New Shure IEMs Satisfy!
Mar 9, 2007 at 2:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Tyll Hertsens

Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
Just wanted to post a brief mention that I spent the day yesterday with the new Shure 210, 310, 420, and 530. I am very impressed. This is one of the most cohesive product lines I've experienced. Each headphone is very well balanced and performs above my expectations at price point, and each one sounds better than the next in a very well controlled escalation of quality as you go up the line. Obviously, this is a VERY well thought out line of products, and it seems that Shure has really nailed down how to design and build this type of product. These cans are highly recomendable, and I'm sure many here will spend many hours enjoying thier new found isolation and fidelity.

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #2 of 23
I know they are the "same" product but did you hear a difference between the E500 and SE530?

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 23
Tyll,

I bought the E4 from you guys and it sounds as you describe - I'm fairly happy both with the product and outstanding service.
cool.gif

However, I have toyed with selling the E4 and trying out one of the new products. Which one is comparable to the E4 (perhaps just below the E530?) in terms of price. Does the new one outperform the E4?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 23
I'm a little confused now, in another thread I read that the e500 is the same as the 530, with the addition of some black foamies on the new ones, and the "3" indicating that there are 3 drivers.

Now is there any actual difference in build between the two?

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now is there any actual difference in build between the two?

No. Sugarfried, who is a Shure representative, has said on several occasions that the E500 and E530 are identical.

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #6 of 23
I thought sugarfried said that they all were the same as thier older counterparts in construction. The difference, I thought, was only in looks. Am I wrong, I tend to have a crappy memory for facts.

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 23
When can we start ordering these? I remember it's sometimes this month...

This is going to be a good battle between the UM3 and the SE530 for top non-custom earbuds.

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. Sugarfried, who is a Shure representative, has said on several occasions that the E500 and E530 are identical.

Although we all know that in spite of that fact we'll soon be seeing reports of how the two sound different...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although we all know that in spite of that fact we'll soon be seeing reports of how the two sound different...
rolleyes.gif

Of course
rs1smile.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #11 of 23
I noticed http://shure.com/ just got an update today. (I know because I've been checking back daily in hopes of seeing the new black olive foamies for sale.)

Foamies are nowhere to be seen, but the new SE line is up there. They're "coming soon" -- not for sale just yet.

Jul 16, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyecon82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow..i love how tyll just hypes up his products..and then doesn't answer anyone's questions

You just brought up a 4 month-old post.

Jul 16, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #14 of 23
As I said in another post, I must be one of the few that did find the bass response as good as expected. I think it is a matter of personal opinion. Shure do make good earphones but I still seem to have a bent towards Ultimate Ears line of IEM's, solely because of my love for adequate bass at the low end.
This may not be a response from what is considered a true audiophile say, but one can only state what sounds good to the said individual. It is an individual " thing" for want of a better comment!

Jul 16, 2007 at 8:50 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyecon82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow..i love how tyll just hypes up his products..and then doesn't answer anyone's questions

ALL right.. Where is jbloudg20 with those Moen Faucet's I told him to get? I think where going to need one installed right here!

And to discuss on topic the Shure new stuff is hell of nice, ESP the 420's...
I find them Flat and true to the source as my Custom Sensaphonics 2xs is.
It's a very Studio like earphone in it gives you truly what it gets. Pair it up with a Benchmark Dac and you have yourself a mini Dynaudio mastering studio in your ears..

Of course audiophile's like to color/altar their sound to make it "more enjoyable" and this is Where the 310 and 530's come in on two very different budgets. I have been testing Studio monitors for my "office" setup i am building and I actually am comparing the sound of the monitors i listen to to the 420's running Via Benchmark dac with usb from the laptop...so far Avent and Dynaudio are my fav's..
the 420 is the iem a artist or some one working in a studio would pick.

the trick is the perfect seal and having custom's you get spoiled with the sound and beauty of what a great iem can do when its setup rite. I find universal Iem's (not custom) very hard to work with mainly cause of comfort VS seal or my weird ear canals. The Shure Black foams are not only close the seal of a custom but I tried and tried (even while listening in the Jacuzzi) to break seal but I can not, also the comfort is the best out of any tip i ever used (comfort is good but not as great as a custom of course).

EDIT: I now employee two lighting jock's and they use 420's as monitors for the lighting shows. I still think i need some 530's..HR got any on the Cheap? hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back