SONY NW-ZX500
Dec 6, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #7,804 of 8,639
😁You right. Should be fun going to take me a while
No need to worry about it. Just use it normally, and when putting it away, leave it on for the burn in. I put the earphones into a desk drawer to muffle the sound, select a song with a strong bass beat, set the volume to a little louder than for normal listening, and put the song on repeat (press the symbol beside the FWD soft button).
Some people are patient and will just use it and let it burn in over weeks/months. I am not patient, so prefer to get the burn in done quickly. Also, it is a good test of the DAP while it is new, and while the warranty is still in force. If there are going to be any problems, the burn in will help to show them up early.

Dec 6, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #7,805 of 8,639
No need to worry about it. Just use it normally, and when putting it away, leave it on for the burn in. I put the earphones into a desk drawer to muffle the sound, select a song with a strong bass beat, set the volume to a little louder than for normal listening, and put the song on repeat (press the symbol beside the FWD soft button).
Some people are patient and will just use it and let it burn in over weeks/months. I am not patient, so prefer to get the burn in done quickly. Also, it is a good test of the DAP while it is new, and while the warranty is still in force. If there are going to be any problems, the burn in will help to show them up early.
Great advice. Did it today and got about 13hrs at max volume out the 3.5 jack

Dec 6, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #7,806 of 8,639
PXL_20211206_232052456.jpg

It definitely feels good in the hand. I like the odd shape big and clunky players but this thing is slick.

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #7,809 of 8,639
I am kind of hesitating between getting me a ZX507 or a Fiio M11 Plus Ltd.
Would anyone be kind enough to discourage me (or encourage me) towards one or the other?

I mainly listen to hip hop, but not exclusively either.
Between fiio m15 and zx507 there can be a consideration. However m11pro is out of question. (Based on reviews)
Of course, I assume u don't want a bright sounding dap. U said u listed hip hop. Quite warm style music.

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #7,810 of 8,639
Between fiio m15 and zx507 there can be a consideration. However m11pro is out of question. (Based on reviews)
Of course, I assume u don't want a bright sounding dap. U said u listed hip hop. Quite warm style music.
M11 pro is inferior to the Plus - it's next tier up sq wise (and faster os/processor). The Plus I found more musical and pleasant plus technically superior. It still a studio neutral precision machine though for the most part. If the Pro is a BMW the Plus is a Merc. The ZX507 is a Renault Clio Sport (lot of fun maybe more so than the Germans, but.. )

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #7,811 of 8,639
That's good to know. I actually sold my nwa55- it was nice with modded fw but it's output impedance didn't work with Andromedas. I'm just interested in ultimate sound quality, zx507 Vs WM1A - impression I get is that they are just a little too close (with iems)
WM1A will always be better regarding SQ
However, difference is not huge.
ZX507 offer very decent quality comparable to wm1A.
Maybe just slightly more warm signature.
U should listen to it!
Wm1A was a 1st DAP I ve ever listened to.
Amazing sounds.
However it's quite bulky.
I don't think it would be comfortable to keep it in the pocket of ur jeans 👖.

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #7,812 of 8,639
M11 pro is inferior to the Plus - it's next tier up sq wise (and faster os/processor). The Plus I found more musical and pleasant plus technically superior. It still a studio neutral precision machine though for the most part. If the Pro is a BMW the Plus is a Merc. The ZX507 is a Renault Clio Sport (lot of fun maybe more so than the Germans, but.. )
Oh, i see u asked about m11 "plus"
I thought about m11 "pro"
Those chi-fi brands are mad with their designations😂😂
"Pro" "plus" very confusing. Sorry. Never heard about m11 plus before this day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back