New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Dec 24, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #331 of 527
Sure. I plugged them in. Works like a charm. Oh, and I just tried the center button in the Google player. Works fine there. Doesn't seem to work with the Onkyo app though.

This is really weird since Sennheiser Europe told me that NO buttons work on LG G3.
They are wrong!
I just got a new LG G3 and the buttons work just fine.

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #332 of 527
I had a feeling it would work with the LG G3. I have two cables designed for Galaxy phones that work great on my LG G3.

Dec 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #333 of 527
It does seem somewhat app-dependent. For instance the Google Play Music app, all the buttons work as they're supposed to. But in the Onkyo HF player, the center button doesn't work. Volume still works fine though. Those are the only two I use on the regular, so YMMV and all that jazz. 

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #336 of 527
Are there any replacement buds for these?
I've lost one of the large ones.
Sennheiser Sweden have no spares and can't steer me in the right direction.

Any input would be awesome.

Try these :)

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/index.php?match=all&subcats=Y&dispatch=product_features.view&q=561099

Regards

Phil

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #338 of 527
Picked up the Momentum's from B&H this evening (iOS version). Initial impressions are very positive. They definitely have a warm signature with plenty of bass, but that was expected. They are not fatiguing and there is no sibilance, which is a big plus in my book. Instrument separation is good and the soundstage has been a pleasant surprise. 

On the down side, the tip selection is pretty weak, but the largest size fit me so I lucked out. I had some Vsonic tips sitting around and I found that they fit perfectly, so if anyone has any of them you could try that.

All in all, I am pleased and would recommend these... 

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #339 of 527

THANK YOU SENNHEISER for finally making the replaceable eartips more affordable (and hopefully more readily available)! I have a pair of CX985 that is in desperate need of replacement tips (the tips tear way too easily), but I'm assuming Senn USA don't stock them (they haven't called me back...) and I'm not paying FIFTY US DOLLARS for five pairs of eartips. Ridiculous! I'm really glad they addressed that issue.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #343 of 527
Hey guys. Just got my Momentum In-Ears today and I'm pretty excited. These are my first somewhat high-end earbuds, and they're pretty great from what I've used of them so far. I've been playing them with a V-shaped EQ on my HTC One M7. I will confirm that the buttons work on the HTC One M7, sort of. It's kind of weird; the "-" button, which is the lowest down button on the remote, skips a song forward, the "+" at the top skips back one song, and the middle button simply pauses. Also, double pressing the middle button does nothing, but triple pressing it calls back the last person you talked to. According to http://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentum-headphones-in-ear, this isn't what it's supposed to do. The "+" and "-" are supposed to increase and decrease the volume, respectively, and double clicking the middle button is supposed to skip. Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with this, but I just want to inform anyone with the HTC One M7 (I'd imagine it's the same with other HTC products, but don't take my word on it). First impressions: been listening to it to mostly Hip/Hop and Rap (Again, on a V-shaped EQ), and it performs very well for not being burned in yet. From what I've read, the Momentum In-Ears show pretty noticeably different when burned in. The bass isn't overpowering to me (However it may be to some), but it is definitely very capable; if you boost it up a few decibles with an EQ this is evident. The mids seem to be very rich from what I've heard so far. This definitely seems to be a somewhat V-shaped pair of earbuds (EQ aside). The one problem that I've found so far is that the highs can be piercing at times. This is mostly fixed with a simple EQ change, but it occasionally has popped up. Again, these are my initial impressions. I may make a full review at some point. Going to burn them in as I sleep tonight. I plan on trying them with a variety of EQs and many genres of music. Hope this helped some of you in some shape or form. :)

Jan 10, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #344 of 527
Get my MIE's in a day or so, am going to be trying them with several different setups. Poweram, Neutron, Jet audio players as well as the native music player on my htc ONE M8 Harmon Kardon edition phone. Cant wait to see how they perform using different settings, EQ curves, Clari-Fi, etc. these will be my first pair of Senns, and i must admit im excited! I have Shure se435's, Beats Tour 2.0(yes i actually like these iems, although it did take a looonnnggg burn in period and some creative eq usage, but they do nicely), klipsch s4's, Beats urBeats(ditto to previous remark on Tours), and a myriad collection of Jvc and sonys. These Senns, im hoping, will fill the need i have for BASS, yet still retain clarity and definition in the mids and highs, hopefully, with very little ear fatigue. Will try and do a MY OPINION review after burn in etc.

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #345 of 527
I managed to fit a pair of TDK BA-100 Comply tips on mine. Eventually settled for the Shure E3C tips, the "olives". Tight fit, but definitely not impossible. Much better and more consistent than the included silicone sleeves. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back