New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Nov 20, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #286 of 527
how do these compare to the UE TF10's in sound signature?

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #287 of 527
I got these over the weekend. At first I found the bass overwhelming but after 30-40 hours of burn in they sound pretty damn good. A lot more fun sounding than my Shure SE215's. The high-end is better on these as is the low-end. I think the SE215's have the better mid-range though - they sound smooth but more dull. These are more exciting. I was undecided about whether to keep these or the SE215's but I think I will keep both.

One thing I got used to with the Shure's was comfort (using the olive tips) and lack of cable noise given the over-the-ear design. I forgot how much cable noise can be evident with other headphones and so coming from those I find these to have quite a bit of it. Reading a review on Amazon someone mentioned that the Comply Whoomp foam tips which are made for one of the Apple earbuds worked well so I ordered a set of them. Will report back.

The Shure Olives don't fit these as the nozzle is too thick. The medium silicone works ok for me but I find the Shure's much more comfortable - you basically forget they are there.

Anyone found any other Shure Olive-like foam tips that work with these?

Anyone else finding microphonics/cable noise? How are you dealing with it or is this par for the course for in-ear monitors worn straight down? Don't think these were designed with the thought of being worn over-the-ear.

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #288 of 527
I bit, had them overnighted with prime.. should have them tomorrow, kind of excited now as my ue tf10's are making my ears want to disown me..

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #290 of 527
Damn it lol.. Does Amazon pricematch sennheiser's site?

Nov 21, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #294 of 527
  doesn't work here  :frowning2:

Yeah, unfortunately it died... Momentum in-ear also out of stock 

I have the same problem, mediums are too small, large are too large. Let me know if you find a fix. I have read many similar complaints.

I use Comply foam and it works great:
http://www.amazon.com/Comply-Whoomp-Foam-Tips-Platinum/dp/B004HKIAJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416606211&sr=8-1&keywords=comply+apple

It's not 100% supported by Comply, but by their CS it's a very close fit, and indeed I see no problem with this. The 400 series doesn't fit, which sucks.

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #296 of 527
So i got a chance to get an hours worth of tune time off my note 4... I gotta say.. THAT BASS... Like wow, i hope it mellows out with a little burn in.. frankly it sounds like the treble and mids are seriously recessed in comparison.. I do like the feel, and when playing the right song they did sound great. I'm going to need some time before i make my final decision on keeping them or getting rid of them. I wish i could find something with their Bass but equal treble sparkle and better detail in the mids..

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #297 of 527
  Yeah, unfortunately it died... Momentum in-ear also out of stock 

I use Comply foam and it works great:
http://www.amazon.com/Comply-Whoomp-Foam-Tips-Platinum/dp/B004HKIAJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416606211&sr=8-1&keywords=comply+apple

It's not 100% supported by Comply, but by their CS it's a very close fit, and indeed I see no problem with this. The 400 series doesn't fit, which sucks.

I take my comment back. The Comply foam above wouldn't work for more than a few days (it doesn't have good fit and it destroys the foam from the inside by putting the eartips outside/inside the ear. Kind of sucks there are no foam eartips out there for these headphones. Silicon really sucks in terms of isolation/comfort. 

Nov 22, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #298 of 527
I'm very excited to get these on Monday.  It's a shame there are so few Android-compatible headphones out these days.  Especially considering viper4android.  Do any of you run it?  It makes even a $10 pair of earbuds from wally-world sound great.  I'm sure it would neutralize out some of the issues that you guys mention are problematic for you personally.  I'm a basshead already, so it sounds like these will be a great fit for me.

Nov 22, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #299 of 527
  I'm very excited to get these on Monday.  It's a shame there are so few Android-compatible headphones out these days.  Especially considering viper4android.  Do any of you run it?  It makes even a $10 pair of earbuds from wally-world sound great.  I'm sure it would neutralize out some of the issues that you guys mention are problematic for you personally.  I'm a basshead already, so it sounds like these will be a great fit for me.

I hope so, they didn't satisfy my bass needs.

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #300 of 527
So i decided to try the momentum's out on my audio gd Fun. Long story short when i plug it in they sound blown out like as if i have a mic in the other room listening to the music coming out of the TV. heres the kicker, if I hold down the center button on the controls the sound is perfect. all of my other iems work fine.  I am using my computers asus essence ST's headphone out as the source set to 64ohm output. I tried changing that to all the ranges it just got louder with no benefits in sound quality. any ideas what may be causing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back