New Shure IEMs Satisfy!
Jul 26, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the trick is the perfect seal and having custom's you get spoiled with the sound and beauty of what a great iem can do when its setup rite. I find universal Iem's (not custom) very hard to work with mainly cause of comfort VS seal or my weird ear canals. The Shure Black foams are not only close the seal of a custom but I tried and tried (even while listening in the Jacuzzi) to break seal but I can not, also the comfort is the best out of any tip i ever used (comfort is good but not as great as a custom of course).

I, for some reason, find the the rubber gray ones to produce a much better seal than the black foamies, however, I hate that suction cup feeling...almost feels like I'm going to rupture my TM if I pull it out too fast....do you guys think this is a real danger?

Which sleeves do you think produces better bass? Thanks soo much

Eyecon

Jul 26, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyecon82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I, for some reason, find the the rubber gray ones to produce a much better seal than the black foamies, however, I hate that suction cup feeling...almost feels like I'm going to rupture my TM if I pull it out too fast....do you guys think this is a real danger?

Which sleeves do you think produces better bass? Thanks soo much

Eyecon

Pull up and away on the top of the ear to break the seal before you pull the IEM out.

Jul 27, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #19 of 23
A tip for IEMs and airplane flights. If you get a good seal, it is a good idea to take them out as you begin your descent.
eek.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrandt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A tip for IEMs and airplane flights. If you get a good seal, it is a good idea to take them out as you begin your descent.
eek.gif

I heard that actually keeping them in the entire flight from take-off to landing will prevent the "ear popping"

any truth to this? I haven't had a chance to try it out just yet

Aug 28, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #21 of 23
Except that the last time I was on a flight they made you take any headphones off and put your player away during take off and landing.

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except that the last time I was on a flight they made you take any headphones off and put your player away during take off and landing.

That's what I like about the short cord on the shure's...you can just show them that its not plugged into anything and you are using it purely as a earplug

Aug 29, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyecon82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard that actually keeping them in the entire flight from take-off to landing will prevent the "ear popping"

any truth to this? I haven't had a chance to try it out just yet

Chewing gum helped me with my shure and Sensa decent also just tilting your ear lobe back to break the seal quickly will relieve enough pressure when you feel it building. if you leave them in the pressure can be felt as its built. taking them out and sticking them back in will be annoying as hell after a few times (at least with my customs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back