SONY NW-ZX700
May 4, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #2,672 of 2,677
Just wondering what audio setting people use on the Walkman, I have just received mine and I have finished debloating google and was curious on how people set the unit up. I am using Tidal and Senniehauser IEM 600 with it.
I buy 90% of the music so I mostly use Sony's app.
I also have Tidal and Apple Music, but that's more for testing new albums before buying (or listening to stuff that are impossible to find to buy).

If HR or DSD, I use Direct.
If CD and rarely compressed (cough iTunes, cough), I use DSEE
High gain on, balanced

Sometimes I'm in the mood to use the DSD Remastering.

May 5, 2024 at 12:28 AM Post #2,674 of 2,677
I am having trouble transferring music to the unit using the Sony music app. It says it has been transferred but it is noon on the unit. I am confused. Any help would be appreciated.
Use a computer, if on a Mac can use android transfer app.

May 5, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #2,675 of 2,677
if on a Mac can use android transfer app
Definitely buy a SD card adapter before dealing with that crap.

Don’t forget to put the music on the Music folder!

May 5, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #2,676 of 2,677
I am having trouble transferring music to the unit using the Sony music app. It says it has been transferred but it is noon on the unit. I am confused. Any help would be appreciated.
If using a microSD card, much simpler to take the microSD card out, and put it into a card reader, plug it into a PC to do the transfer. All music must go into the "music" folder, whether it is internal memory or microSD card, as Sony only scans music from this folder.

May 5, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #2,677 of 2,677
Six months after purchase in Japan, I now enjoy my ZX707 with a Focal Elegia w/ Maze balanced 4.4mm. Good combo, even if some EQ and running-in needed.

And to answer posts above, no issue with Android File Transfer on Mac (not the app of the decade neither).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back