New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Feb 15, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #361 of 527
At $89 I decided to give the iOS model a try since the main button works and can give these to my wife after my Z5 gets back, or simply flip these.

Have to say I am enjoying them quite a bit. The sound is decently detailed and the bump in the bass is quite nice. I find them very comfy in ear. But I worry they will need to be adjusted a lot as they don't feel very secure. But I also find I can wear them over ear partially which may help make them more secure and reduce microphonics.

As I type a couple songs have ran and I really like the signature. It is not to bassy and not to bright and even the mids are nice and full, slightly recessed but not to dry or to warm.

I will give these some time. And make some more posts as I use them.

You might want to move the slider closer to your chin, it might make them seem more secure in your ears.

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #362 of 527
Comply Foam tips have been incompatible with the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears but no more! We are launching a compatible tip this Friday on our website (www.complyfoam.com) for those who are interested in having this combo. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!

-Comply Team

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #365 of 527
Having been sent both for review, the CX3.00 and CX5.00 are identical. Housings are different but both seem to incorporate the exact same metal sound tube.

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #366 of 527
  Comply Foam tips have been incompatible with the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears but no more! We are launching a compatible tip this Friday on our website (www.complyfoam.com) for those who are interested in having this combo. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!

-Comply Team

That's really good news. Hopefully they will filter through to Amazon UK. 

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #367 of 527
Can someone please compare the Sennheiser Momentum In Ear with Sony MH1C?? I'm very interested in the sub-bass region, it is notable in the Senn? And the Mic is on the level of Apple Earpods?

Thank you very much :)

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #368 of 527
Can someone please compare the Sennheiser Momentum In Ear with Sony MH1C?? I'm very interested in the sub-bass region, it is notable in the Senn? And the Mic is on the level of Apple Earpods?

Thank you very much
smily_headphones1.gif

I have both. I like Sennheiser more. MH1C seems more muddy in comparison. Sennheiser have better sub-bass, Sony have midbass bloat IMO. Sony seem to have fuller mids. Sennheiser mids are a bit recessed but in this weird manner - you have vocals quite close, but the accompanying music is placed more around. So mids (instruments) aren't really recessed, but they aren't forward, like it is on SONY and other warm, lush sounding headphones. What I like about Senns it's that when you listen to them, you listen to them, they are not relaxing as sonys, they are extremely engaging IMO.
Can't say anything about the MIC though.
I prefer Sennheiser tbh.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #371 of 527
Well, circling back around on this thread. I actually purchased the Xoaomi Piston 2.0s back a while ago and have seemed to worn out the cable. So I'm back in the market for a new set of IEMs. I liked the pistons, good sound for cheap price. So, has anyone got any recent feedback as to how the Senns will compare? Really liked what I had read about these. Just looking for some confirmation before it pull the trigger.

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #373 of 527
I have been using these for about a month with my iPhone 6+. Definitely a bassier sound than I'm used to but I like them.

For the past week or so I've been using them amped with a Fiio E17 (LOD). It may be placebo but I think they sound much better. Bass sounds big but tighter.

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #374 of 527
I have been using these for about a month with my iPhone 6+. Definitely a bassier sound than I'm used to but I like them.

For the past week or so I've been using them amped with a Fiio E17 (LOD). It may be placebo but I think they sound much better. Bass sounds big but tighter.
In the end, do you think it is worth 100$ ??

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #375 of 527
In the end, do you think it is worth 100$ ??

The headphones, yes. I like them.

They are further from neutral than my HE500 or M50s, and even bassier than my GR07BE, but I like them. The bass isn't muddy; I have used them for everything from Sia to atmospheric black metal and I have enjoyed them. The bass is kind of like adding sugar to tea. Some is nice. As opposed to Dre Beats, which are like adding coca-cola.

Only complaint is that the headphone cable is very microphonic, but I have yet to use a headphone that wasn't. It's probably made worse by walking around in a winter coat.

I say give them a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back