New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Nov 3, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #226 of 527
just borrowed these off a friend for a night (samsung version). They're good, but nothing to write home about. Will be cancelling my iOS preoder from Amazon and buy the ma-750i back - which are far superior in my opinion. It's been frustrating waiting on the release date and that not knowing element that keeps lingering in you wanting to try them, but I wouldn't say they were underwhelming after testing them, competent but as I said, nothing that is note worthy. For the price, there is no competition - RHA option is prob the best in that price range.

Now that fire has been stoked (hope that's the right expression!), I am looking forward to trying the upcoming Sony offerings - xba-A2 + A3

Nov 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #227 of 527
Anyone else waiting for the iOS version will have to wait a bit longer. I pre-ordered mine several weeks ago and just got an email notice from Sennheiser that they expect shipment to be on December 29. So it looks like the "mid November" estimate for iOS availability is off by over a month.

I sure hope these are worth the wait!

Damn I was just checking the estimated ship date on B&H, where my pre-order went. Well this sucks so much I might ditch and go to RHA instead....
frown.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #229 of 527
just read up on them, they look good.  Might have to give them a go instead of the ma-750i.  the t10i will def be in a different league to the momentum in ears.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #230 of 527
Yeah, well, unfortunately RHA doesn't care about android phone owners and doesn't provide android version of remote, unlike Sennheiser. I know that the sound is the most important factor, but when two items offer similiar SQ, I tend to choose the better overall product.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #231 of 527
  Yeah, well, unfortunately RHA doesn't care about android phone owners and doesn't provide android version of remote, unlike Sennheiser. I know that the sound is the most important factor, but when two items offer similiar SQ, I tend to choose the better overall product.

It's just a mic. I don't even use the mics on my headphones. 

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #232 of 527
The T10i works fine with my LG G3 minus the volume controls. The Momentum IE for Android will only work with certain models in regards to the volume controls otherwise it still ends up being a 1 button control.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #233 of 527
Sound quality you say? then RHA it is then! lol
Overall package - RHA750.  
If you want an android remote and sound quality is less of a concern - momentum in-ear

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #234 of 527
  It's just a mic. I don't even use the mics on my headphones. 

Some of us do. It is, after all, a portable piece of equipement.

And unfortunately many headsets marketed for Iphone do not offer functionallity of the middle button on some android phones (f.e. Sony ones - that's the case with my Sennheiser for sports OCX685i). So one might not be certain if the button will work with their phone or not when buying a pair of RHAs.
I write this, because I would like for companies to make IEMs also for android phones, and if RHA would make a pair, I would buy it instantly.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #235 of 527

Some of us do. It is, after all, a portable piece of equipement.

And unfortunately many headsets marketed for Iphone do not offer functionallity of the middle button on some android phones (f.e. Sony ones - that's the case with my Sennheiser for sports OCX685i). So one might not be certain if the button will work with their phone or not when buying a pair of RHAs.
I write this, because I would like for companies to make IEMs also for android phones, and if RHA would make a pair, I would buy it instantly.

The thing with RHA is that they have some sort of a partnership with Apple. It's apparent since they stock their products in their stores. Unfortunately, there isn't really a unified ecosystem for Android phones, so it's less likely you'll see as many products that are either geared exclusively or made compatible for Android. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #236 of 527
This is a very important issue!
So, anyone can comment on this for the Sennheiser Momentum In ear G ?
I want to use it with an android HTC One, and I will really like to have all the buttons working properly with my smartphone.

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #237 of 527
MIE Galaxy version will work with HTC one. As will work any headset with one-button remote. What might not work, even the middle button for answering calls, is a headset for Iphone/Ipod/Ipad.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #238 of 527
  This is a very important issue!
So, anyone can comment on this for the Sennheiser Momentum In ear G ?
I want to use it with an android HTC One, and I will really like to have all the buttons working properly with my smartphone.

I don't have HTC One to confirm, but can tell you with certainty that Samsung, HTC, and LG have compatible in-line remote volume controls.  Some Sony models work and others don't.  Most of the time Moto does NOT work.  Play/Call multifunction button is universal across any platform (though, I also heard some people with Moto X mini complaining).  Volume implementation is different between iOS and Android.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back