New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC
Sep 7, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #377 of 401
Sony has finally owned up to the horizontal line on displays issue. Hope this helps.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/news-item.pl?mdl=HAPZ1ES&news_id=501

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #378 of 401
So I am impatiently awaiting delivery of my HAP S-1 along with the Beyerdynamic T1. It's been years since I bought my HD 600s and ASL MG Head Mk II. So here's my question for the owners of the HAP S-1. Would pairing the Sony with the old ASL tube amp be a good pairing (in theory)? Obviously I will be testing it out myself. I guess my real question is, will I also need a DAC in this mix or are you finding satisfaction with the DAC in the HAP S-1?

Thanks,
Tom

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #379 of 401
Sony has finally owned up to the horizontal line on displays issue. Hope this helps.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/news-item.pl?mdl=HAPZ1ES&news_id=501

Thanks for this info. I assume this applies to all countries ? My HAP-S1 has about 6 lines across the screen. I'm really annoyed about it, but feel like i can't be bothered with the hassle of return. ( Do Sony arrange collections ? )

Sep 29, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #380 of 401
I have my UDA-1 for sale! Priced to sell but feel free to hit me up with a offer :)

Oct 1, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #381 of 401
Have had my HAP-S1 for a couple of weeks and generally love it. I do have a question about going in and doing things on the internal drive. Can you move folders around on the drive without totally screwing up the system? I have made a mess of the music files on my Mac. Between iTunes throwing stuff everywhere and my downloaded hi-res files, the file system on the HAP is a bit of a mess. Is it safe to clean it up some or will I create problems?

Thanks,
Tom

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #382 of 401
You could always organize your music files accordingly and then factory reset the HAP. Then transfer all your files back into the HAP.

Oct 2, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #383 of 401
That's true Dionysus. Although I'm not sure I want to go through that pain again. But the incredibly messy file structure on the HAP drive makes me crazy. I definitely found out you can't move things around yourself in there. Delete only apparently. When I tried to move an album folder for one album it told me the operation would take nine hours. Decided to abort...ha ha.

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #384 of 401
Anyone have much experience with the Uda-1 hd650 combo? Thanks :smile:

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #386 of 401
Is it a good pairing? Not sure if I want to sell my uda 1 right now and am looking at getting the 650.

Oct 3, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #387 of 401
Is it a good pairing? Not sure if I want to sell my uda 1 right now and am looking at getting the 650.

I personally think the UDA-1 is one of the better pairings with the 650 as the latter is quite dark sounding. The UDA-1 has a more treble focused signature via its HP output which cuts that haziness and makes the 650 more energetic.

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #388 of 401
Thanks, I might take the uda-1 in and do a test if I have time.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #389 of 401
Am I the only one having trouble with the iOS app for the HAP-S1 not wanting to connect to the unit at times? Like it can't find it. Then I have to go and manually turn the unit on, then re-start the app. Is this common?

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #390 of 401
Hi Guys, has anyone had any trouble with HAP Transfer ( HAP-S1 ) softwear, i.e. Says the number of files to transfer, green bar starts, then i keep getting a message saying....."The selected device is not connected. The files can't be copied. Please confirm the power of the device and connection"

Network status says connected, on the player itself. Any help, much appreciated !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back