New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Nov 22, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #301 of 527
Incompatibility issue you might need the other model or an adapter to get them working on your computer. Good news is a simple female to standard mail adapter might do the trick.

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #302 of 527
yeah i just figured it out. i got a garbage adapter from radio shack..  i found another adapter and voila.. i did have to twist the jack until i hit the sweet spot and then got sound.. still a little wierd though.. none of the other iems i tried had an issue with the jack.. oh well live and learn..

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #303 of 527
Anyone knows if they'll release other color options like their big brother's lines?  Thanks.

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #304 of 527
Damn it Head-Fi, must you always be decision maker when I didn't intend to :wink:.  Used my Amazon Reward Points and took the plunge.

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #305 of 527
  Damn it Head-Fi, must you always be decision maker when I didn't intend to :wink:

Oh I know eh? Evil aren't they?!  
evil_smiley.gif

Still patiently waiting for local stores to get stock. Soon, so very soon. 
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #306 of 527
Love 'em so far. They have a lot of bass, but I appreciate that. I also don't think the cord noise is bad at all. Buttons work fine with my S4 on a custom ROM. Definitely worth the $100.

But seriously, viper4android makes these headphones even more amazing.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #308 of 527
How do they sound without viper4android?

So, they can sound fantastic because you can tweak the gain/volume as well as the bass boost...and it still sound clear. Most boosts sound terrible, but not with viper4android.

Problem I have is that I'm not sure if boosting the gain and bass hurts the headphones. I've asked on the viper4android forum and no one has answered me. For now I'm leaving everything flat. Still sounds good, but just not as good as with viper.

Nov 28, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #309 of 527
So I've had these guys for almost a week now. I hated them at first, I felt that the mids and highs were blanketed by something all i heard was bass. Step in Viper4Android. HOLY #*&^ what a difference it made. I have a galaxy note 4 for reference. After rooting my phone and installing this app I only turned on 2 items. Playback gain control (Max gain 2x, max output -1.9dB) and viper clarity (natural, default) OMG what a world of difference this made.I was contemplating getting rid of these but now.. You would have to rip them out of my cold dead hands. The highs and mids woke up and blend quite well with the bass. I wanted something like the UE TFi10's w/ better mids using V4A it just about made that happen.. Vocals are more natural sounding and a lot closer to the front of the stage, before that it sounded like the bassist and drummer were in the front and the guitars and singers were in the back..

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #310 of 527
So I've had these guys for almost a week now. I hated them at first, I felt that the mids and highs were blanketed by something all i heard was bass. Step in Viper4Android. HOLY #*&^ what a difference it made. I have a galaxy note 4 for reference. After rooting my phone and installing this app I only turned on 2 items. Playback gain control (Max gain 2x, max output -1.9dB) and viper clarity (natural, default) OMG what a world of difference this made.I was contemplating getting rid of these but now.. You would have to rip them out of my cold dead hands. The highs and mids woke up and blend quite well with the bass. I wanted something like the UE TFi10's w/ better mids using V4A it just about made that happen.. Vocals are more natural sounding and a lot closer to the front of the stage, before that it sounded like the bassist and drummer were in the front and the guitars and singers were in the back..

Yeah it really helps doesn't it!! You think turning up the gain is okay on the headphones? I just hoped it wasn't making them work too hard. But yeah, viper4android is the #1 reason I rooted my phone.

Nov 29, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #311 of 527
Yeah it really helps doesn't it!! You think turning up the gain is okay on the headphones? I just hoped it wasn't making them work too hard. But yeah, viper4android is the #1 reason I rooted my phone.I normaly don

I normally don't root my phones, but, i made the exception this time. I think it was worth it, I have Jump on my plan anyway and from what I understand I'm good either way when I return my phone for a new one.  As for gain, it essentially move the mids and Highs closer to the front. at a low gain like a mentioned I don't see them getting too stressed. adding the gain actually made me lower the volume a click or 2 back and it sounded great..

Nov 29, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #312 of 527
I normally don't root my phones, but, i made the exception this time. I think it was worth it, I have Jump on my plan anyway and from what I understand I'm good either way when I return my phone for a new one.  As for gain, it essentially move the mids and Highs closer to the front. at a low gain like a mentioned I don't see them getting too stressed. adding the gain actually made me lower the volume a click or 2 back and it sounded great..

Do you use an amplifier? I find even with volume on extreme on viper4android, on airplanes I am turning the volume all the way up on my S4. No amp here. Not so much with my Nuforce 600M though, I guess they were just very efficient at sounding loud and clear at lower phone volumes.

I'm also not liking the fact that the buttons are a little finicky for me with these. If I pause for more than 10 seconds, pressing pause again doesn't resume. I have to hit the button again which then re-pauses it, but I can hit it a third time and then it will resume. Also I wish three clicks would go back a song like most of my previous 1 button headphones would do. Not so on these.

So yeah, I'm thinking about going back to the nuforce if I can get them warrantied. The sennheiser sound better clarity wise, but I just ordered Superflux HD-681 EVOs and I think those will be better for traveling on planes anyway. I'd rather own two cheap decent phones than 1 expensive pair. Much easier to deal with if you lose a pair, break a pair, or have one stolen.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #313 of 527
First impression: not impressed.  Let the burnt-in begins.  Fingers crossed.

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #314 of 527
Hello, im looking for a good and COMFORTABLE in ear earphones, i got the Monster gratitude ones and theyre very uncomfortable, they doesnt fit my ear i have to adjust the earphones every minute or so... i have a over the ear momentums and i love them, do you guys think this is the way to go? i had the Bose IE2 and i loved the comfort but not the quality, now im thinking about

this, shure se215 and bose SOUNDTRUE (new ones, didnt looked at reviews)

what do you guys think?

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #315 of 527
I think we need more input from those fellow head-fiers who've listened to these MIE :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back