New Shure IEM/mobile phone solutions
Jan 23, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #17 of 23
no you cannot buy the microphone seperately from shure. it's one integrated piece, the mic doesn't come off.

tehre is an option for what you want from Skullcandy. but they're products are pretty bad.

I own a treo 650 and the dap on it is decent at best. i would not reccomend buying the treo shure headphones. maybe at most the i2c if u don't have a set of hybrid headphones already. but u'd be just as well off with the hybrid set that Palm sells for $20.

Jan 27, 2006 at 4:17 PM Post #18 of 23
Hi:

I also own a treo 650 and interested in I4C, but I don't want to spend $200 for the IEM that ONLY can be used for treo and not any of my other audio sources...

anyone know if I use a standard 3.5mm (male) to 2.5mm (femal) adaptor, can I4C work with other stereo sources?

thanks.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 27, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Basically a box with a switch that allows you to switch between a microphone and music. You end up hearing the outside world via the microphone.

-Ed

Is the PTH's micro pickup level adjustable? I have a slight hearing deficiency and hope it could be used as hearing assitance.

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #21 of 23
FWIW I emailed Shure and asked them the following question (answers in blue)

1) Do the i-series IEMs pause the file being played when a call is answered or do they just mute it?

the I series earphones do not pause the music for an incoming call. The TREO will though. It will pause the music but it will not resume automatically.

2) Does the i-series in any way incorporate the PTH feature to come with the E500?

the PTH feature can be purchased as a seperate item after the launch in July. It will work alothough it will be a lot of cabling.

3) When answering a call can you hear your own voice to gauge how loud you're talking?

There is not any sidetone (your voice in the earphones) with the I series.

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:37 AM Post #23 of 23
I use this one, which is much less expensive: http://www.eforcity.com/dhantreohs03.html. I can just plug in my UE-10's and listen to music and answer calls on my treo 650. Haha, hifi cellphone talking
very_evil_smiley.gif
. The UE-10's are a little overkill I guess, and it's really weird talking to someone on the phone with IEM's since you can't really hear your own voice due to the isolation. Edit- Oh and on these if you answer the call then the music is paused and when you hang up it resumes. It might also have something to do with the application because I have it set so I can turn the phone off and use other applications if I want to and it will still play music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back