New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Jan 15, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #346 of 527
Compared with Shure SE215 & RHA m750i. Found the Sennheisers overly bassy. Others have said its a lot of bass but not bloated or bad. I would say its right on the limit if not past it. A little bit more and it would be in beats territory. Otherwise they sound nice but it was too much imo, returned them.

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #347 of 527
I made some custom sleeves for my set. Holy hell. Could be the virtue of the seal I got, which seems fine, but the bass and overall tonality leveled out a whole heck of a lot. Much less prominent bass, crisper highs, seem more balanced. And of course, the comfort is ridiculously good now.

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #348 of 527
How did you make those? Is there another thread here on head fi about it? I don't want to take this one into the woods. I'm guessing that the bass evens out a bit because these might change our increase the air space between the headphone and the ear. Our change how the seal is.

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #349 of 527
I think you're probably right about that having an influence. It's neat. I used a product from Radians, their custom molded ear plugs. Very straight forward, if a bit fiddly.I used a bit of foam to plug the "barrel", so I wouldn't get silicone inside the ear phone. Had to try a couple times to get it right. 
There are tutorials out there. Instructables.com is one place. 

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #350 of 527
Honestly, I'm quite surprised that this thread isn't longer. There were many much worse pairs of IEM hyped to an extent on head-fi (like JVC FXD80). Makes me wonder how many other good pairs of headphones are out there, but they lack popularity on head-fi, so people don't know them.

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #351 of 527
Been enjoying mine since November. The bass is a little boomy at first and sibilant in some songs, but I found they settled down after a while. The sound remains bass heavy, but it doesnt intrude into the mids and highs. Overal sound quality (detail, resolution, depth and focus) and build is very good and meets my expectation at this price point.

All buttons work properly on my Galaxy S5 as well as Galaxy Note Tab. Telephony function is also excellent. I use them in some conference calls when in the office and the clarity is so good that I'm able to focus on the discussion rather than straining to hear what other people are saying. Outside, I'd say its average, only because the microphone tends to pickup a lot of ambient noise. I can only wish it came equipped with  a noise cancelling microphone.. oh well, I guess you can't have them all.

For Comply fans like me, I also replaced the tips with Comply foam size 100. I prefer the TS-series, but the S and T-series should work fine also, just make sure the one you get size is 100. Be warned that the fit is a little tight and it may seem like its the wrong size. Expect to exert some effort to insert the foams.

Don't bother with size 200, they're simply too large.  I'm a little disappointed with Comply in being slow in updating their website with the proper fitting guide for new IEMs.

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #355 of 527
Believe it or not, I used a pair of the medium tips(the ones that came on them) from a pair of Beats tour 2.0! The medium tips from the urBeats fit nicely as well! Well, there is a good use for Beats Tours and urbeats, THE TIPS!! Although the Tours 2.0 do sound decent, to me, the Senns annihilate them sound and design wise, JUST SAYIN!

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #359 of 527
If I could find the galaxy version I would be very tempted to try these. futureshop currently has the ios version on sale for $89, tempting...

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #360 of 527
At $89 I decided to give the iOS model a try since the main button works and can give these to my wife after my Z5 gets back, or simply flip these.

Have to say I am enjoying them quite a bit. The sound is decently detailed and the bump in the bass is quite nice. I find them very comfy in ear. But I worry they will need to be adjusted a lot as they don't feel very secure. But I also find I can wear them over ear partially which may help make them more secure and reduce microphonics.

As I type a couple songs have ran and I really like the signature. It is not to bassy and not to bright and even the mids are nice and full, slightly recessed but not to dry or to warm.

I will give these some time. And make some more posts as I use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back