SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Dec 5, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #587 of 2,453
so... i pulled the trigger, hopfully i will have it here in spain before xmas.

I loved the A15 (before mine went missing) and the 35mW per channel is just what it needed to fix the shortcommings of the A15.

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #588 of 2,453
I demo'd an A35 few days ago but it seems that it was not reading my uSD card, only 8gb with 320kbps mp3 files. Do I need to reformat the card in order for me to try it? Similar thing happened when I tried to demo a PCM-D100.

@for the owners

does the UI lag/chop if the A35 is loaded with alot of songs? The demo unit only has 12 songs navigating it was a bit choppy.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #589 of 2,453
I demo'd an A35 few days ago but it seems that it was not reading my uSD card, only 8gb with 320kbps mp3 files. Do I need to reformat the card in order for me to try it? Similar thing happened when I tried to demo a PCM-D100.

@for the owners

does the UI lag/chop if the A35 is loaded with alot of songs? The demo unit only has 12 songs navigating it was a bit choppy.

The sd card needs to have a MUSIC folder so that the walkman can read it. With the new fw, it's a bit sluggish compared to smartphone. But it's not lagging/hanging.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #591 of 2,453

@for the owners

I have about 5500 songs on my A36HN (probably 95% FLAC) and it does not lag. I wouldn't say it is as snappy as a new Apple or Android Smartphone, but by no means is it sluggish.

I am very happy with it and I agree with the above statement; that the A30 series does sound similar to the ZX100.

And for those reluctant to order from Accessory Jack, I wouldn't worry. This is my 3rd order from AJ and each time has been flawless; I got my A36HN delivered to the Western US in less than A week.

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #593 of 2,453
The sd card needs to have a MUSIC folder so that the walkman can read it. With the new fw, it's a bit sluggish compared to smartphone. But it's not lagging/hanging.

oh okay! i gues its time to go back to the store then xD

I have about 5500 songs on my A36HN (probably 95% FLAC) and it does not lag. I wouldn't say it is as snappy as a new Apple or Android Smartphone, but by no means is it sluggish.

I am very happy with it and I agree with the above statement; that the A30 series does sound similar to the ZX100.

And for those reluctant to order from Accessory Jack, I wouldn't worry. This is my 3rd order from AJ and each time has been flawless; I got my A36HN delivered to the Western US in less than A week.

thanks guys regarding the UI, yeah I do not expect it to be as fast as a smartphone, but the demo unit i tried is certainly faster than my friend's zx2... lol

-----------------

another question, does the A35 have line out (wm port?) and optical out (wm port too?)

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #594 of 2,453

@for the owners

Lag isn't so bad. I have an almost full 128 gig SD card loaded and its not so bad with the latest firmware.I was worried that it might be annoying... so far I'm quite happy with the interface and responsiveness. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #595 of 2,453
Yes it does :)

does the A30 series have a 'recently added' folder?

both my F series Walkman players have this feature (F807 and F887) but my A-17 does not which is why i'm wondering if the A-30 series does.
it's a nice feature to have especially when you've just added a bunch of new releases and can't remember all of them off the top of your head a day or two later

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #596 of 2,453
wow... i ordered at AJ and i was expecting EMS and seeing it next month if i was lucky.

They sent it fedex and its going to be delivered next monday, the only thing... im going to get molested import duty wise.

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #597 of 2,453
Can anyone confirm whether or not the NW-A35 supports inline headline remote functions such as volume control and track selections? I have the A-25, and aside from the low volume output, the lack of this is what bugs me more than anything. I've tried at least five separate headphones on the A-25 and the inline remote doesn't work on any of them. Even the Fiio X1 Gen 2 supports this feature now.

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #599 of 2,453
Can anyone confirm whether or not the NW-A35 supports inline headline remote functions such as volume control and track selections? I have the A-25, and aside from the low volume output, the lack of this is what bugs me more than anything. I've tried at least five separate headphones on the A-25 and the inline remote doesn't work on any of them. Even the Fiio X1 Gen 2 supports this feature now.

Xiaomi piston 3's inline buttons doesn't work on mine.

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #600 of 2,453
  does this have a line out through the Walkman port? just curious? would love to get a lineout cable if it does work.

Not sure, in our FB group, some say that it does have line out and usb out via the WM port. It needs this though https://www.amazon.com/Sony-WMC-NWH10-Conversion-Cable-Output/dp/B00FF086HE. And in the settings, it has an "output settings" it also has gain levels there for "DSD" files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back