New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC
Dec 6, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #286 of 401
Curious if anyone owns the MAP-S1.  I have mine connected to a Winbook TW802 (one of the few tablets with a full size USB port) running JRiver MC20. Paired with a set of SS-HA1 speakers and I finally got my spouse's seal of approval.

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #287 of 401
  Curious if anyone owns the MAP-S1.  I have mine connected to a Winbook TW802 (one of the few tablets with a full size USB port) running JRiver MC20. Paired with a set of SS-HA1 speakers and I finally got my spouse's seal of approval.

The MAP-S1 looks like its built like a tank

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #292 of 401
I have to say that the ability to burn CD's in FLAC right to the drive of the HAP-S1 is killer. I am now going to need to attach an external HD as previously I have not converted all of my CD library because it was such a hassle and only had my most listened to music there in digital.
This changes all that.

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #294 of 401
  I have to say that the ability to burn CD's in FLAC right to the drive of the HAP-S1 is killer. I am now going to need to attach an external HD as previously I have not converted all of my CD library because it was such a hassle and only had my most listened to music there in digital.
This changes all that.

Yeah, this is a killer feature. Have you used it a lot? I'm curious as to how it works and what options are avialble when you burn directly. Like, can you join tracks or anything fancy like that?
Thanks.

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #295 of 401
Essential you have 2 options Wav and Flac. And you can also have it burn slow and fast meaning it will burn your cd with more error correction at the slow burn option. Hope that helps as far as other cd burn options, this is what I remember and I've burn 20 or 30 plus cd thus far.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #297 of 401
Essential you have 2 options Wav and Flac. And you can also have it burn slow and fast meaning it will burn your cd with more error correction at the slow burn option. Hope that helps as far as other cd burn options, this is what I remember and I've burn 20 or 30 plus cd thus far.

Does your cd drive have external power? Mine needs to draw power from the USB bus, and it works up until it's time to actually rip the disc - and then it won't actually fire up and rip it - just sits there no matter what disc I try. I'm guessing it's a power issue since the instructions on screen even say connect cd drive with external power :wink:

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #298 of 401
Well I use the Apple USB Super drive no issue, just plug to the USB hub on the Sony HAP1Z and I'm good.

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #300 of 401
Different CD/DVD drives can have different power draws, and burning needs more than reading/ripping, so results may vary because of those factors.

Sony specifically mentions using a CD/DVD drive with external power supply because most likely their USB ports were not designed with this amount of power draw in mind. If you don't have such a drive, you can try using a powered USB hub (i.e. with its own power supply) as an intermediary between the USB-powered drive and the HAP.
(Alas can not confirm because all my ripping & burning is computer-based, I only transfer the final files strictly for playback)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back