New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC
Apr 16, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #211 of 401
Audio wise, I love this player, but softwear wise, it's a pain at times ! I'm just doing the update now, which has been stuck at 36% done, for the last 10 minutes now !! ( Looks like i'll have to cancel it ! )

By the way, nice looking set up !

Apr 16, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #212 of 401
Thanks man, it seems they updated the firmware, iphone software and the mac desktop app at the same time.
finally got my monitor arm and iMac connected,

[VIDEO]

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #213 of 401
Not sure if anybody has had trouble with the Audio Remote app for iPhone / Android, but Sony released an update recently that fixed the issues I had with it (losing / dropping connection). Works perfectly now!

Couldn't be happier with the HAP-S1...

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #214 of 401
Is the fixed-volume line-out proving an issue for anyone else? Mistakenly I didn't realize it was fixed when I bought it. I utilize speakers in my desktop setup quite a bit and have always had active ones (with individual volume knobs often on the back of the speakers). Is there an easy and cheap way around this?

Jul 19, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #216 of 401
  Has anyone purchased any of Sony's Hi Res speaker range, with the HAP-S1 ? If so, is it worth the upgrade ?

Not sure what you mean by upgrade as the HAP-S1 is sold without speakers, at least in my local market. That said, I do use the Sony SRS-X9 Ultra Hi-Res Bluetooth Speaker. It is compact and accepts inputs well beyond the needs of the HAP-S1. I chose it to address space limitations, accept input from the HAP-S1, my Mac Pro, and bluetooth from assorted portable devices. It has exceeded my expectations and, for the most part, Sony has been good with software updates for it along with the HAP-S1 and apps to remotely operate the entire system. While I am pleased with the HAP-S1 as a source, best performance is by feeding the HAP-S1 with optical input from the Mac Pro and back out to the high res speaker. The speaker has an on board amp and is connected by line out only so the HAP-S1 amp is not in use.  Don't know if this will help you but it is one of the alternates for the HAP-S1.

Jul 19, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #217 of 401

Not sure what you mean by upgrade as the HAP-S1 is sold without speakers, at least in my local market. That said, I do use the Sony SRS-X9 Ultra Hi-Res Bluetooth Speaker. It is compact and accepts inputs well beyond the needs of the HAP-S1. I chose it to address space limitations, accept input from the HAP-S1, my Mac Pro, and bluetooth from assorted portable devices. It has exceeded my expectations and, for the most part, Sony has been good with software updates for it along with the HAP-S1 and apps to remotely operate the entire system. While I am pleased with the HAP-S1 as a source, best performance is by feeding the HAP-S1 with optical input from the Mac Pro and back out to the high res speaker. The speaker has an on board amp and is connected by line out only so the HAP-S1 amp is not in use.  Don't know if this will help you but it is one of the alternates for the HAP-S1.

Thanks for your reply.

I've had the HAP-S1, for sometime now, connected to my old Sony amp, speakers, that are more than 10 years old now. ( well the speakers are ! )
I'd been looking at the range of Sony Hi Res, bookshelf speakers. ( SS-HW1 ) I'd actually looked at the SRS-X9, only in the last few days, and considered that has a option, a more versatile one, even ?
I'm just not sure if I've truly been getting the best audio from my old Sony speakers, and I'm sure I would benefit from a speaker upgrade ?

( I don't have a Mac Pro. )

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #224 of 401
Received my Uda today from the woot special the other day. Very pleased with it. Although this is my first piece of gear with a retail over 400 dollars and I dont have anything to compare it to in this price range. The build quality is solid too. Very happy with my purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back