New Shure IEM lineup announced at CES
Jan 14, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #211 of 240
I've read through these posts and am thoroughly confused both about the new Shure IEM's but also the pricing of the older Shure product line.

I was considering the E4c but am hesitant to commit. I noted somewhere in the thread that the list price of the E4C will decrease to $250. I can't think of a reason to purchase now if the prices will be decreasing.

Perhaps Sugarfried will clarify?

Jan 14, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #212 of 240
I don't do sales or set pricing so I can't say what will happen to the existing earphone line, but no price changes have been talked about to my knowledge.

Jan 14, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #214 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=x-small]E4 is not discontinued, and will not be at any point in the next few years.[/size]

Sugarfried, my apologies for assuming the E4 would be discontinued. My post about missing my E4s had a double meaning, since I sold them on last week.

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #216 of 240
Just to be sure:

The E500's will be discontinued, while the new SE530 and SE530PTH, which is the same thing + the olive tips will take its place?

So the SE series will be Shure's flagship models?

Jan 15, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #217 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I honestly can't imagine who'll need the large foamies. They're HUGE.

I just got my hands on some large tips and they work VERY well for the E5. For reference, I use the small tip with my E4. The large tips have brought out detail from my E5s that I didn't know was there.
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #220 of 240
i heard the se420 at macworld (and also had a nice convo with one of the shure reps...very cool guy, though i can't remember his name)...i thought they sounded very nice - the best shure i've ever heard, in fact. the "olive" foamies are nice as well, though they were a PITA to take off the new IEMs b/c they have new ridges on the stems to prevent accidental removal of the tips while in the ear.

i still question the price/performance of the shures, as they're considerably more costly than other alternatives, but i was impressed with the se420, which is much better than previous shure models, IMO.

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #221 of 240
I have a question about E500's warranty, since E500 will be discontinued and replaced by SE530 in the near future.

The question is: If my E500's got broken after this model become discontinued, and I send them in for a new replacement. Will I got the SE530?

Jan 16, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #222 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Holybanana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to be sure:

The E500's will be discontinued, while the new SE530 and SE530PTH, which is the same thing + the olive tips will take its place?

So the SE series will be Shure's flagship models?

More questions-
When wil Shure relese them?

If the lust price of the SE530 without the PTH is 450$, how much will it cost at TTVJ or other good stores?

Jan 16, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #223 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where/when can we get these black olive foamie tips?

the Black foam will not be available until mid to late February. We are on limited supply and only could build enough for the trade shows we attended. Please check back on the website for more details then. thanks

Jan 16, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #225 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the Black foam will not be available until mid to late February. We are on limited supply and only could build enough for the trade shows we attended. Please check back on the website for more details then. thanks

Really wish I could have attended...I'm real curious about the black foamies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back