New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC
Jun 18, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #347 of 401
7oZZPLP.jpg

Finally, Spotify support for the HAPZ1ES :D

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #351 of 401
I am selling a UDA-1 that I have had laying around for a while now. I ended up getting a Audio-gd Master 11 a while back so the UDA-1 is not being used at the moment . Great little amp/DAC solution for headphones AND speakers that has served me really well. PM if you are interested in it.

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #352 of 401
  USB HUB Now supported!!!

1. Name: Firmware update v17384R for HAP-S1 / HAP-Z1ES
  2. Date released: 16-06-2016

So -am I the only person who is finding problems with this new firmware?

The most obvious issue is that now my HAP-S1 will randomly repeat songs. Sometimes it's the first, or second or third song in an album etc. Just repeats it one time and then continues. But - this happens with every single album that I play. Tried 24/192 - DSD - and various FLAC albums all have the same issue.

Other problem is that if I go by artist - and then list the songs in an album - if I scroll quickly the scroll will wrap around right up to the top of the song list again - instead at stopping at the bottom of the song list - which it does if I scroll slower.

This is all being controlled from the unit itself.

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #353 of 401
My HAP-1ZSE is going to repair after this firmware,coincidence? because I have a nice line across the front display.

Jul 6, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #354 of 401
My HAP-1ZSE is going to repair after this firmware,coincidence? because I have a nice line across the front display.

I've got about 4 lines across my display screen constantly. ( HAP-S1 ) It's been like it for quite sometime now, certainly within a year of purchase. I was going to return the player at the time, but didn't want the hassle.
Everything plays & transfers ok though....but really annoying to look at the display.

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #355 of 401
I m anal so I couldn't live with it, but at 2K cost, I don't want to have to stare at those lines.
At the retail shop I have one HAP-S1 with 3 lines across the unit and it happened right after and during a firmware update.

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #357 of 401
no... bu once that line rears its ugly head its the display that for whatever reason needs to be replaced which is what I was told by the ES-tech line.
How do you roll back the firmware? I m suppose to send it tomorrow, but Ill try it first if it works great.

Jul 6, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #358 of 401
  no... bu once that line rears its ugly head its the display that for whatever reason needs to be replaced which is what I was told by the ES-tech line.
How do you roll back the firmware? I m suppose to send it tomorrow, but Ill try it first if it works great.

Read this post I made - the information is in there from Sony...

Near the bottom - enter 'special mode' and it should be in there somewhere it sounds like....

I haven't personally tried it...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/680611/new-sony-high-end-dsd-gear-including-a-usb-dac/330#post_12657012

Good luck... would be great it it worked....

Jul 6, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #359 of 401
  USB HUB Now supported!!!

1. Name: Firmware update v17384R for HAP-S1 / HAP-Z1ES
  2. Date released: 16-06-2016
  3. Benefits and improvements: 
    1. Spotify Connect features are now supported
    2. A USB hub can now be used for connecting both 1 HDD drive and 1 CD drive
    3. The Wake On LAN function is now supported
  4. Important notes:
    1. If you are using an HDD Audio Remote, you need to update the HDD Audio Remote too.
    2. The latest HDD Audio Remote will not support mobile devices running “Android 3.x or earlier” and “iOS 5 or earlier”. You won't be able to operate this product from such mobile devices if you update it to the latest firmware version. If you wish to go on operating your unit with HDD Audio Remote on such a mobile device, please: 
      1. Revert the firmware to the previous version, using the “Restore Previous Version” function in “Special Mode*”, in case you have already performed the update, or
      2. Update the OS of your mobile device to a later version than the ones described above
      *To enter “Special Mode”, while the unit is on standby, please hold the HOME button on the main unit and press the POWER button.

What is in the "Special Mode"? 

I own two HPA-Z1es with 2TB internal HD. Zero issues and I want to buy a third unit.

Jul 6, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #360 of 401
I just tried thank you for the information, however it didn't help and the line is still there. I appreciate the help thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back