New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Dec 29, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #466 of 527
Better late than never! Just got back from my vacation! 

Quote:
Turns out it went great. Got a new refurbished unit with a new case and everything! (I had previously lost mine on a train...)

Nice job, thanks Sennheiser!

wink_face.gif

Merry Christmas @Rosmadi Mahmood and my fellow MOMENTUM IN-EAR fans!!!

Merry Christmas!!

Thanks @nmatheis! And happy holidays to everyone!   

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jan 11, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #469 of 527
They've arrived and I'm impressed. The highest end IEMs I've tried so far are the UE 600 vi's and these are certainly a step up from those. Buttons works fine so that's good. Hope I don't end up losing them, heh.

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #470 of 527
Stumbled across this excellent discussion whilst trying to find some Comply tips for my new M2 IEi in-ears.
I've just replaced my Shure Se215s (which had Comply T-100s) with these and have added some Comply T-150s to get the ear comfort I'm used to.
Whilst the quality of sounds seems great so far, the volume is considerably lower than I was used to with the Shures.
For example, on my Mac I would previosuly not stray far above 3-5 bars out of 15 total when listening to music. I now have to have it at at least 6 bars if not more. In fact, with my Shures I couldn't bear listening at full volume whereas it's not that loud at all with my M2s.
Equally, on my iphone I end up in the 'red' "High Volume" part of the volume range, which I never did with my Shures.

This may be well known but can anyone confirm whether this is to be expected or whether I may have a duff pair.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #471 of 527
  Stumbled across this excellent discussion whilst trying to find some Comply tips for my new M2 IEi in-ears.
I've just replaced my Shure Se215s (which had Comply T-100s) with these and have added some Comply T-150s to get the ear comfort I'm used to.
Whilst the quality of sounds seems great so far, the volume is considerably lower than I was used to with the Shures.
For example, on my Mac I would previosuly not stray far above 3-5 bars out of 15 total when listening to music. I now have to have it at at least 6 bars if not more. In fact, with my Shures I couldn't bear listening at full volume whereas it's not that loud at all with my M2s.
Equally, on my iphone I end up in the 'red' "High Volume" part of the volume range, which I never did with my Shures.

This may be well known but can anyone confirm whether this is to be expected or whether I may have a duff pair.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have the SE215, but Shure IEMs isolates much better than the Momentum In ear; which means you can achieve the same level of perceived loudness at a lower volume.

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #472 of 527
I have a love-hate relationship with my Momentums.

They have surprisingly good clarity for such a mass consumer-based IEM. I do, however, find their bass vastly bloated and overpowering. The mids are alright, but rather recessed which makes listening to some music a chore. The highs are great, not a complaint there. The soundstage is about average, I'd say.

When used with my Fiio X1, I EQ the bass as low down as it can go and I still find it obtrusive. I do not listen to any type of "bassy" music. I use these on occasion to switch things up, but cannot listen to them for more than an hour a week. lol.

I have noticed a small slit on the top of each IEM and am assuming these are vents?

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #473 of 527
  Great review! I'm a similar age and with similar taste in music, and I've been enjoying my Momentum in-ears on my daily commute for a while now. I would only disagree slightly with your choice of wearing the cables straight down, hooking them over my ears works just fine for me. Also serves to shorten the slightly too long cable.

Agree also that experimenting with tips is a good ideal, although in my case it has been slightly involuntary as the stock tips tend to fall off. At least I've lost a couple of pairs by accident. Currently rocking a random pair of tips I found in my drawer, seems to be slightly better than stock.

Anyone else having trouble with the plug strain relief? The outer layer of the cable is splitting where it enters the strain relief, and I'm about to go back for a warranty replacement. Never done that before, not sure how it will go...

Having the same problem with the outter cable layer where it enters the strain relief. This part should more protected I believe. Going back for a warranty replacement. I use these daily since 3 months back. Check your cables, head-fiers! 

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #474 of 527
Having the same problem with the outter cable layer where it enters the strain relief. This part should more protected I believe. Going back for a warranty replacement. I use these daily since 3 months back. Check your cables, head-fiers! 
[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Mine are exactly the same.
Warranty is no more, since I bought them as soon as they were released.

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #477 of 527
I just switched back to Android (Galaxy S7) from an iPhone, and would really like a 3-button Android remote. These have my eye, but the comments on the cord have my worried about longevity. Anyone else having issues?

My Klipsch AS-5i serve as my warm weather and gym headphones, but the volume control on the iOS remote is now useless for me. I figure the Sennheisers don't have any sweat resistance, right? I have the Xiaomi Pistons and they work fine, just not 100% happy with the seal.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #480 of 527
I'm liking mine so far, but the cord is way too long. I'll pick up a cord wrap somewhere and see if that will help. Last thing I want to do is snag it on my jacket or a bag, then have the buds yank out of my ears and my S7 fall to the ground. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back