 postage you end up paying (wouldn't have this if still via Amazon Japan direct) but then also not lucky this time with UK customs :slight_frown:

Total customs charge £106.78 : £15.20 Duty, 79.58 VAT, £12 ParcelForce handling.

A UK capped 32GB A306 is £349.99 (they don't sell the 64GB or any cases). So for uncapped with extra 32GB and case will have cost me £177 more. :scream:

So £405+£27+£106.78 = £538.78 but still a bit cheaper than ebay prices if also got caught with customs.

Supposedly being delivered tomorrow (Wednesday)

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #334 of 4,204
Well, its certainly not a cheap route for an uncapped A307 to UK via Amazon Japan/buyee!

The 64GB A307 plus soft flip case cost me £405 including the proxy charges and the Japanese tax and £27 postage you end up paying (wouldn't have this if still via Amazon Japan direct) but then also not lucky this time with UK customs :slight_frown:

Total customs charge £106.78 : £15.20 Duty, 79.58 VAT, £12 ParcelForce handling.

A UK capped 32GB A306 is £349.99 (they don't sell the 64GB or any cases). So for uncapped with extra 32GB and case will have cost me £177 more. :scream:

So £405+£27+£106.78 = £538.78 but still a bit cheaper than ebay prices if also got caught with customs.
every time when buying Sony dap from Japan it cost me a lot of custom 😅
Please when you have it, can you tell me if you can set a launcher as « Default Home App » in Android settings and if you can change the accent color of the device ?
Answer would be really appreciated 😝
Hope you’ll be happy with it and that I won’t have to much duty too when buying it 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Feb 7, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #335 of 4,204
every time when buying Sony dap from Japan it cost me a lot of custom 😅
Please when you have it, can you tell me if you can set a launcher as « Default Home App » in Android settings and if you can change the accent color of the device ?
Answer would be really appreciated 😝
Hope you’ll be happy with it and that I won’t have to much duty too when buying it 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Well with my Sony WM1AM2 which has Android 11 you can set your own default Home App and the screen background etc. so this should be same.

Feb 7, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #337 of 4,204
Feb 7, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #338 of 4,204
From all other attempts with other Sony Android DAP's, root access is locked so nobody found a way around it. Re-flashing foreign firmware doesn't remove it.

There might be some hope for root as the new devices use Snapdragon processors. We just need a firehose config for QFIL and an EDL mode.

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #339 of 4,204
The Sony Canada store and amazon.ca have it for pre-order for $479.00 CDN. Kind of silly to pay that price to get a unit that is volume crippled. I would have been game to pay that price if not for the volume crap... I mean cap. Not keen on spending that much to import from Japan and no Canadian warranty coverage.

You'd hate that volume cap.

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #340 of 4,204
Playing with mine more and since I was able to bump the volume up with the hiby app it's been sounding great.

I want to note too on the battery I've done nothing on android- I usually remove or disable multiple apps. I've also had wifi on the whole time. With my a105 I only turned it on when I was going to use a streaming service. I've also had the screen on alot just messing around. I'd estimate I've played 10 hours of music on very high volume, and I've got 55% left. I haven't turned it off either.

So yes the battery life is much better! Can't wait to see what you guys think. And psikey I'd love to see some pics of that grey one. I thought they all looked cool, but I'm boring and a whimp so I got my old staple. Pics of the blue look really good.

Rocking to Rush err not getting the camera focused to good lol

20230207_114613.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #341 of 4,204
Playing with mine more and since I was able to bump the volume up with the hiby app it's been sounding great.

I want to note too on the battery I've done nothing on android- I usually remove or disable multiple apps. I've also had wifi on the whole time. With my a105 I only turned it on when I was going to use a streaming service. I've also had the screen on alot just messing around. I'd estimate I've played 10 hours of music on very high volume, and I've got 55% left. I haven't turned it off either.

So yes the battery life is much better! Can't wait to see what you guys think. And psikey I'd love to see some pics of that grey one. I thought they all looked cool, but I'm boring and a whimp so I got my old staple. Pics of the blue look really good.

20230207_114613.jpg
This is great, thanks for the extra details, looking forward to mine arriving for sure.
Love a bit of Rush too, Exit..Stage Left is my go to at the moment

Feb 7, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #342 of 4,204

I was going for blue but like idea that the light grey is near same colour as underlying aluminium so won't show scratches/dings etc. Plus its not sold in UK (only Blue/Black) so a bit more unique. Plus I always have black and fancied a change :relaxed:

It's meant to be coming tomorrow and I have glass screen protector due Thursday.

Been listening to my WM1AM2 all week just via 3.5mm so ready for my head-to-head :smile: Have over 150hrs on balanced but still only 30+ on 3.5mm.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #343 of 4,204

20230207_114613.jpg

Does Walkman music app show play time like the WM1AM2 does (in settings) and any pop-up about needing burn-in like the higher models ?

Feb 7, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #344 of 4,204

20230207_114613.jpg
Hi, excuse me can you change « accent color » in your device please ?
And so you can define a « default home app » like for ex a launcher or poweramp please ?

Feb 7, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #345 of 4,204

Supposedly being delivered tomorrow (Wednesday)
Damn that is a lot £106!!! UK customs getting greedy... I might go the accessory jack route they normally dropship to a warehouse then send from there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back