New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Nov 13, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #256 of 527
I really like Sennheiser products, but the USA subsidiary's parts department really has no clue. I've recently had to call to find replacement tips for my CX985 after I've noticed a couple tips were missing, and after two weeks I have still yet to receive a follow-up phone call. I have a friend who's also waiting for parts that were requested over a year ago. I'm not surprised that they'd make the mistake with the IE series and Momentum IE eartips.

Nov 14, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #259 of 527
Looks like Amazon and B&H have the iOS version in stock. Hopefully B&H has them in-store soon, as it says they're only available for shipping. Wonder if Best Buy will stock them. They only have a generic page for them, can't choose a version.

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #261 of 527
B&H Photovideo available now with iOS version for $99.95 + Free expedited shipping - US everyone!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=momentum+in+ear&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Have fun!
regular_smile .gif

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #264 of 527
How do these compare to the Brainwavz M3? I read mark's review and just ordered them for $65 off the egg.. Now i am having doubts thinking the momentums might have been a better choice? I listen to Rock and dubstep/trap mostly...

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #265 of 527
my M3 review you mean?

been a while since ive used them but from what i recall they are rather more evenly balanced, the Momentums are rather bass heavy.  i wouldnt say the M3 is a bad choice, its a good IEM and for a good price but if you are a fan of a really bass heavy genre you may prefer the more prolific output of the Momentums.

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #266 of 527
Is the bass a bit overwhelming when playing rock or alt rock? I love bass, but to a point.. Also, which of the 2 do you feel is more comfortable for prolonged use?

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #267 of 527
It's not overwhelming. It's just really good dynamic bass, nothing similiar to BA farting sounds. And frankly, after 60-70h of burnin-in these bass gets really controlled.

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #268 of 527
Picking these up from the B&H store later today or tomorrow. They'll be replacing my Monster Turbine Pro Gold which have been broken for 7 months. Tired of waiting for Monster to stock the new model for a replacement.

Anyway, can anyone recommend tips that fit these? I'm worried they won't fit my ears properly. Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like multiple sizes are included, but recommendations would still be appreciated.

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #270 of 527
  Is the bass a bit overwhelming when playing rock or alt rock? I love bass, but to a point.. Also, which of the 2 do you feel is more comfortable for prolonged use?

nope.  in fairness the level of bass on paper is such that you would think it could be overwhelming, it just never feels so somehow.

comfy, well physically both are no bother, the senn is the more comfy though.  it was instantly perfect fit wise, the 750 has the ear guide things so you have to spend all of 3 seconds to seat them right.  so technically the senns but its not an issue.

sound wise, hmm the bass an the senn is big and in theory should get ear tiring if you play at volume but i never found it so.  the 750 if you feel it poor quality treble then it sound abrasive, its not their fault, you feed it abrasive rubbish and it wont hide things from you.  the senn though is much more genteel in the highs and will be much more forgiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back