NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos
Sep 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #16 of 77
Quote:
MORE RECESSED?!?!?!? how is that possible, I can barley listen to the xb500 as it is.

I think Sony is de-evolving a bit with these sound-wise, turning into Beats-mimicking cave men "ug, we more like Beats, look more pretty, sound more dookie, we get more paper with funny face on them, ug."  Either that or this is the long-awaited retribution for Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Either way, I am NOT amused.

Sep 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #17 of 77
Quote:

I think Sony is de-evolving a bit with these sound-wise, turning into Beats-mimicking cave men "ug, we more like Beats, look more pretty, sound more dookie, we get more paper with funny face on them, ug."  Either that or this is the long-awaited retribution for Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Either way, I am NOT amused.

Sounds right to me
mad.gif

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #19 of 77
Spent some time with the XB600 this evening. I think I recognize the sound signature from the Beats Studio. Hot highs and boomy bass. Midrange is recessed. I think the Beats Studio has slightly more controlled boom in the bass, but are very close.

I haven't opened the XB800 yet. I will do that in the morning.

Sep 29, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #20 of 77
Quote:
Where is the review of the 800's!!??

Feel free to write one up!!??

Dude's only had it for a few hours, and he's got a life.  We'll all have to wait until he's good and ready (or we can go buy our own). 

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #21 of 77
Quote:
Spent some time with the XB600 this evening. I think I recognize the sound signature from the Beats Studio. Hot highs and boomy bass. Midrange is recessed. I think the Beats Studio has slightly more controlled boom in the bass, but are very close.
I haven't opened the XB800 yet. I will do that in the morning.

blink.gif

Sep 29, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #22 of 77
I'm looking forward to hearing about the 800.  I have been looking at that one since it hit the website.  I still rank my XB700 right up there with my favorite headphones.  Definitely will be watching for some thoughts. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #25 of 77
Any first impressions of the 800 yet?  I saw your video said there will be a comparison of the 800 to the 700.  Looking forward to that.  They certainly did a major overhaul of design. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #26 of 77
Looking forward to the review of both! Although given that you say the XB600 mids are even MORE recessed, the XB800 might be the ones I'll have to go with. I loved the XB500s and the XB700s, and these are so damn attractive, I hope they turn out well :)

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #28 of 77
Quote:
dear HiFi, how did the comparisson go ?

Hey HiFiGuy, might wanna shoot out some impressions soon.  I think electrosuite means to be on ya like white on rice until you do. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #30 of 77
oh god, sony.What have you become? They LOOK nice, I'm not too big on the On ear design but that mini review of the XB600 made my cringe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back