New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Aug 12, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #496 of 527
  I got them about a week ago, and this is what I think so far:

- They're very comfortable. No complaints here.
- They're certainly fun to listen to, but the sound is definitely V-shaped.
- Bass and treble are awesome. Bass is not too boomy and the trebles are sparkly enough but not fatiguing. So they're great.
- The thing is: The voices. They're more recessed than a lot of other head phones I've listened to, and this bothers me at times.

They're not terrible at all. And for the price I think they sound awesome. But yeah, the voices are very recessed on almost all the songs I've listened to on them.

So.... You choose.
Nice trebles? Go for these ones.
Trebles that are not so good, but EVERYTHING else is awesome? Yamaha EPH-100.

Thanks for writing my CX5.00G impressions 
tongue.gif

Seriously, while not as recessed in the mids as some phones I've owned, I suspect that the 5.00 has more in common with the Momentum In-Ear than I might like to admit after lachlanlikesathing's somewhat lukewarm review of the latter, but it lends weight to the claim that they share the same driver. I'm still happy that I didnt opt for the bassier 3.00G, even if it does stand out as the value option in their lineup. If I had to isolate a possible dealbreaker for some amongst us, it would be that certain tracks sound sibilant with the 5.00 - it really only hit me with Gaga's Artpop last night, and that's not music I spend a lot of time listening to (no argument re her talents - I'm just not as keen on revisiting 80s dance music as she is). I just dont see 'big A' audiophiles opting for either of these earphones - they're clearly aimed at the consumer market and that v-shaped sound cuts through the chatter on a bus/train far more effectively with Gaga than it would with anyone named Krall or Krause 

Enjoy your phones.
beerchug.gif

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #498 of 527
Are these comparable to the shure 215?

I'll only say this in the absence of any further reply - my CX5.00G (very similar housing/eartips) is at least 10 times more comfortable IME than my Shure SE425. As enjoyable as the mids are on the 425, a considerably more expensive earphone than any of the above, I prefer the sound sig of the 5.00 - how close it is to the Momentum In-Ear is a question best left to those who own both.

cx5.00g

Momentum In-Ears

Shure SE215

Another word of warning - as good as the Comply tips are with Shure earphones, dont expect them to last very long. Ultimately, you need to hear both - the 215 is cheaper than the Momentum or the 5.00G here, but YMMV.

Sep 25, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #499 of 527
Sep 27, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #501 of 527
As much as I love the sound quality of my Sennheiser momentum in ears.. I'd never recommend anyone to buy it.. Mind u I'm not a heavy user I use all my audio products very carefully, and i love Sennheiser too most of my audio products have been from them, but these.. Oh man I've never been so disappointed with the built quality of anything,the cable sucks.. It'll get sticky very soon and got cut from multiple places. They look like they are ready to fall apart at any time.. As much as I love the sound of these, I'm never buying them again

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #502 of 527
As much as I love the sound quality of my Sennheiser momentum in ears.. I'd never recommend anyone to buy it.. Mind u I'm not a heavy user I use all my audio products very carefully, and i love Sennheiser too most of my audio products have been from them, but these.. Oh man I've never been so disappointed with the built quality of anything,the cable sucks.. It'll get sticky very soon and got cut from multiple places. They look like they are ready to fall apart at any time.. As much as I love the sound of these, I'm never buying them again

If I can add some perspective based on my time with the CX5.00 and the complaints on the Amazon page for these close cousins of the Momentum, Sennheiser really needed to put more time into both the cable and the design of the right-angled plug. Tepe is holding my cable together but its the first IEM I've owned where I've been able to see the plastic cable protector separating from the metal cable inside 6 months of ownership. Particularly sad when I have a $10 pair of Philips IEMs which have been to hell and back, yet seem to be holding up better than the Senns. Unlike @raymartin, I freely admit that most of my gear lives a hard life, but surely that's going to be the case for most consumer IEMs ? Time to lift your quality control game, Sennheiser, if you want to sell these earphones at this retail sticker price.

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #504 of 527
Hey guys, is anyone else having trouble getting and keeping ear tips for this thing? I've lost my stock tips (at least the ones which will fit my ears). After getting a replacement Momentum on warranty, I lost all those tips as well! I swear these things just fall off and roll away.

I tried digging into my spare tip drawer, and found a few that seemed like they would fit, but in fact come off and leave the tip in my ear. Kindof inconvenient when you're out and about.

Is it too hard to find tips that isolate reasonably and don't fall off? If so, where are you getting yours?

Oct 3, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #505 of 527
  Hey guys, is anyone else having trouble getting and keeping ear tips for this thing? I've lost my stock tips (at least the ones which will fit my ears). After getting a replacement Momentum on warranty, I lost all those tips as well! I swear these things just fall off and roll away.

I tried digging into my spare tip drawer, and found a few that seemed like they would fit, but in fact come off and leave the tip in my ear. Kindof inconvenient when you're out and about.

Is it too hard to find tips that isolate reasonably and don't fall off? If so, where are you getting yours?

You may want to consider Comply's tips: 

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--momentum-in-ear--ear-adapter

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 3, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #506 of 527
Oct 4, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #507 of 527

No issues here after 7 or 8 months of ownership. I bought a replacement pack recently so I'd always have stock; have yet to lose any. I always make sure the stem of the tips completely cover the nozzle. I didn't do that the first time I tried the Comply foam, so I needed my wife to perform an extraction.

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #508 of 527
I love my Momentums except for one thing, the tips are not too comfortable for me, and they keep randomly falling off. I ordered a set of the special Sennheiser Comply tips, but I decided to try something as I was waiting. I had a set of old T-500s lying around that were much too big to fit by themselves. I found out, however, that if you cut the inside part of a pair of stock tips out, you can place them within the Complys to make them fit. Album below.

http://imgur.com/a/wH6Qd

Oct 4, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #509 of 527
My tips came off a couple of times but I'm very careful when I put them back into the, cough, pencil case I use to store my CX5.00 - the Amazon page for those IEMs is filled with complaints from people claiming to have lost 'all the tips'. Mind-boggling that someone would even bother trying to listen with tips that were obviously too small to get anything resembling a decent seal, but there you have it - I wouldnt be an IEM manufacturer for all the tea in Boston.

As annoying as it will be for Sennheiser folk to read this, its another problem I havent experienced with my $10 Philips SHE3590 IEMs, another design that relies on the user's ability to seat the tip properly on the flange of the IEM. I can confirm that Comply tips (mine are Medium) will fit the CX5.00 but when I remove the housings from my ears the tips remain in place - hardly ideal. ljokerl remains my go-to source for tip advice and Google is your friend.

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #510 of 527
Hello All,

Today I think I am getting a sweet deal on the Sennheiser M2 IEI Momentum In-Ear Headphones (Black/Chrome) for Apple products. They will cost me approx 50 USD and I have heard/read about these headphones and they definitely suit my style of music. I don't have an apple product but I plan to use them with my Android phone so I am well aware that the remote won't work but that's not an issue for me since I am only considering them for their SQ. So should I go ahead and take the plunge? Thoughts/feedback appreciated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back