New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Oct 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #211 of 527
Oh, I'm not questioning you, tvercetti. Thanks for posting the email! I don't have the MIE either, but I do have the CX985 and OCX685i, and both the sound tube bore and tip design and shape seem to be very similar between the three, at least at first glance. Either way, hopefully there will be a Comply size that fits the MIE for those who want foam tips.

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #212 of 527
No worries, I didn't take it that way :) I'm not sure either, but I am getting these tomorrow (I caved and bought them on amazon) so I should be able to report back with a definitive answer. Fingers crossed.

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #215 of 527
So I decided to pull the trigger on these. I should receive them next week so I'll give them a listen and give my impressions. I'm not sure how helpful that will be since I don't have nearly as much experience with good quality headphones, specifically IEM's, as many of you do but I'll let you know anyways. I also ordered the comply foam tips that fit the IE 8's since the Sennheiser rep in that email said that they should fit. That way I can let everybody know if those tips do actually work with the MIEs. So hopefully I can report back to you guys on Wednesday or Thursday. 

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #216 of 527
Anyone have any idea when we can expect the iOS version in the UK? seems like it's taking forever.  Am thinking about getting another pair of RHA ma-750i after losing my pair, but would like to give these a try before doing so.

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #220 of 527
So, I got them today. Sound good so far, though I thought bass would be faster, it's not microdynamic driver class bass unfortunately, but I will wait with my final opinion till they burn-in.

Edit: All right. Time for some impressions. Just so you know, my IEM experience is Sony MH1c, JVC FRD80-z, Yamaha EPH100. All dynamic microdrivers, all good. The only one V-shaped out of them is JVC. 
So, these Sennheisers are quite amazing. Twister's review is pretty much on point. What surprised me is how good V-shaped sound could be. I usually associated V signature with cheap forward sounding IEMs. But MIE has a V-shaped sound signature done with class. Sound is spacious and detailed. Mids aren't really that recessed. It was a relief for me (well, these are not that cheap) that they sound so coherent, even though they are V-shaped. I had JVC-FRD80 for a while, and JVC sounded much colder and thiner than MIE. MIE, even though V-shaped and on a bit brighter side do not sound thin at all.
What surprises me is the level of detail in these IEM, I usually associate that level of detail with warmer headphones with full mids, such as Yamaha. I'm more of warmer sound guy anyways, but I'm loving Sennheisers more and more. What is weird that they give the impression of being quite smooth, even though they are Vshaped. The highs are very good, better than in Yamahas (obviously) but not annoying at all.
I wouldn't really call MIE bassy. Yes, they have great bass, and there is a lot of it in bass dominant music. But it never overpowers the tracks. The bass is fast enough, the 14h burn-in helped. And in music that is not bass heavy, the bass isn't that loud or dominant. It just makes the sound complete. I would say these have similiar amount of bass as Yamahas.
And the comfort, fit and cable are just amazing.
Cable on the photos might give the impressions of being flat, but it's not really flat, it's oval, and not very wide, it's about 2mm wide I think. So it's not a spagetti cable or anything like it, but it doesn't tangle. Microphonics are not a problem when walking, they are really apparent only when you hit the cable. Isolation is decent enough.
And the fit... Damn, angled nozzles are really a good idea. They fit perfectly.
I would recommend these to anyone looking for a great IEMs for smartphone.

Btw, cable seemed a bit too long, I measured it, it's 1,4m, not 1,3 as it should be... Can anyone else measure cable of their pair, see if this is normal?

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #221 of 527
Anyone else waiting for the iOS version will have to wait a bit longer. I pre-ordered mine several weeks ago and just got an email notice from Sennheiser that they expect shipment to be on December 29. So it looks like the "mid November" estimate for iOS availability is off by over a month.

I sure hope these are worth the wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back