New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Aug 25, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #413 of 527
Anyone know how long the Black Chrome version of these have been listed as "coming soon" on Sennheiser's website, or an ETA on when you can actually buy them?  I am ready to pull the trigger, but definitely would rather have the "Black Chrome" over the normal "Black with Red Accents" version.

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #414 of 527
Hi everyone,

Considering to buy Sennheiser Momentum to replace my Yamaha EPH-100 which have broken recently, and I'm going to use them only with the iPhone, but my local seller has only the IEG version in stock (which is promoted as Android version). I know that the IEI control (the iPhone version) won't work with Android devices, but will the IEG-version control work with iPhone?

Also, has anyone tried to compare those to Yamahas? What are your impressions? I really love the way Yamaha sounds, but this is my third pair already, on two of them the right headphone stopped working 2 or 3 months after the warranty end.

Thanks in advance!

Sep 2, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #417 of 527
I received mine last week and I absolutely love them! After having a bad experience with some Bose IE I was reluctant to try earbuds more expensive than $40, but I finally got convinced by the reviews on this site and I am completely satisfied with this purchase.

Sep 6, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #418 of 527
After a few days listening to the M2's i like em very much.
I use mine with a Fiio X3ii and Topping NX1 amp and i like the fun sound. The only thing that bothers me is the bad fit in my ears.
So i am in for a set of foam eartips!
Are the comply foam tips the only tips that fit??

Sep 8, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #419 of 527
Just received my pair and I'm extremely disappointed. Not only they don't work properly with my Z3 (don't worry, I'm already hitting myself for not googling the exact compatibility in advance, when I did discover the middle button wasn't compatible with Z3 the package was already on its way), I decided to open the package and try them because I expected the sound to be so good I could forgive the compatibility issue, but these sound awful to me. These literally sound worse than my 20€ Baldoor E100 earbud, I wish I was kidding but I am not. The sound is muddy with bloated bass and lacks in clarity, mids are also awfully recessed. With no EQ these are flat out unlistenable to me, they sound marginally better than the disgusting headset that came with my phone (Sony MH750) and costs 5€ on Amazon. Maybe they need burn in or maybe I had my expectations too high, I did expect a 100€ IEM with my favourite sound signature to blow my ears off, but so far I only blew 100€ out of my wallet into a falsely advertised product. I'm listening to the Illusions album by Thomas Bergersen in FLAC on my PC (with Asus Xonar DGX) and these sound like complete trash. There is almost no details and the vocals are BEYOND recessed. I'm in absolute disbelief.

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #420 of 527
  Just received my pair and I'm extremely disappointed. Not only they don't work properly with my Z3 (don't worry, I'm already hitting myself for not googling the exact compatibility in advance, when I did discover the middle button wasn't compatible with Z3 the package was already on its way), I decided to open the package and try them because I expected the sound to be so good I could forgive the compatibility issue, but these sound awful to me. These literally sound worse than my 20€ Baldoor E100 earbud, I wish I was kidding but I am not. The sound is muddy with bloated bass and lacks in clarity, mids are also awfully recessed. With no EQ these are flat out unlistenable to me, they sound marginally better than the disgusting headset that came with my phone (Sony MH750) and costs 5€ on Amazon. Maybe they need burn in or maybe I had my expectations too high, I did expect a 100€ IEM with my favourite sound signature to blow my ears off, but so far I only blew 100€ out of my wallet into a falsely advertised product. I'm listening to the Illusions album by Thomas Bergersen in FLAC on my PC (with Asus Xonar DGX) and these sound like complete trash. There is almost no details and the vocals are BEYOND recessed. I'm in absolute disbelief.

Strange, I have completely opposite feelings. For me, these M2s have very clear sound with many details compared to the IEMs I had earlier (I use Note3). They are also the first IEMs that I can use with my PC (Asus Xonar D1) without noticing big difference compared to bigger headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back