New Shure SE210 IEMs + Black "Foamies": Exclusive Pics
Mar 6, 2007 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Head-Fier
Here´re some pics of the new Shure SE210 isolation earphones and the new "hybrid-foamies", which seem to be more like chewing gum than foam:

se01gh5.jpg

tips01bs1.jpg

tips02yq9.jpg

tips03xt1.jpg

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 13
A complete review on the new SE210 will be released exclusively in April @ cyberbloc.de (only in German language).

But here are my first impressions:

1) quite a bit bassier than the E4
2) cut-down highs (the same problem: E3)
3) not as clear sound as the E4
4) ... it sounds definitly a little bit better than E3, BUT most of E3´s problems still remain (nearly no treble and cut-down highs, BUT bass has a improved a lot)
5) the new "foamies" isolate a lot better and you won´t even notice them inside your ear! perfect!

EDIT:

Pro (SE210):
1) cable-design (using a cable extension like the other SE-IEMs and the E500)
2) cable adjustment is a lot better (remember the transparent thing on the E-Series)

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 13
Huh, the difference from small to medium is subtle, but from medium to large is pretty big. Thanks for the pics.

Apr 2, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by db_cyberbloc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5) the new "foamies" isolate a lot better and you won´t even notice them inside your ear! perfect!

Do you think you could establish from this early point that they would last longer than the current yello and orange foams?

Apr 2, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by FunnyPhunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think you could establish from this early point that they would last longer than the current yello and orange foams?

yes, we would like to know! and perhaps in the future...can you let us know what kind of deterioration goes on after use? hardening, peeling, curling, molding, etc....?

Jul 12, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #9 of 13
in your opinion..what is the best tip to use? black foamies (they kinda hurt)...the clear ones..or the rubber gray ones? assuming they all fit properly

Jul 12, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by FunnyPhunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They last soooooooo much longer. As in, Ive been using them for months on all of my IEMs, and am still on the first pair for each. I went through a pair of yellow foamies about every week or so. These simply dont die. When they get dirty wipe them off and youre good to go again.

Jul 12, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #11 of 13
Agreed, the black foamies are amazing. I read on here not to wash them in very cold water though, use lukewarm water as ice cold water can burst the little bubbles in the foam.

Jul 12, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiguy411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So at the end of the day, would you pick the SE210 or E4?

E4 by a margin of ninetybajillion (plus the nozzles are replaceable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back