SONY NW-ZX500
Jun 12, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #3,766 of 8,639
So basically, I am better off downloading MQA and playing them back via the Walkman app than paying for a MQA streaming subscription (if audio quality is my top priority).

So long as you do it legally, I say yes for the ZX507. With the Hiby R3 Pro the stream sounds identical to the offline file. If your purely into Audio Quality then technically a 24/192 FLAC (lossless) is better than its smaller MQA equivalent (a bit lossy). Some say the MQA could still be better as it deals with noise and some other improvements (timing/harmonics?).

For me the ZX507 is still letting Android OS handle the audio for apps other than Sony's own Walkman App and Android OS doesn't do job as good, be it 16/44 or 32/192 scaling.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #3,767 of 8,639
I don't think it's right to give a price to a product based on hardware only.

Sony ZX507 is a full fledged Google licenced Android product which will cost more than the custom hiby OS.

I am able to download an app from the play store to real time convert my .wav files on the sdcard into FLAC files without the need for PC. And also download an ID tag editor and do music labeling all within my zx507.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #3,768 of 8,639
I don't think it's right to give a price to a product based on hardware only.

Sony ZX507 is a full fledged Google licenced Android product which will cost more than the custom hiby OS.

I am able to download an app from the play store to real time convert my .wav files on the sdcard into FLAC files without the need for PC. And also download an ID tag editor and do music labeling all within my zx507.
Thats why I said cost "in-hand". The actual cost is obviously much higher.

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #3,769 of 8,639
This pairing has been surprisingly GREAT!

j3S36LP.jpg

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #3,771 of 8,639
Very surprising seeing as you have no wires :relaxed:

Bet dead silent background noise!
I listen to music with my imagination.

Jun 12, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #3,772 of 8,639
Any idea of how Hiby R6pro would sound in comparison? And are there different version of the Hiby like the 507 (EU cap or not)?
So if one is a bit stingy - and have a Sony nw zx2 - and like streaming TIDAL (not more possible on zx2) then the R3 Pro would be an excellent choice?

Jun 12, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #3,773 of 8,639
So if one is a bit stingy - and have a Sony nw zx2 - and like streaming TIDAL (not more possible on zx2) then the R3 Pro would be an excellent choice?

All I can say is the Hiby R3Pro exceeds expectations if you only need Tidal streaming and not offline, and your own tracks. If you want Tidal MQA with full unfold its a serious consideration.

PM if need any more as need to keep focus on ZX500 series in thread now. I only compared to R3Pro as got more or less same time as ZX507.

** Caution. Hiby coded their own Tidal Add-in a bit like how UAPP use to stream Tidal. As not official app who knows if Tidal block usage this way at some point.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #3,774 of 8,639
Spotify still randomly stops. I have tried all the tweaks suggested. The only thing I can think of is Background Process Limit in developer mode. Options are Standard Limit, no background processes and then at most 1/2/3/4. My questions is what is the Standard limit? Or rather if I select at most 4 is this more than the Standard Limit?

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #3,776 of 8,639
Spotify still randomly stops. I have tried all the tweaks suggested. The only thing I can think of is Background Process Limit in developer mode. Options are Standard Limit, no background processes and then at most 1/2/3/4. My questions is what is the Standard limit? Or rather if I select at most 4 is this more than the Standard Limit?

I had the same issue a while back but someone told me the settings and I have issue since. You may want to scan through the old pages.

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #3,777 of 8,639
Very surprising seeing as you have no wires :relaxed:

Bet dead silent background noise!
What model are those? And what is the next BT codec they have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back