New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Dec 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #316 of 527
well, i just ordered this from amazon wearehouse deals used "Very good" original package etc for 85 USD (78+tax) 

do you guys think i made a good deal? should i have bought the new 99.99 ones? ive always purchased things from wearehouse "Very good" and theyre actually NEW ! thanks to amazon prime they should be here by thursday :p

Dec 10, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #317 of 527
anyone has experience with MIE and fostex TE-05? both being described as slightly V-shaped, similar price. 

i have momentum on-ear and i really enjoy the deep bass (not loud). i also tried the momentum over-ear but it doesnt offer as deep bass as on-ear, although all other aspects are better. i really want to know if the MIE are any good. otherwise my money goes to TE-05 or JVC FXZ200.

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #319 of 527
Dec 11, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #321 of 527
Dec 11, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #322 of 527
  Hello, im looking for a good and COMFORTABLE in ear earphones, i got the Monster gratitude ones and theyre very uncomfortable, they doesnt fit my ear i have to adjust the earphones every minute or so... i have a over the ear momentums and i love them, do you guys think this is the way to go? 

Haven't seen complaints about actual comfort. My personal experience is that these are very comfortable, but won't stay put (unless I play dead and stand still). The moment I move my head, they come out. The remote seems to be the big problem: it's a stiff section of the cord right where my shirt collar is, so the collar pushes the remote, which pushes the earphone out. But it comes out on the other side as well. Looping them over the ear doesn't help. Clip doesn't help either. 
Guess that as long as you can get them to stay in, you'll be fine. 
If you like the Momentum Over Ear, you should like the sound of these. If anything, I find the in-ear version sounds better than the over ear. Deeper bass, but more natural; not as tubby as on the bigger ones. 

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #323 of 527
Volume control works on my LG G3. Call button doesn't work for music playback with the Onkyo player. Haven't used it for calls yet. Shure Triple Flange ear pieces work with it. I trim down to two flanges. 

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #326 of 527
I wound up returning mine.  The sound was fine--probably not worth $100--but definitely good.  There was ample bass and they are pretty efficient IEMs so get pretty loud.  I thought the isolation was above-average and I didn't notice much in the way of microphonics cable-down.

The volume controls worked fine on my GS4, but the middle button was a little finicky.  I prefer 1-button controls as a triple click can usually go back a song.  Doesn't work with these.  I even downloaded a few headphone control apps and none of them worked properly with these headphones.  The best I could do was go forward a song or play/pause, but honestly the double click even seemed to be temperamental.

So for me I would say in a nutshell: good (but not great) sound, ample bass and decent isolation.  Limited use of middle button controls.  Worth $100?  No.

Dec 18, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #327 of 527
After 2 days of listening to them I started to love them.
I found they needed some playing time before the sound became really superb.
Also I really appreciate Sennheiser to bring a truly working in line remote. I spent 2 days of finding a reasonable quality earphones with truly working android remote control and Momentum in-ear deliver that.
On my Samsung Note 3 all buttons work perfect, middle button: play/pause, 2x next song, 3x previous song, vol+/- buttons: control volume and when pushed for a second you can skip to next song (vol+) or skip to previous (vol-).
Worth 100 EUR? Yes 
etysmile.gif

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #330 of 527
Not happy with the silicone sleeves, I played around a bit with various tips. A pair of Comply foam-tips that fit a TDK BA100 can be made to fit just fine, even if it is a bit of a tight fit. Same goes for Shure "olives", the ones that fit the Shure E3C and others. Tight, but doable. And much more comfortable than the stock sleeves. 

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Vp1NJI1CEUA/VJnrwgP9oEI/AAAAAAAAU7c/LPPOBFGktjk/s720/20141223_152458_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back