SONY NW-ZX500
Sep 7, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #166 of 8,639
1) Yes, it runs Android so it will (The ZX300 really was not much of a disaster as you think)
2) Don't know as it's not officially out, but there might not be
3) Play Store is supported so APKs shouldn't be necessary

Again, why can't you just get an Android phone? If you're only going to use this with Bluetooth headphones it's not worth spending over $800 on this, which is only wasting your money even more. Even then I'm confident you'll find some sort of issue with this player. I've been trying to suggest this to you for the 5th time now but you just refuse to listen, even though there's no real purpose in getting a device like this based on your use case
Some people don't want to learn lol. Let him waste his money.

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #169 of 8,639
A good android phone costs the same.... dudes....
Not quite, although it is true that the best are almost a thousand bucks, there are still plenty of good ones for around ~$300

You could just use the phone you already have, though.
Apparently he doesn't have one I think. I don't know how he gets by as a smartphone is arguably one of the most helpful things one could have in this day and age

Sep 7, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #172 of 8,639
This small tiny mini pipi oh is so cute. I'll give it as a gift to my 11 years old nephew to play with some Walkman iems. Ouli, mini, sipi, mini, cute. Is so cute. Lol
You sure you'd want to give it to your 11 year old? The ZX500 is a higher end audiophile DAP after all, the A100 might suit him better

Sep 7, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #173 of 8,639
Things I'm still not happy with ZX500 which could be improved :-
1) rounded bottom (ZX300's design is sexier)
2) no SEARCH function that you can type in
3) worse battery life than ZX300
4) no GAPLESS function between tracks
5) parametric EQ like DX220 would be nice
6) voltage on SE & balanced ports still 50 mW & 200 mW respectively - slightly higher would be nice to drive higher impedance headphones

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #175 of 8,639
Things I'm still not happy with ZX500 which could be improved :-
1) rounded bottom (ZX300's design is sexier)
2) no SEARCH function that you can type in
3) worse battery life than ZX300
4) no GAPLESS function between tracks
5) parametric EQ like DX220 would be nice
6) voltage on SE & balanced ports still 50 mW & 200 mW respectively - slightly higher much be nice to drive higher impedance headphones
Has Gapless been an issue for you? For my ZX300 there hasn't been any problems there. And yea considering it's an Android device Sony should implement a search function as it has a keyboard now

Sep 7, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #176 of 8,639
You sure you'd want to give it to your 11 year old? The ZX500 is a higher end audiophile DAP after all, the A100 might suit him better

It drives me nuts when I hear parents talking about their 3 year old playing on their iPad. I'm like What the brat should be eating dirt and playing with blocks at that age :)

I saw a lady in a checkout line ahead of give her toddler her iPhone because it was squirming around. The the mutant promptly threw it on the floor and broke the screen.

I snickered and thought, you deserved that you yup head retard :)

Sep 7, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #177 of 8,639
Don't want to offense anybody.
Can't compete against hiby r6 pro, m11 or m11 pro or ibasso dx220.
It's ridiculously pricey.
Only reason to buy is for its looking or because is pocketable ?.. Maybe can compete with AK SR15? Another ridiculously pricey player.? Idk.

Sep 7, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #179 of 8,639
From that specs I'm not excited.
Let's see what owners will say.
Maybe I change my mind and decide to buy it and keep it from instead thinking giving it as a gift to my 11 years old nephew.
Lol

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #180 of 8,639
Has Gapless been an issue for you? For my ZX300 there hasn't been any problems there. And yea considering it's an Android device Sony should implement a search function as it has a keyboard now
Would be nice to have GAPLESS, bro.. Just like on Spotify and other DAPs..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back