New Sennheiser IE8's On Sale for Only $328.00 USD, Free Shipping No Tax
Dec 5, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean the whole one page before my post or the five after it?
rolleyes.gif

I have also read the six page thread regarding the fake IE8s and only saw one response from a Shure rep saying that you can contact Shure if you are looking for an authorized reseller. I have yet to see confirmation from Shure that there are fake IE8s out there, but although if that thread is to be believed it's not vary promising. However things like "the picture of the ear in the picture is too yellow" is hardly conclusive. A lot of the "evidence" presented is garbage, particularly the pictures posted of packaging. Differences in color and contrast, etc can easily be from the equipment used to take the picture and not the packing. There also may be some variation in the quality of the actual packaging as perhaps a bad batch of the cardboard inserts slipped through QA, etc.

However there is also some decent evidence in there: the OP, already owning a pair of genuine IE8s was able to A/B them and said they sounded nothing like the "real" thing. And in the side by side photos the housing on the assumed fakes is noticeably larger. Could be a manufacturing change though.

Here is the thread in question: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/w...cluded-457420/

Hopefully Shure can get to the bottom of this, and quickly. But unless you know FOR A FACT that a particular seller has knock-offs, you really just keep your mouth shut if you can't politely warn others of unconfirmed speculation of fakes being sold.

Just for the record I got fakes today(also refunded now)and they look exactly like the box in the thread. It's obvious, the camera may be different but the headphones themselves in the picture look grainy and "****ty" to be honest. I am pretty sure the ones on Amazon are real, they do back up the company, if any one you in the thread went through the feedback they sell a wide range of headphones some that have no fakes. Even some mentions of how people got a genuine product and they are happy with it. Pretty sure Amazon is not going to stab your wallet with fake Sennheiser IE8's

Dec 5, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by YGuyG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just for the record I got fakes today(also refunded now)and they look exactly like the box in the thread. It's obvious, the camera may be different but the headphones themselves in the picture look grainy and "****ty" to be honest. I am pretty sure the ones on Amazon are real, they do back up the company, if any one you in the thread went through the feedback they sell a wide range of headphones some that have no fakes. Even some mentions of how people got a genuine product and they are happy with it. Pretty sure Amazon is not going to stab your wallet with fake Sennheiser IE8's

Exactly. I easily purchase at least a few hundred items from Amazon a year and never have problems.

Now they're actually being sold by Z Electria.

Either way, Amazon protects the buyer with their A-Z guarantee. I've had to use it once from a small time reseller but it went along without a hitch.

Dec 5, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by molokovellocet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if your trying to help noobs why don't you show us where to buy these for a LOT less as you say.

Used...always a great deal.
biggrin.gif

Frankly, in the audio world (car, home, head) I've really tried to avoid buying new anymore if I can find a used option available. Most of these products last 5, 10, heck even had a set of buds last me about 20 years, I really have stopped caring about buying brand new. I've been preferably avoiding new for about the past 5 years. It's just so much easier on the wallet.

Many tout warranty, but it's really there for one purpose, to catch manufacturing defects that the company themselves don't catch during production and quality control. If owner #1 has used them for a period of time and have had no faults with the product, chances are you won't be buying a defective product. The only thing left to determine lifetime is use, and that part is up to you.

Jan 15, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #21 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by molokovellocet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you are assuming they are fake to me.
So if your trying to help noobs why don't you show us where to buy these for a LOT less as you say. And sounds like you are assuming I am a noob because of my low post count? I joined this forum 5 years before you did really?

I already received mine and compared them to the fake IE thread pics and yes mine are real. SO I'm trying to figure out where are these authorized retailers that will price match so I can get a LOT better deal as you say.

So once again do you have any facts or are you just going to continue to spew nonsense and hyperbole.

Did you order from Sarjo? If you did, are they real? I ordered from them too, and mine SEEM real. They have the red wire that I read about in the fake ie8 thread. I'm asking for verification because I tend to scare myself.

Jan 15, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #22 of 36
Headroom has them for a lower price with no tax. Plus its an authorized seller so you get the 2 year warranty and you can trust that they wont be fake. The same cant be said about the amazon link.

Jan 15, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly. I easily purchase at least a few hundred items from Amazon a year and never have problems.

Now they're actually being sold by Z Electria.

Either way, Amazon protects the buyer with their A-Z guarantee. I've had to use it once from a small time reseller but it went along without a hitch.

Z Electrica sells unauthorized old stock Klipsch X10's. They aren't fake, but not much better, since they are an old version and no warranty. So I wouldn't put it past them to sell shady IE8's as well. I personally have both Z Electrica and Electronica Direct on my "do not touch" list.

Amazon marketplace is not the same as buying something directly from Amazon.

Jan 15, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Z Electrica sells unauthorized old stock Klipsch X10's. They aren't fake, but not much better, since they are an old version and no warranty. So I wouldn't put it past them to sell shady IE8's as well. I personally have both Z Electrica and Electronica Direct on my "do not touch" list.

Amazon marketplace is not the same as buying something directly from Amazon.

Old version = no warranty?

It does not make any sense to me. Sounds like only fake has no warrnety

Jan 15, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Old version = no warranty?

It does not make any sense to me. Sounds like only fake has no warrnety

No, unauthorized seller = no warranty. Old version = not as good as the new version.

EDIT: I guess my previous post was confusing. The reason for no warranty is the unauthorized part in the previous sentence, not the fact that they are old stock.

Jan 15, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, unauthorized seller = no warranty. Old version = not as good as the new version.

EDIT: I guess my previous post was confusing. The reason for no warranty is the unauthorized part in the previous sentence, not the fact that they are old stock.

That makes more sense now
atsmile.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nastywordz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headroom has them for a lower price with no tax. Plus its an authorized seller so you get the 2 year warranty and you can trust that they wont be fake. The same cant be said about the amazon link.

In Headroom they cost $499.95. How this could be lower?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back